Brandy Melville

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Brandy Melville

Interview Details – It was hard to figure out when the open interview actually was, the girls who work there have no idea what's going on. It was a group interview. Wear all Brandy clothes when you go.

Interview Question – What makes a "brandy girl"?   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brandy Melville in June 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty simple interview. I went to a group interview . About 14 people went around in a circle answering the questions... I was well prepared.. Honestly it really doesn't matter what you say during the interview... If you're Caucasian and pretty they'll hire you.... Just read the yelp reviews.

Interview Question – Question "what can you bring to brandy?"   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Brandy Melville in June 2014.

Interview Details – Extremely unprofessional interview; they asked what my favorite movie was & what I could bring to the table. Also I brought a resume and was well spoken in my interview, the girl I know got the job did not bring a resume, didn't talk in the interview, and was very shy, but she got the job nonetheless because she was pretty and wearing all brandy melville.

Interview Question – What is your favorite movie   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brandy Melville in May 2014.

Interview Details – Emailed manager, setup and interview appointment for a week later. One on one interview with store manager and visual manager. Ask about three questions that were very easy and straight forward

Interview Question – Questions were easy and straight forward, such as What can you do to improve customer service?   Answer Question

Newport Beach, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Brandy Melville.

Interview Details – Brandy Melville holds many open interviews. I attended an open interview, and, including me, there were five other girls. To an open interview, you are asked to bring a resume. You dress very casual. I've been told that they usually pick the girls who are "Brandy'd out"! In a group interview, the managers ask typical customer service and situational questions. At the end of the interview, they take a picture of you. You also have to send in a picture of yourself and your resume to the manager.

Interview Question – No question was difficult. Rather, a group interview is a little tough sometimes because the person before you might have had the same thought.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They emailed back the same day to tell me I was offered a position.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brandy Melville in May 2013.

Interview Details – Well I applied online. But most of the stores have open interviews just contact the manager and go in. They will ask you for your picture several times. They will also take pictures of you to "show HQ".

Interview Question – Most of the questions were about your personal style and where you shopped. They asked for experience and all that. Took a picture and that was it. It was the fastest interview I've had.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brandy Melville in July 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview, then individual interview

Interview Question – You have to be in the culture and knowledgable of fashion   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation till they try to move you up

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Brandy Melville

Interview Details – I saw the job posting on their Facebook page and emailed the manager. She requested an interview with me and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – What have you done in the past that proves your skills in customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Brandy Melville in February 2013.

Interview Details – Open interviews were held at the store. When this was advertised, it specifically said they were "hiring for cashiers and visual merchandisers" but when I got there, I find out that they were also hiring for sales associate for their current store and possibly their new store (which they were really secretive about). It would have been nice if they fully advertised this in in-dept detail: specific positions, location, etc. There were about 8 of us in the group interview. Right off the bat, the interviewers looked and sounded uninterested in the interview (and these people were supposedly the managers ...imagine that). They asked pretty straightforward questions.

To be honest, I was really annoyed by the body language of these managers and decided mid-interview that this was not the company for me. I would have expected them to be more enthusiastic since the atmosphere and employees are. It's a shame because I'm very loyal to the brand, and I've always received outstanding customer service every time I visit the store. It really makes you wonder how they treat their employees. By far the worst interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Question – - tell me about yourself
- what do you know about Brandy Melville
- what defines a 'brandy' girl
- strengths/weaknesses
  Answer Question

Worked for Brandy Melville? Contribute to the Community!