Brainware

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant to General Manager, EVP Interview

Executive Assistant to General Manager, EVP
Ashburn, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brainware in July 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by their internal recruiter (who, by the way, is not an employee but a contractor). I had an initial telephone screening with her and then she told me that I would be contacted the next week by their CFO. A date and time had been arranged for him to call me. He blew me off and I had to call the recruiter to let her know that he had missed our scheduled meeting. That should have been my first red flag with this company. She rescheduled our phone screen and I connected with the CFO. I then was scheduled to come into their office in Ashburn and meet with the recruiter, a telephone interview with the EA to the President of the company and the HR Director. All went so well they made me a verbal offer and discussed my start date and contacted all my references. They got back to me that my references were excellent and they were working on getting my salary approved by their "audit committee". That all took place on July 11th and it is now August 13th and they totally disappeared and I have never heard from them again. I always say "the best that you will ever be treated by a company is during the recruiting process." And if this is the best I will ever be treated, well, you can keep your job and good luck to the next candidate. I have never, in my 30 year career, EVER been treated so unprofessionally by an organization.

Negotiation Details – My advice to other applicants/candidates is to run as fast as you can away from this totally unprofessional corporation.

Very Easy Interview

Ashburn, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Brainware in October 2009.

Interview Details – First I had a call with a recruiter to give a quick sense of my background. That was on a Friday.
On Monday, she had me come in for a round of interviews. I interviewed with someone from marketing, a peer, and the hiring manager. Everything was conversational. The flip side was you could tell this was a small but growing company without a formal process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation.

Training Interview

Training
Ashburn, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brainware in December 2010.

Interview Details – A very comprehensive interview process, including phone screening, phone interviews, Personality and Aptitude Testing, In Person Interviews with several executives and a background check.

Interview Question – What do you know about our technology and business?   Answer Question

Accountingmin Interview

Accountingmin
Ashburn, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brainware in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was not about meeting me it was a chance to tell me what the company was doing. I was passed along between interviews and then left to RETAKE a 3 hr exam because they believe you may have cheated the first time you took it.

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation- take or leave their offer, if you negotiate they will hire someone else.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brainware in May 2011.

Interview Details – First round was a online Aptitude test and personality test. For the next round they called me onsite. I had to go through the online test once again(this was to confirm i did not cheat). Then i had four rounds of 1:1 interview. Never asked the salary expectation. Got offer with couple of days.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Ashburn, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Brainware in April 2011.

Interview Details – This was not a good experience. After submitting my resume, I was immediately asked to take an IQ & Personality assessment that took two hours to complete. I was advised that if I did not complete the assessment within 48 hours of being notified to take it that my qualifications would not be considered for employment. I had not even had an opportunity to speak with anyone about the company or the position before having to donate two hours of my time to this company. Note to recruiters: Do not ask for this much of a time commitment from candidates without at least first speaking to them and finding out if there is a potenial match for moving forward in the process.

Two weeks after submitting the assessment, I received an email from the recruiter requesting a 30-minute informational call. The call had to be rescheduled several times because the recruiter either missed the scheduled time all-together or declined to respond to messages confirming a time. On several occasions when he missed the scheduled time, he tried to call me later from the car or while at lunch. He may have been really busy, but I found this to be very unprofessional and not a good first impression of the company.

When we did finally speak, it sounded like he was in a restaurant or some other public place with lots of background noise. The only thing he wanted to know was exactly how much specific experience in the exact same role I had. If that was all he wanted to know, he could have gotten that from my resume, so it was clear that he hadn't even looked at it. When I didn't meet their minimum experience level, he said those were the only candidates that they were looking at right now and did I have any thoughts on that. I told him that they had to go with the best candidates available, that I was no longer interested in a position with the company anyway, and thanked him for his time. In the end, the process wasted several hours of my time that I will never get back, answering a simple question that could have been taken care of quickly by looking at my resume or asking for clarification via email.

Their product may have promise, but the recruiting process needs more refinement. I would not apply for a job there again.

Interview Question – How much specific experience that exactly matches the job description do you have for this position?   View Answer

Ashburn, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brainware in June 2009.

Interview Details – HR contacted via phone and had a quick chat at the office. She had me do a personality and IQ test online and then contacted me for an office interview. I spoke with three people in management who asked about my background as well as interest in sales, including experience as it relates to the job. Very standard interview. I got the offer via email a few days later.

Interview Question – What appeals you to sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not an option.

Sales Associate
Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brainware.

Interview Details – very informa procedure, the hiring manager was very friendly, asked for my resume and asked questions based on my experience and qualifications as stated on resume

Interview Question – why i chose to study my chosen degree   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Brainware in February 2010.

Interview Details – The process started with an Intelligence test, wasn't too bad. Then a phone interview, which consisted of being asked the normal interview questions "tell me a little about yourself...etc" Then was the on-site interviews. This was a 5 hour process in which I met with 5 different interviewers starting with a peer interview all the way up to an executive vice president. As long as you don't lie and be yourself, you should be fine.

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. They just extended an offer.

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Human Resources Recruiter

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brainware in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was immediately sent an email to take a skills/personality test. It took about two hours, and was timed, so you had to commit to completing it before starting. Once the test was completed, I received a call from the company (not sure her title, but got the admin vibe) to come in and interview. It was scheduled two days later.

At the interview, I was asked to take the skills/personality test AGAIN. It was identical to the first test, so I'm not sure why my time was wasted doing it twice. I guess that's to confirm that I didn't have a super-smart friend help you cheat from the home computer. When I completed it, I was interviewed by the benefits/comp employee. He asked HR101 text-book questions about my previous experience. Overall he seemed bored. Not with me, but I think with the interviewing process in general. He took a page of notes and then left. I was then escorted to a different conference room where I met with the HR director. He was wonderful and asked intelligent questions based on my resume and educational background. Unlike the previous interviewer, the director actually read my resume before talking to me.

The office was interviewing several other people while I was there. The company is experiencing a large expansion, and I was told that they were trying to fill their next sales class for the following month. I was told the HR recruiting position was taking a backseat to getting the other positions hired first. To me, this seemed a little backwards. I would expect a company would want the recruiter in first to manage all the other hiring as quickly as possible. My interview was almost two weeks ago and I have not heard anything back yet one way or the other. That isn't bad because I was told it could be several weeks before they made a decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you recruit on a budget?   View Answer
  • What information would you put on a job description on an online positing such as Monster or CareerBuilder?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Brainware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brainware interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Brainware employees and interview candidates.