Brainshark Interview Questions

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brainshark.

Spoke with the director (who is super nice). Was then told to make a short presentation using their free software and come back in a few days to present it to the team of my would-be co-workers. I did so, and then talked separately with several team members including senior PMs as well as management.

Interview Questions
    I gave them a range and they exceeded it somewhat.

Contractor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Brainshark.

Phone interview, nothing in-person. Very informal and the interviewer didn't really seem to care who I was, she was just looking for a body to warm a chair that knew how to use a computer.

Software Engineer Interview

Questions:
    - Design: Build a chat client
    - write ATOI function
    - Alphabet grid: You have a grid with letters from the english alphabet. You have to write an algorithm to find the longest word in the grid.

CEM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Brainshark in April 2013.

Resume, multiple interviews with team members, Director and VP. Good review of culture and job responsibilities and well as a day in the life review.

Interview Questions
    • In depth conversation about customer experience philosophy.   Answer Question
    Brief. The offer was a good one.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brainshark.

Very odd. A quick interview, if you wish to call it that, with three people, two of whom are now gone. A sit down with the SVP of Sales who wanted to see if I could add three percentages to get 100%. Not really many questions of me, so much as them selling me on the company. Usually, they want to know about your toughest challenge, etc., but none of that here. I was hired within a few days of speaking with them. You have to take an assessment test, which was the easiest thing in the world. You can see the answers that they're looking for, so go along for the ride.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, although I did get interrupted many times by employees coming to speak with the hiring manager. I was there to speak with him, not listen to his employees.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. You take it or leave it.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brainshark in May 2012.

show up, be yourself and be educated on how companies are now focusing on sales enablement, and how online/mobile ready video communications can benefit them. Also understand how companies train their salespeople. Be prepared to discuss how you sell SaaS and any successes you might have had. They are big on hiring smart people who are down to earth

Manager of Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brainshark in April 2012.

I came in to interview to meet with the executive management team which included the CEO, CFO, CTO, SVP, HR Manager, Director of Software Development, Director of Custom Engineering and Rapid Response and Director of IT to discuss their current hiring needs of the company, how my experience and expertise will help them along the way. Everyone was very pleasant and showed lots of enthusiasm working there which made me feel like the environment was a place I would also want to work at. When I was finished with the interview, they extended me an offer the very same day. It was professional and in a timely manner. I'm glad they chose me.

Interview Questions
    • Am I afraid of sharks that are smart? If so this is not the place for me. That's why it's called Brainshark. Pun intended.   Answer Question
    It was quick and to the point. I was closed earlier on salary expectations which shows they know what they want and was good at not wasting anyones time.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Brainshark in October 2009.

Combination of resume experience, SaaS experience, and personality/gut of interviewers

Interview Questions
    • Talk a little bit about your sales approach or methodology   View Answer
    fair

Lead Generation Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brainshark in January 2010.

round one: phone interview
    round two: live interview with hiring manager and then VP
    Offer made verbally
    Written offer delivered and accepted

Interview Questions
    • Describe a personal goal you set and didn't achieve; what you did to evaluate the failure and how you moved forward.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, i had been unemployed for 10 months and wanted the job