Braintree

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Braintree.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from a recruiter later that day. Nothing too substantial in this conversation. The recruiter then sent me a coding challenge to complete within a week. It was pretty basic object oriented stuff. We had to submit tests and documentation explaining our methodology and why we chose the language we chose. A few days after submitting the code, the recruiter called me to let me know the engineering team wasn't satisfied with my submission.

Designer Interview

Designer
Chicago, IL

I interviewed at Braintree in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed by two people - asked questions about background and offered little info about expectations for the role or what Braintree team was looking for. Not much of an interview but sounds like they're still deciding what the role of the designer they want to hire is.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Braintree in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR rep after initial application. Completed writing sample after initial phone interview and was asked to come in. Met with HR rep, 2 team leads, and 2 team members. Interview took about 2 hrs total and included logic questions.

Interview Question – Multiple logic questions to end interview.   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Mobile Developer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Braintree.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with HR to go over my background, general skills. And he didn't give me a next chance to take the technical interview. Maybe that's because my english skill wasn't good enough to impress him.

Interview Question – Nothing, just be fluent to speak your background.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online - interviewed at Braintree in February 2014.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview

Interview Question – All HR questions based upon my resume   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Braintree.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with HR to go over my background, general skills and cultural fit. The next step was a take home code exercise(nothing too complicated), after the team had the opportunity to review my code I was invited to a full day at Braintree(10am-4pm aprox).

The day started with technical talk, followed by lunch, a white board session and finally a pair up session(we continued working on the code I sent initially), the day ended with a talk to HR to go over benefits and answering any questions I had.

Even tho I didn't get the job I am glad I had the opportunity to spend a day at Braintree, there are amazing people in the organization and I kind of felt part of the team for 1 day. No puzzle, no tricky questions!

Suggestions for Braintree: Better feedback. If you decide a candidate is not the right fit for the position help them understand why. Maybe even offer some resources or suggestions on how to improve areas where candidates appear weak.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions, they start with something simple and push you to see how much you know about the subject for example: How would you design a URL shortener app? the answer can be simple or complicated depending on your level of expertise.   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Account Management
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Braintree.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a response the very next day regarding setting up a phone interview. It took place just a few days later. It consisted of basic "get to know you" and work experience questions. Took about 30 mins. My impression of this was very positive since the interviewer had a great personality, not dry, which made me feel comfortable and confident. After the phone screen an in person interview was set for the following week.

I took a Wonderlic test then interviewed with 4 team members. Again, a very comfortable and positive environment throughout. It is very important to be professional, but also be yourself and show them who you are. There were similar questions to the phone screen, but most of them were situational questions like, "Give me a time when..." As long as you are able to communicate your work experience and how you handled it in relation to the question, this part will be easy for you. This interview lasted about an hour and a half.

Literally just minutes after I left the building from this interview, I received a phone call requesting a second in person interview! To help speed up the interviewing process I was asked to come in the next day. This time I interviewed with 3 more team members + one of the executives for an hour and a half. The questions were similar to the second but slightly more intensive. I was told I would receive correspondence in a few days letting me know my status either way. Two days later I received a phone call with an offer!

The interviewing process with Braintree was very quick, but organized, positive and comfortable. This is something hard to come by in typical interviews. I loved seeing the camaraderie between the team members, and getting some insight into their culture. Interviewing and being in the Braintree environment validated that this was the place I was looking for.

Interview Question – What would your coworkers say is the most difficult thing about working with you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received what I asked for.

Sales Interview

Sales
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Braintree in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process with Braintree is very thoughtful, thorough, and responsive. I contacted Braintree and heard back from the HR department within 24 hours. After a quick phone interview, they brought me in a few days later for an in-person interview. A day after the initial in-person interview I was brought in for the final interview. During this process, I met with many of the talented people I would be working with in the future. Braintree really allows you to get a sneak peek at their culture to see if there's a mutual fit for both parties. It's important to be yourself throughout the entire interview process. From first contact to hire was about a week.

Interview Question – So why us?   Answer Question

Applications Manager - Underwriter Interview

Applications Manager - Underwriter
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Braintree in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process for the Braintree Payments position that I applied for was smooth and painless. After submitting my resume online I received an email the same day confirming that my resume had been received and that someone would be contacting me. The next day I received an email setting up an initial telephone interview. The telephone interview was used to gauge my past work experience and interest in the company. I was given an opportunity to ask whatever questions I had on the company and position.

The first round of interviews was setup shortly after the telephone interview. I was given a Logic Test for which I was given 5 minutes to answer 50 questions. After completing the test I interviewed with two HR reps. The HR reps were very kind and open. We went over general interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, past experience, interest in the company, etc). I then met with two members of the Applications Team. They discussed the culture and work environment of the company and wanted to see how I would fit in. They also were interested in how I organize my daily tasks, previous customer interactions (email, phone, face), and general things I do for fun. The interviewers were very open with giving me their personal perspective of the company.

I was notified of the company's interest in holding a second round of interviews for me the day after my first round. For my second round I met with three of the company's more senior employees. I was asked questions on my job at the time and to give examples of accomplishments, trials, and why I was looking to leave. They also wanted to see what I knew about the company and industry since it was so different from what I was currently doing. The team of interviewers made me feel comfortable and never like I had a spotlight on me. At the end of the interview I was given a chance to ask about the company's future and what management has set as short and long term goals.

I was notified of the job offer within a few days of the second round interview. The interview process with Braintree was smoother than my previous employer. The HR team did a great job of following up and working around my schedule. I really appreciated how quickly they got back to me after each round. Some companies make you wait weeks and cause unnecessary stress but that was not the case here.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you failed on something at work. How did you work through it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Braintree in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very in depth, difficult (but worth it) interview process. Had to fill out an online application, phone interview, an IQ test and two in office interviews.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to champion an unpopular change?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered something above my asking price, so was very happy with my offer.

Worked for Braintree? Contribute to the Community!