Brandeis University

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brandeis National Committee Interview

Brandeis National Committee

I applied online - interviewed at Brandeis University in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews. One over the phone and one in person with hiring committee. After second interview they asked me to submit a writing sample, but never called me back.

Digital Media Specialist Interview

Digital Media Specialist

Interviewed at Brandeis University

Interview Details – Brandeis University provides students with the opportunities of a world-class research university in the intimate setting of a small liberal arts college just a few miles from downtown Boston. We truly believe we blend the best of both worlds.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s best universities, Brandeis is widely recognized for the excellence of its faculty and the quality and diversity of its student body.

Interview Question – The university was named for the late Louis D. Brandeis, the first Jewish Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, and it was shaped by the ideals he represented: passion for learning, commitment to social justice and equality, individual rights and concern for the world.   Answer Question

Department Coordinator Interview

Department Coordinator
Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brandeis University in September 2010.

Interview Details – Had a brief phone screening and then was brought in to interview with 4 members of the department. Brought back again to meet with 2 more members.

Interview Question – So, this is your first real job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Very Easy Interview

Digital Media Specialist Interview

Digital Media Specialist
Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Brandeis University in August 2010.

Interview Details – Hire and interview were pretty easy. It's very much based on who you know, and getting to the interview quicker than anyone else. The standards aren't very high so the important thing is to get to that job before any other students.

Interview Question – There were not really any hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is a low tier job and there is no negotiation

TEACHERS ASSISTANT Interview

TEACHERS ASSISTANT
Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Brandeis University.

Interview Details – I was approached by the professor. No interview required.

Negotiation Details – It was basically a take it or leave it offer

Very Easy Interview

Undergraduate Peer Tutor Interview

Undergraduate Peer Tutor

Interviewed at Brandeis University

Interview Details – One interview, very simple process. Also required one professor reccomendation, 3 hour training, mostly learning about tutoring styles

Interview Question – Had me tutor something to the interviewer   Answer Question

Department Coordinator Interview

Department Coordinator
Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brandeis University.

Interview Details – Process involves at least 3 days, and interviews with 6 or more people. It can be very time consuming if you are transitioning into a new career, but is typical for higher ed.

Interview Question – Not a question but a suggestion: sending thank you notes here is very important. It is expected that you send a personalized thank you note to every person you meet with, from the HR phone screening to the Department Director.   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Waltham, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brandeis University.

Interview Details – After some email and phone exchanges, I came over for a day, meet the people, discussed science.

Interview Question – It was not like a test, so question N/A/   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave a range, with explanation how I got it. The offer was in the middle.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Waltham, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Brandeis University in February 2008.

Interview Details – My communications were surprisingly short. I suspect my advisor made up his mind about me before I had come out for an interview. It was a typical interview: a day of meetings with other postdocs, a 40 minute talk. Everyone was polite and had good things to say about Brandeis.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate moving expenses, but my currently salary is below NIH standards.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Brandeis University in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was on site, where I met with everyone in the lab individually, and I gave an one hour presentation of my graduate student work. Everyone was very friendly and put me to ease for the process.

Interview Question – Being told after starting the job that I should move closer to be able to spend more time in the lab.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brandeis University

Worked for Brandeis University? Contribute to the Community!