Braum's

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Braum's.

Interview Details – I was interviewed and hired immediately after the interview was completed. The interview process was just a way for the GM to get to know you and how they meshed with you personally.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Braum's in January 2014.

Interview Details – When you apply for any job it's important to make sure you give your application directly to a Manager rather than a regular Employee so you can introduce yourself and make sure it gets into the right hands. If you choose Braum's, apply when the restaurant isn't busy, which is usually between the hours of 2-4 and apply on Weekdays. It's also crucial that you look somewhat professional just in case if they decide to Interview you on the spot, as some Employers do, especially fast-food places. When I filled out my application, I originally applied as a team member, but she was hiring night managers at the time. I gave her my application as soon as I was done completely it and she interviewed me on the spot. The Interview was brief and too the point. She didn't really ask me much, except if I was legal to work in the United States, what my availability was, did I have reliable transportation to and from work, and what I was going to College for. The typical questions asked during an Interview. Just be confident and try not to look nervous. Smile. Be happy :)

Interview Questions

• "On a scale 1-10, how well do you handle stressful situations?"   View Answer
  • "What are your top three weaknesses?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – After the Interview, she hired me on the spot and went over how much I'll make per hour, the required dress code, my job duties, and gave me three aprons and a hat. The entire process took about 15 minutes. It wasn't very long at all. I was satisfied with the pay I started out with, and I'm currently getting paid that amount, but if you feel like you should receive more, then maybe you can put your negotiation skills to use and try to negotiate a higher pay rate. If you have previous work experience and/or a college degree you should receive higher pay than I what I received, and I'm sure the Manger will understand that. Orientation is a few hours. You just sit and watch videos about ice cream.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Braum's in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had three interviews, the first being with the general recruiter, second being with the distict manager, and the third being with the area manager. Very professional.

Interview Question – What can you do for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Cashier/Clerk Interview

Cashier/Clerk
Tyler, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Braum's in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fine. Extremely easy. The only question you actually had to think about was why you wanted to work there. I was hired on the spot at my interview, but waited 2 weeks for them to call, as I informed them I would be leaving a couple weeks for Christmas. They never called. I called multiple times over the next week but received empty answers with no promise of the manager calling me back. I could not get a hold of them at all. They never called me back to let me work, and I had to move cities. They lost a potential employee from this. The hiring process and the management is extremely unorganized and the workers and managers are lazy. I knew a few people that worked there and they were all on drugs. They said a drug test was required, but I knew that was not true since the employees were all using drugs. I would not even consider working here even if they begged me to come back. The place was filthy and the workers were rude and indifferent.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. I was 17 at the time, and they said I would receive 7.25 an hour and my friend, who also got the job that was with me would get 7.50 since he was an adult.

Cashier/Clerk Interview

Cashier/Clerk
Denison, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Braum's in December 2013.

Interview Details – I knew one of the employees and asked if they were hiring. She asked her manager and I got a job immediately with no interview and beginning signing up on their kiosk. The people there seemed bored and overworked and others appeared lazy and distempered. Management was for the most part very friendly. Though the employees seemed to not like their duties they made the best of it with some friendly jokes to each other.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Team Member

I applied in-person and interviewed at Braum's.

Interview Details – Literally no interview. Turned in the application, and without even looking at it the manager just told me the hours and the pay and told me to come in during the week. I guess they were just really desperate.

Interview Question – There are none.   Answer Question

Grill Cook Interview

Grill Cook

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Braum's.

Interview Details – My sister, who had a job at the Springdale location,got me an interview. It was fairly straight forward, fill out the application, wait for the phone call, get the interview, and crush it like a boss.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiating...

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Braum's in April 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out paper application and asked for a manager on shift (who was the store manager) she looked it over and asked a few questions such as: The days you put down you are 100% able to work?, How long are you expecting to stay at this job?

A few days later I came back in and she set up an appointment and a day later I came in to speak to her as a before hand interview.

A week later I was interviewed by Store Manager, District Manager, and State(?) Manager. Which I've been told is rare, so usually you might only be interviewed by Store Manager and maybe a shift manager.

I was given the job on the spot, and told to come in a few days later for training.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 20 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Assistant Manager III Interview

Assistant Manager III

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Braum's.

Interview Details – I met the Braum's recruiter at a job fair and she scheduled me for an interview. I interviewed with the area manager and district manager, both of which seemed to be unorganized and unfamiliar with how to conduct an interview. I was offered a position of Assistant Manager 3 (working 2 - 11 pm) for $11.25 per hour.

Reason for Declining – Low wage offer for the hours and type of job

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Weatherford, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at Braum's in August 2009.

Interview Details – I hired in as shift manager had to summit 3 applications cause they lost mine. interviewed with general manager, district manager and then area manager. area manager is not very professional if your young and pretty no worries you have the job. older females have the hardest timequestions asked have nothing to do with business worst interview I ever had

Interview Question – was asked why Whataburger made more money than braums   View Answer

Negotiation Details – when asked to go to another town I asked for 12.00 an hour that was 1.00 more than I made and had worked for them for 4 years was told if I wanted more money increase my sales lower my labor and there was my raise via bonus. got to new store and found out girl with 1 year experience made the same as me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Braum's

Worked for Braum's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Braum's interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Braum's employees and interview candidates.