Brainware

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Ashburn, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Brainware in October 2009.

Interview Details – First I had a call with a recruiter to give a quick sense of my background. That was on a Friday.
On Monday, she had me come in for a round of interviews. I interviewed with someone from marketing, a peer, and the hiring manager. Everything was conversational. The flip side was you could tell this was a small but growing company without a formal process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation.

Ashburn, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brainware in June 2009.

Interview Details – HR contacted via phone and had a quick chat at the office. She had me do a personality and IQ test online and then contacted me for an office interview. I spoke with three people in management who asked about my background as well as interest in sales, including experience as it relates to the job. Very standard interview. I got the offer via email a few days later.

Interview Question – What appeals you to sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not an option.

Sales Associate
Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brainware.

Interview Details – very informa procedure, the hiring manager was very friendly, asked for my resume and asked questions based on my experience and qualifications as stated on resume

Interview Question – why i chose to study my chosen degree   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brainware in August 2010.

Interview Details – To be considered for a phone interview, one must first pass an IQ/ Personality Test that takes about 2 hours. After the test, I interviewed with the recruiter, then the sales manager. They asked mainly generic questions about my sales experiences and personality. After passing these rounds, I was brought on site for the final interview. The final round interview consisted of meeting with three decision makers. In a meeting with one of the vice presidents of the company, he made a joke about Brainware's product putting "little old ladies out of work". He also claimed that Brainware was superior to other software development companies because other soft dev companies offer product discounts at the end of a quarter to meet revenue goals, and Brainware does not. Later in our conversation, when I asked if there was any seasonality to Brainware's sales, he stated that most of their revenue is booked at the end of a quarter. In my other face to face interviews, they asked questions about their product and the industry. If you can ask insightful questions, and are genuinely interested in the product, you will do well.

You will need to leave your cell phone in the car during the interview. There is an on site IQ test to confirm your earlier results, and they demand your cell phone from you so that you can't use its calculator function on the IQ test (although there is a calculator function on the testing computer, as well as internet capability). After the test was over, I had to wait in the lobby for over an hour to receive my cellphone. The person I left my cellphone with went home for the day without giving anyone the key to his drawer. When contacted, he asked if it was possible to pick up my phone the following business day. I demurred, and as soon as I got home I thanked the interviewers for their time and told them I would be considering other options.

Interview Question – How competitive are you?   Answer Question

Worked for Brainware? Contribute to the Community!