Brainlab

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.8

Support Specialist Position Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brainlab.

Two people gave the interview and they mainly wanted to get a sense of who you are. They asked mainly general questions, but did ask whether I had some experience with lab equipment such as an oscilloscope and a multimeter. Nothing too specific or hard. Best advice is to appear to be confident and to have leadership qualities and to be a fast learner.

Clinical Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brainlab in January 2013.

Interview was conducted at a restaurant.

There really was none for my position.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Brainlab in June 2012.

Very structured interview process, smart people asking smart questions and a convincing company culture.
    Interview took 90 minutes and people from HR and R&D were involved.
    I got feedback after each of the two sessions and got a job offer at the very end.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you explain the Brainlab technolgy to our family"   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feldkirchen-Westerham (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feldkirchen-Westerham (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Brainlab in August 2014.

I heard back from Brainlab approximately 2 weeks after my initial application. A phone interview was scheduled, but it was rather a monologue of the interviewer, who gave me a very explicit insight into the position. We talked almost 90 minutes and after all, there were no open questions left. He told me they would get back to me at the end of the following week. I rescheduled other interviews I already had appointments for, because I was really interested in Brainlab as a company and its products. However, I never heard back from them until 5 weeks later when I received an email that I had not been successful. They sent me a standard mail as if the interview had never taken place. By hindsight, I was probably a bit overenthusiastic about the company. They offered a rather low salary ( maybe that's why they refused me, because they did not gain any other significant additional information during the "interview") and they did not show a lot of respect for the situation of their candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a partnering company under certain stressful circumstances?   View Answer

Junior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brainlab.

The interview process was very smooth. It took a week to hear back after I applied for the role. The interview took place with product director and HR recruiter. It was an intense question and answer session. No offer received , but I would definately try again for a different role. Received feedback that I was too senior for the job, which was really fair enough and gave me some ideas how to move forward with my carrier.

I had a great impression with the company, looked like a really friendly environment filled with really happy and satisfied employees. At least that was my impression.

Interview Questions
    • typical interview schedule - tell us about yourself, your strengths, weaknesses. What are you doing at your current job etc. There were not many complicated questions at all.   Answer Question

Sales Administration In Regional Area Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brainlab.

- via job postings or headhunter
    - HR to talk to you about the position and assess if you are a right fit
    - Schedule interview with immediate superior
    - Superior to interview you + 2nd interview with higher manager
    - signing of contract

Interview Questions
    • will you be committed to this job and company   View Answer
    negotiations on salary is usually with HR. but if you can, talk to your immediate boss in your region. HRs might be located in another country and might not understand the benefits system in your country of posting.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brainlab in September 2010.

Very unprofessional, no real HR person. The sales director interviewed me and mostly on my previous experience. Small office and very unprofessional "culture".

Support Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brainlab in March 2010.

The interview panel consisted on 4 persons, each one from a different hierarchical level within Radiotherapy. Interview questions were very specific to the job responsibilities. Customer service aspect of the job responsibility was taken too seriously and I was questioned from within my answers. At the end, a verbal puzzle was asked to be solved out loud. They wanted to see my thought process in solving an issue, which I believe was great.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you just reached a imp customer site to fix a system issue and another important customer called you for a system down issue that needs to be fixed ASAP because they need to use it tomorrow and they are an hr and a half drive away.   View Answer

Am Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Brainlab in January 2010.

Overall the process has been very similar to most interviews in the Medical Industry they can sometimes drag on for months depending on Managements current schedule and availability... Unlike most interviews this was not the typical question and answer session... It was all about what you had been able to uncover and research over the few days prior to the meeting which will give you a head up on the competition. Obviously there has to be a similar experience in the managing of territorries and overall management of the sales cycle which you should be able to explain at a moments notice... Although the decision is said to be made by the RM - This process has many hand at play from other Representatives to Engineering and C-Management.

Business Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brainlab in January 2009.

3 rounds of interviews:

First with direct manager and HR - about 1 hour
    Second with manager and division manager - 1 hour talk, 1 hour case with 15 min presentation
    Third short chat with board member