Brand Institute

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Director - Brand Development Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Brand Institute.

Interview Details – Received a really nice email from VP on LinkedIn, stating I would be a great fit for the role, and they would like to interview me. I replied happily agreeing to interview. I did not hear back from them. I followed up 3-4 days later, and I was told that somebody at HQ had sent an email to me and because I had not responded to that email they had thought I was not interested. However, I had not received that email. Had I received it, I would have happily responded.

The next morning I got a call from HQ, they asked me if I could meet with the VP for a lunch meeting that day. I said it was not possible as I was already at work, which is not close by to the lunch location they wanted me to be at. However, I said I could be available after work hours, or the next day. They put me on hold for 30 seconds, and the VP took over the phone. He sounded uneasy, and told me it was not going to work out, and that it was a personality thing - my personality would not match. I was not even sure if he knew if he was talking to me, as these were his first talking words with me.

Interview Question – Can you meet the hiring manager in 3 hours?   View Answers (4)

Brand Development Manager Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brand Institute in February 2013.

Interview Details – Responded to an Indeed posting. Got an email back within a day. Within a week I spoke to a hiring manager about my qualifications and why I thought I was fit for the job. The following week I got a call from the CEO, the interview didn't go well. He was quite arrogant and questioned my ability to help his company grow despite having my own company in a completely different industry. My company runs itself in a way in which I don't have to be there. He couldn't understand how that worked.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us if you already own a million dollar company?   View Answers (2)

New Business Associate Interview

New Business Associate
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brand Institute in November 2013.

Interview Details – Online job application, then in person interview in Miami office. No difficult questions, the CEO just wanted to tell me about everything he's done, you won't get much of a chance to speak. Just acknowledge and keep eye contact & awake, he's very repeative and told me the same story twice in the course of 20 minutes. I was told that the CEO hasn't hired people on the basis that he thought their shoes weren't polished enought. Kinda lame but gives you a window into what the company is like.

Interview Question – The CEO liked to talk about sports, baseball & basketball mainly. I didn't undertand any relevance to the job, whole interview felt like a lockeroom pep talk. Very dull learned nothing more about the job than I had already read online in the job description. Kinda felt like a big waste of time but I guess good practice, they say you should try & practice interviewing all the time right so I just chalk this experience up as practice.   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – I got a better offer with $5K more on the base

New Business Associate Interview

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brand Institute.

Interview Details – The process was pretty quick and you could tell they were eager just to have someone fill a seat. Walk in breathing and you've got the job.

Interview Question – What do you know about branding? (I actually have a knowledge base not even sure it matters to them).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – starting pay is $32 - $35 and $35 was easy to get.

Managing Director Interview

Managing Director

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Brand Institute in October 2013.

Interview Details – interview process was very simple if the CEO likes you, you are hired. it's the type of interview where they tell you about the company and the position. they don't really ask any tough questions

Reason for Declining – i'm looking for a larger global business environment

Associate Brand Development Interview

Associate Brand Development

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brand Institute.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with CEO, followed by local in person interview. Phone interview seemed mostly about assessing communication skills (particularly with high level business executives) and basic qualifications. Everyone was very straight forward, informative, and professional. Although I was ultimately not offered the job, it was a very pleasant and positive experience with what seems to be a great company.

Interview Question – Most difficult question: Explain a recent time when you felt like you failed at something.   Answer Question

Creative Name Developer Interview

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brand Institute.

Interview Details – Very misleading. I left another job for what I thought was my dream job. I was not given a tour or shown where the department works. I was told that they have a "work to live. Not live to work" mentality. You're job is to create one lists of a minimum of 75 name suggestions per product - one after the other. No breaks.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Development Interview

Associate Brand Development
Miami, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brand Institute in September 2011.

Interview Details – They called me back asking if I was interested in coming in for an interview. I did, and when I showed up I interviewed with 2 individuals from upper management who were very calm and friendly. Overall a good experience, I really got to share my past experience in a relaxed and open manner.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Brand Institute?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I accepted the salary and that was it!

Associate Designer Interview

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Brand Institute in February 2009.

Interview Details – Easy going interview where you will be asked a set of basic questions based on your experience.

Director Brand Development Interview

Director Brand Development
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brand Institute in December 2010.

Interview Details – Happens very quick. Be ready to make a move if you are interested. The initial interview with the CEO is more of a "gut-check" to make sure that folks can communicate and have interest in the position. The next interview will be in person with the local hiring manager and more to see if it will be a good fit.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Brand Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brand Institute interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Brand Institute employees and interview candidates.