Brandy Melville Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brandy Melville

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brandy Melville.

Interview

There was none. I emailed the manager after seeing that there was an opening and was asked to send in my availability, resume, and photos of myself that best demonstrate my personal style. They made a point to ask that your entire body be visible. I got an email saying I was hired, picked up my paperwork, and that was the end of it. Whole process took a few days max.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brandy Melville.

Interview

Phone Call screening before in person group interview. Waited around 2 weeks for a phone call. Call to tell you if you got the job was pretty fast. Group interviews are the hardest and everyone seem to have plenty of experience in the fashion field, other than just retail experience.

Interview Questions

• what past fashion related job experience did you have?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brandy Melville.

Interview

Open interview, 20+ people lined up. Got there early, was in the first group (gotta make a good impression), 5 girls in my group. took about 15min or less, simple questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked for a picture. Nothing difficult except for the huge amount of competition.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Brandy Melville.

Interview

didn't even apply for the job.. I was paying for a dress and they asked if I would want to work there. I said sure and they told me to bring in some papers that same weekend. within a couple days I got my hours

Interview Questions

• Had to bring in my passport and fill out employment papers   Answer Question

Negotiation

offered me 10.00 and I accepted cause its my first job

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was hard to figure out when the open interview actually was, the girls who work there have no idea what's going on. It was a group interview. Wear all Brandy clothes when you go.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Brandy Melville (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional interview; they asked what my favorite movie was & what I could bring to the table. Also I brought a resume and was well spoken in my interview, the girl I know got the job did not bring a resume, didn't talk in the interview, and was very shy, but she got the job nonetheless because she was pretty and wearing all brandy melville.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brandy Melville (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple interview. I went to a group interview . About 14 people went around in a circle answering the questions... I was well prepared.. Honestly it really doesn't matter what you say during the interview... If you're Caucasian and pretty they'll hire you.... Just read the yelp reviews.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brandy Melville in May 2014.

Interview

Emailed manager, setup and interview appointment for a week later. One on one interview with store manager and visual manager. Ask about three questions that were very easy and straight forward

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy and straight forward, such as What can you do to improve customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brandy Melville (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Brandy Melville holds many open interviews. I attended an open interview, and, including me, there were five other girls. To an open interview, you are asked to bring a resume. You dress very casual. I've been told that they usually pick the girls who are "Brandy'd out"! In a group interview, the managers ask typical customer service and situational questions. At the end of the interview, they take a picture of you. You also have to send in a picture of yourself and your resume to the manager.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult. Rather, a group interview is a little tough sometimes because the person before you might have had the same thought.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They emailed back the same day to tell me I was offered a position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

interviewed at Brandy Melville in April 2014.

Interview

I went to an open interview. Many girls were fully decked out in Brandy clothes, which I suggest you do. Lots of people were tall, blond teenagers, but not necessarily super friendly people. They asked pretty generic questions, mostly about fashion.