Brandy Melville

Updated Sep 13, 2014

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brandy Melville

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Brandy Melville.

didn't even apply for the job.. I was paying for a dress and they asked if I would want to work there. I said sure and they told me to bring in some papers that same weekend. within a couple days I got my hours

Interview Questions
    • Had to bring in my passport and fill out employment papers   Answer Question
    offered me 10.00 and I accepted cause its my first job

Sales Associate Interview

It was hard to figure out when the open interview actually was, the girls who work there have no idea what's going on. It was a group interview. Wear all Brandy clothes when you go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Brandy Melville in June 2014.

Extremely unprofessional interview; they asked what my favorite movie was & what I could bring to the table. Also I brought a resume and was well spoken in my interview, the girl I know got the job did not bring a resume, didn't talk in the interview, and was very shy, but she got the job nonetheless because she was pretty and wearing all brandy melville.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brandy Melville in June 2014.

Pretty simple interview. I went to a group interview . About 14 people went around in a circle answering the questions... I was well prepared.. Honestly it really doesn't matter what you say during the interview... If you're Caucasian and pretty they'll hire you.... Just read the yelp reviews.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brandy Melville in May 2014.

Emailed manager, setup and interview appointment for a week later. One on one interview with store manager and visual manager. Ask about three questions that were very easy and straight forward

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy and straight forward, such as What can you do to improve customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brandy Melville.

Brandy Melville holds many open interviews. I attended an open interview, and, including me, there were five other girls. To an open interview, you are asked to bring a resume. You dress very casual. I've been told that they usually pick the girls who are "Brandy'd out"! In a group interview, the managers ask typical customer service and situational questions. At the end of the interview, they take a picture of you. You also have to send in a picture of yourself and your resume to the manager.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult. Rather, a group interview is a little tough sometimes because the person before you might have had the same thought.   Answer Question
    They emailed back the same day to tell me I was offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brandy Melville in October 2013.

I came into the store asking if they're hiring and they asked me if i was at least 15 and then told me i could come into the store on friday for a group interview and gave em a specific time. Once the day of the interview I actually came and i arrived to the store there was a line out the door of people who apparently were also there for an interview. I had to wait there for an hour until my group had to come in. The interviewers didn't seem to care about anything except for how much brandy items we were wearing and what we looked like. It was set up really badly and everyone basically copied off of the other persons interview answers.

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite brandy item? What would you say your clothing style is?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brandy Melville in May 2013.

Well I applied online. But most of the stores have open interviews just contact the manager and go in. They will ask you for your picture several times. They will also take pictures of you to "show HQ".

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were about your personal style and where you shopped. They asked for experience and all that. Took a picture and that was it. It was the fastest interview I've had.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brandy Melville in July 2012.

Group interview, then individual interview

Interview Questions
    • You have to be in the culture and knowledgable of fashion   View Answer
    No real negotiation till they try to move you up

Sales Associate Interview

Really basic interview based questions also with a focus on customer service. Questions like: why do you want to work here? why should we hire you? what does customer service mean to you? etc.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer was demand a refund and was disobeying company policy?   Answer Question