Brandeis University

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.2

Event Manager Interview

Phone Interview done by a representative from the human resources department. In person interview conducted a week or so later. Hiring process took a few week before an offer was made.

Digital Media Specialist Interview

Brandeis University provides students with the opportunities of a world-class research university in the intimate setting of a small liberal arts college just a few miles from downtown Boston. We truly believe we blend the best of both worlds.
    Consistently ranked among the nation’s best universities, Brandeis is widely recognized for the excellence of its faculty and the quality and diversity of its student body.

Interview Questions
    • The university was named for the late Louis D. Brandeis, the first Jewish Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, and it was shaped by the ideals he represented: passion for learning, commitment to social justice and equality, individual rights and concern for the world.   Answer Question

TEACHERS ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brandeis University.

I was approached by the professor. No interview required.

It was basically a take it or leave it offer

Undergraduate Peer Tutor Interview

One interview, very simple process. Also required one professor reccomendation, 3 hour training, mostly learning about tutoring styles

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brandeis University.

Process involves at least 3 days, and interviews with 6 or more people. It can be very time consuming if you are transitioning into a new career, but is typical for higher ed.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question but a suggestion: sending thank you notes here is very important. It is expected that you send a personalized thank you note to every person you meet with, from the HR phone screening to the Department Director.   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brandeis University.

After some email and phone exchanges, I came over for a day, meet the people, discussed science.

Interview Questions
    I gave a range, with explanation how I got it. The offer was in the middle.

Brandeis National Committee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Brandeis University in October 2012.

Had 2 interviews. One over the phone and one in person with hiring committee. After second interview they asked me to submit a writing sample, but never called me back.

Technology Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brandeis University in June 2011.

Was first contacted by email to setup a phone screen. Went through this process and a month later was contacted for in-person interview. This went well with individual and panel interviews. Was then contacted for a second in-person a couple weeks later. Went through all that and then waited over 2 weeks. No response from the department either way. This was the worst part; not knowing. Seems disrespectful and callous to put someone through this process and then offer no response at all.

Interview Questions
    • How do you managerial skills dovetail with your financial knowledge?   Answer Question

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brandeis University in September 2010.

Had a brief phone screening and then was brought in to interview with 4 members of the department. Brought back again to meet with 2 more members.

n/a

Digital Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brandeis University in August 2010.

Hire and interview were pretty easy. It's very much based on who you know, and getting to the interview quicker than anyone else. The standards aren't very high so the important thing is to get to that job before any other students.

Interview Questions
    This is a low tier job and there is no negotiation