Brainware Interview Questions

2.4

Executive Assistant to General Manager, EVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brainware (Ashburn, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by their internal recruiter (who, by the way, is not an employee but a contractor). I had an initial telephone screening with her and then she told me that I would be contacted the next week by their CFO. A date and time had been arranged for him to call me. He blew me off and I had to call the recruiter to let her know that he had missed our scheduled meeting. That should have been my first red flag with this company. She rescheduled our phone screen and I connected with the CFO. I then was scheduled to come into their office in Ashburn and meet with the recruiter, a telephone interview with the EA to the President of the company and the HR Director. All went so well they made me a verbal offer and discussed my start date and contacted all my references. They got back to me that my references were excellent and they were working on getting my salary approved by their "audit committee". That all took place on July 11th and it is now August 13th and they totally disappeared and I have never heard from them again. I always say "the best that you will ever be treated by a company is during the recruiting process." And if this is the best I will ever be treated, well, you can keep your job and good luck to the next candidate. I have never, in my 30 year career, EVER been treated so unprofessionally by an organization.

Negotiation

My advice to other applicants/candidates is to run as fast as you can away from this totally unprofessional corporation.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brainware (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

First round was a online Aptitude test and personality test. For the next round they called me onsite. I had to go through the online test once again(this was to confirm i did not cheat). Then i had four rounds of 1:1 interview. Never asked the salary expectation. Got offer with couple of days.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Brainware (Ashburn, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

This was not a good experience. After submitting my resume, I was immediately asked to take an IQ & Personality assessment that took two hours to complete. I was advised that if I did not complete the assessment within 48 hours of being notified to take it that my qualifications would not be considered for employment. I had not even had an opportunity to speak with anyone about the company or the position before having to donate two hours of my time to this company. Note to recruiters: Do not ask for this much of a time commitment from candidates without at least first speaking to them and finding out if there is a potenial match for moving forward in the process.

Two weeks after submitting the assessment, I received an email from the recruiter requesting a 30-minute informational call. The call had to be rescheduled several times because the recruiter either missed the scheduled time all-together or declined to respond to messages confirming a time. On several occasions when he missed the scheduled time, he tried to call me later from the car or while at lunch. He may have been really busy, but I found this to be very unprofessional and not a good first impression of the company.

When we did finally speak, it sounded like he was in a restaurant or some other public place with lots of background noise. The only thing he wanted to know was exactly how much specific experience in the exact same role I had. If that was all he wanted to know, he could have gotten that from my resume, so it was clear that he hadn't even looked at it. When I didn't meet their minimum experience level, he said those were the only candidates that they were looking at right now and did I have any thoughts on that. I told him that they had to go with the best candidates available, that I was no longer interested in a position with the company anyway, and thanked him for his time. In the end, the process wasted several hours of my time that I will never get back, answering a simple question that could have been taken care of quickly by looking at my resume or asking for clarification via email.

Their product may have promise, but the recruiting process needs more refinement. I would not apply for a job there again.

Interview Questions

• How much specific experience that exactly matches the job description do you have for this position?   1 Answer

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brainware (Ashburn, VA) in December 2010.

Interview

A very comprehensive interview process, including phone screening, phone interviews, Personality and Aptitude Testing, In Person Interviews with several executives and a background check.

Accountingmin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brainware (Ashburn, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview was not about meeting me it was a chance to tell me what the company was doing. I was passed along between interviews and then left to RETAKE a 3 hr exam because they believe you may have cheated the first time you took it.

Negotiation

there is no negotiation- take or leave their offer, if you negotiate they will hire someone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brainware (Ashburn, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

First I had a call with a recruiter to give a quick sense of my background. That was on a Friday.
    On Monday, she had me come in for a round of interviews. I interviewed with someone from marketing, a peer, and the hiring manager. Everything was conversational. The flip side was you could tell this was a small but growing company without a formal process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brainware (Ashburn, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

HR contacted via phone and had a quick chat at the office. She had me do a personality and IQ test online and then contacted me for an office interview. I spoke with three people in management who asked about my background as well as interest in sales, including experience as it relates to the job. Very standard interview. I got the offer via email a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brainware (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

very informa procedure, the hiring manager was very friendly, asked for my resume and asked questions based on my experience and qualifications as stated on resume

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brainware in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was immediately sent an email to take a skills/personality test. It took about two hours, and was timed, so you had to commit to completing it before starting. Once the test was completed, I received a call from the company (not sure her title, but got the admin vibe) to come in and interview. It was scheduled two days later.

At the interview, I was asked to take the skills/personality test AGAIN. It was identical to the first test, so I'm not sure why my time was wasted doing it twice. I guess that's to confirm that I didn't have a super-smart friend help you cheat from the home computer. When I completed it, I was interviewed by the benefits/comp employee. He asked HR101 text-book questions about my previous experience. Overall he seemed bored. Not with me, but I think with the interviewing process in general. He took a page of notes and then left. I was then escorted to a different conference room where I met with the HR director. He was wonderful and asked intelligent questions based on my resume and educational background. Unlike the previous interviewer, the director actually read my resume before talking to me.

The office was interviewing several other people while I was there. The company is experiencing a large expansion, and I was told that they were trying to fill their next sales class for the following month. I was told the HR recruiting position was taking a backseat to getting the other positions hired first. To me, this seemed a little backwards. I would expect a company would want the recruiter in first to manage all the other hiring as quickly as possible. My interview was almost two weeks ago and I have not heard anything back yet one way or the other. That isn't bad because I was told it could be several weeks before they made a decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you recruit on a budget?   1 Answer
    • What information would you put on a job description on an online positing such as Monster or CareerBuilder?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brainware in August 2010.

Interview

To be considered for a phone interview, one must first pass an IQ/ Personality Test that takes about 2 hours. After the test, I interviewed with the recruiter, then the sales manager. They asked mainly generic questions about my sales experiences and personality. After passing these rounds, I was brought on site for the final interview. The final round interview consisted of meeting with three decision makers. In a meeting with one of the vice presidents of the company, he made a joke about Brainware's product putting "little old ladies out of work". He also claimed that Brainware was superior to other software development companies because other soft dev companies offer product discounts at the end of a quarter to meet revenue goals, and Brainware does not. Later in our conversation, when I asked if there was any seasonality to Brainware's sales, he stated that most of their revenue is booked at the end of a quarter. In my other face to face interviews, they asked questions about their product and the industry. If you can ask insightful questions, and are genuinely interested in the product, you will do well.

You will need to leave your cell phone in the car during the interview. There is an on site IQ test to confirm your earlier results, and they demand your cell phone from you so that you can't use its calculator function on the IQ test (although there is a calculator function on the testing computer, as well as internet capability). After the test was over, I had to wait in the lobby for over an hour to receive my cellphone. The person I left my cellphone with went home for the day without giving anyone the key to his drawer. When contacted, he asked if it was possible to pick up my phone the following business day. I demurred, and as soon as I got home I thanked the interviewers for their time and told them I would be considering other options.