Braintree

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

3.2

Account Manager Interview

Everyone I spoke to was very nice and easy to talk to. I went through several different rounds of interview- a lot of waiting. It was a good experience but unfortunately I did not have the background they were looking for.

Ops Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Braintree in October 2014.

Applied online, reached out by a HR. He sent me a SQL test to finish within one week. I nailed down the test, and got a phone interview very quickly. Then no response in the following two weeks. I emailed twice to check status. Finally, a recruiter told me they 'believe' they sent me an email, and it might be classified as a spam. But I didn't set filter for my email, and I checked my spams... no findings. So I asked them if they can resend it. I got the boilerplate email instantly.
    In short, the interview process can be very quick for those of are interested. Otherwise they're just hang you out until you figure it out yourself, from my personal experience.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Braintree in September 2014.

Very referral based company. Find a referral to get an interview. The initial phone interview is basically walking through your resume, what you know about the company, why you want to work there etc. They ask you a good amount of questions about who who are as a person and what you are looking for within a company.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Braintree.

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter later that day. Nothing too substantial in this conversation. The recruiter then sent me a coding challenge to complete within a week. It was pretty basic object oriented stuff. We had to submit tests and documentation explaining our methodology and why we chose the language we chose. A few days after submitting the code, the recruiter called me to let me know the engineering team wasn't satisfied with my submission.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Braintree in May 2014.

Interviewed by two people - asked questions about background and offered little info about expectations for the role or what Braintree team was looking for. Not much of an interview but sounds like they're still deciding what the role of the designer they want to hire is.

Mobile Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Braintree.

Initial phone screen with HR to go over my background, general skills. And he didn't give me a next chance to take the technical interview. Maybe that's because my english skill wasn't good enough to impress him.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Braintree in February 2014.

Telephonic interview

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Braintree in September 2013.

Phone interview with HR rep after initial application. Completed writing sample after initial phone interview and was asked to come in. Met with HR rep, 2 team leads, and 2 team members. Interview took about 2 hrs total and included logic questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Braintree.

Initial phone screen with HR to go over my background, general skills and cultural fit. The next step was a take home code exercise(nothing too complicated), after the team had the opportunity to review my code I was invited to a full day at Braintree(10am-4pm aprox).

The day started with technical talk, followed by lunch, a white board session and finally a pair up session(we continued working on the code I sent initially), the day ended with a talk to HR to go over benefits and answering any questions I had.

Even tho I didn't get the job I am glad I had the opportunity to spend a day at Braintree, there are amazing people in the organization and I kind of felt part of the team for 1 day. No puzzle, no tricky questions!

Suggestions for Braintree: Better feedback. If you decide a candidate is not the right fit for the position help them understand why. Maybe even offer some resources or suggestions on how to improve areas where candidates appear weak.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions, they start with something simple and push you to see how much you know about the subject for example: How would you design a URL shortener app? the answer can be simple or complicated depending on your level of expertise.   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Braintree.

I applied online and received a response the very next day regarding setting up a phone interview. It took place just a few days later. It consisted of basic "get to know you" and work experience questions. Took about 30 mins. My impression of this was very positive since the interviewer had a great personality, not dry, which made me feel comfortable and confident. After the phone screen an in person interview was set for the following week.

I took a Wonderlic test then interviewed with 4 team members. Again, a very comfortable and positive environment throughout. It is very important to be professional, but also be yourself and show them who you are. There were similar questions to the phone screen, but most of them were situational questions like, "Give me a time when..." As long as you are able to communicate your work experience and how you handled it in relation to the question, this part will be easy for you. This interview lasted about an hour and a half.

Literally just minutes after I left the building from this interview, I received a phone call requesting a second in person interview! To help speed up the interviewing process I was asked to come in the next day. This time I interviewed with 3 more team members + one of the executives for an hour and a half. The questions were similar to the second but slightly more intensive. I was told I would receive correspondence in a few days letting me know my status either way. Two days later I received a phone call with an offer!

The interviewing process with Braintree was very quick, but organized, positive and comfortable. This is something hard to come by in typical interviews. I loved seeing the camaraderie between the team members, and getting some insight into their culture. Interviewing and being in the Braintree environment validated that this was the place I was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • What would your coworkers say is the most difficult thing about working with you?   Answer Question
    I received what I asked for.