Brainlab Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brainlab.

Interview

Two phone interviews with two members from upper management followed by one in person interview with upper management. It seems as though all applicants are competitive in terms of education, so the emphasis is put on personality and how you will interact with others in a team environment. The process was very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very personable. Again, in my experience, I found that they wanted to ensure I possessed the core qualities they wanted in a team member. While there was an emphasis on technical capacity, I found that they wanted to know they were hiring someone who wanted to be apart of a passionate team of individuals that truly believes in putting out the best product they can.   1 Answer

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brainlab.

Interview

Phone screening, then rounds of Interviews in the office. First you get a call from the hiring manager, and then you will be paid to be brought into the Chicago office for the in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brainlab.

Interview

Two people gave the interview and they mainly wanted to get a sense of who you are. They asked mainly general questions, but did ask whether I had some experience with lab equipment such as an oscilloscope and a multimeter. Nothing too specific or hard. Best advice is to appear to be confident and to have leadership qualities and to be a fast learner.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company.   1 Answer

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brainlab in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was conducted at a restaurant.

Negotiation

There really was none for my position.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brainlab (Westchester, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Very structured interview process, smart people asking smart questions and a convincing company culture. Interview took 90 minutes and people from HR and R&D were involved. I got feedback after each of the two sessions and got a job offer at the very end.

Interview Questions

• "How would you explain the Brainlab technolgy to our family"   Answer Question

Projektmanager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brainlab (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in March 2015.

Interview

The first part was by phone - about 20 minutes and in 10 days I received an invitation for the personal interview. The personal interview took 1 hour, that they made a quick overview of their products and said that will let me know the results in 1-2 weeks. The company provides reimbursement program, so the candidates from another countries could apply.

Interview Questions

• There are a lot of HR questions - what motivate you, what demotivate, how you colleges will describe you, etc.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Feldkirchen-Westerham (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Brainlab (Feldkirchen-Westerham (Germany)) in August 2014.

Interview

I heard back from Brainlab approximately 2 weeks after my initial application. A phone interview was scheduled, but it was rather a monologue of the interviewer, who gave me a very explicit insight into the position. We talked almost 90 minutes and after all, there were no open questions left. He told me they would get back to me at the end of the following week. I rescheduled other interviews I already had appointments for, because I was really interested in Brainlab as a company and its products. However, I never heard back from them until 5 weeks later when I received an email that I had not been successful. They sent me a standard mail as if the interview had never taken place. By hindsight, I was probably a bit overenthusiastic about the company. They offered a rather low salary ( maybe that's why they refused me, because they did not gain any other significant additional information during the "interview") and they did not show a lot of respect for the situation of their candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a partnering company under certain stressful circumstances?   1 Answer

Junior Produktmanager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brainlab (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

Das Bewerbungsgespräch verlief absolut reibungslos. Danach dauerte es eine Woche, bis ich von ihnen hörte. Das Interview fand mit dem Produktleiter und dem Personalvermittler statt. Es war eine intensive Frage-und-Antwort-Runde. Ich habe kein Jobangebot bekommen, würde es aber mit Sicherheit nochmal versuchen, wenn eine andere Stelle frei wird. Ich habe die Rückmeldung bekommen, dass ich für die Stelle überqualifiziert bin. Das ist für mich in Ordnung und gibt mir eine Vorstellung davon, wie ich meine Karriere voranbringen kann. Das Unternehmen machte einen tollen Eindruck auf mich, mit einer kollegialen Arbeitsumgebung voller fröhlicher und zufriedener Mitarbeiter. Das war zumindest mein Eindruck.

The interview process was very smooth. It took a week to hear back after I applied for the role. The interview took place with product director and HR recruiter. It was an intense question and answer session. No offer received , but I would definately try again for a different role. Received feedback that I was too senior for the job, which was really fair enough and gave me some ideas how to move forward with my carrier. I had a great impression with the company, looked like a really friendly environment filled with really happy and satisfied employees. At least that was my impression.

Interview Questions

• Typischer Ablauf des Bewerbungsgesprächs - erzählen Sie uns etwas über sich, Ihre Stärken, Schwächen. Was beinhaltet Ihr jetziger Job usw. Es gab überhaupt nicht viele komplizierte Fragen.   typical interview schedule - tell us about yourself, your strengths, weaknesses. What are you doing at your current job etc. There were not many complicated questions at all.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brainlab.

Interview

- via job postings or headhunter - HR to talk to you about the position and assess if you are a right fit - Schedule interview with immediate superior - Superior to interview you + 2nd interview with higher manager - signing of contract

Interview Questions

• will you be committed to this job and company   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiations on salary is usually with HR. but if you can, talk to your immediate boss in your region. HRs might be located in another country and might not understand the benefits system in your country of posting.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brainlab (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in September 2010.

Interview

Very unprofessional, no real HR person. The sales director interviewed me and mostly on my previous experience. Small office and very unprofessional "culture".