Braum's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.1

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Braum's.

I was interviewed and hired immediately after the interview was completed. The interview process was just a way for the GM to get to know you and how they meshed with you personally.

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Braum's.

Literally no interview. Turned in the application, and without even looking at it the manager just told me the hours and the pay and told me to come in during the week. I guess they were just really desperate.

Grill Cook Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Braum's.

My sister, who had a job at the Springdale location,got me an interview. It was fairly straight forward, fill out the application, wait for the phone call, get the interview, and crush it like a boss.

No real negotiating...

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Braum's in January 2014.

When you apply for any job it's important to make sure you give your application directly to a Manager rather than a regular Employee so you can introduce yourself and make sure it gets into the right hands. If you choose Braum's, apply when the restaurant isn't busy, which is usually between the hours of 2-4 and apply on Weekdays. It's also crucial that you look somewhat professional just in case if they decide to Interview you on the spot, as some Employers do, especially fast-food places. When I filled out my application, I originally applied as a team member, but she was hiring night managers at the time. I gave her my application as soon as I was done completely it and she interviewed me on the spot. The Interview was brief and too the point. She didn't really ask me much, except if I was legal to work in the United States, what my availability was, did I have reliable transportation to and from work, and what I was going to College for. The typical questions asked during an Interview. Just be confident and try not to look nervous. Smile. Be happy :)

Interview Questions
    • "On a scale 1-10, how well do you handle stressful situations?"   View Answer
    • "What are your top three weaknesses?"   View Answer
    After the Interview, she hired me on the spot and went over how much I'll make per hour, the required dress code, my job duties, and gave me three aprons and a hat. The entire process took about 15 minutes. It wasn't very long at all. I was satisfied with the pay I started out with, and I'm currently getting paid that amount, but if you feel like you should receive more, then maybe you can put your negotiation skills to use and try to negotiate a higher pay rate. If you have previous work experience and/or a college degree you should receive higher pay than I what I received, and I'm sure the Manger will understand that. Orientation is a few hours. You just sit and watch videos about ice cream.

Cashier/Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denison, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Braum's in December 2013.

I knew one of the employees and asked if they were hiring. She asked her manager and I got a job immediately with no interview and beginning signing up on their kiosk. The people there seemed bored and overworked and others appeared lazy and distempered. Management was for the most part very friendly. Though the employees seemed to not like their duties they made the best of it with some friendly jokes to each other.

Cashier/Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Braum's in November 2013.

The interview process was fine. Extremely easy. The only question you actually had to think about was why you wanted to work there. I was hired on the spot at my interview, but waited 2 weeks for them to call, as I informed them I would be leaving a couple weeks for Christmas. They never called. I called multiple times over the next week but received empty answers with no promise of the manager calling me back. I could not get a hold of them at all. They never called me back to let me work, and I had to move cities. They lost a potential employee from this. The hiring process and the management is extremely unorganized and the workers and managers are lazy. I knew a few people that worked there and they were all on drugs. They said a drug test was required, but I knew that was not true since the employees were all using drugs. I would not even consider working here even if they begged me to come back. The place was filthy and the workers were rude and indifferent.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate. I was 17 at the time, and they said I would receive 7.25 an hour and my friend, who also got the job that was with me would get 7.50 since he was an adult.

Assistant Manager III Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Braum's.

I met the Braum's recruiter at a job fair and she scheduled me for an interview. I interviewed with the area manager and district manager, both of which seemed to be unorganized and unfamiliar with how to conduct an interview. I was offered a position of Assistant Manager 3 (working 2 - 11 pm) for $11.25 per hour.

Low wage offer for the hours and type of job

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arkansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arkansas City, KS

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Braum's in August 2013.

When, I Looked into Joining Braums, the manager didn't actually have me do a interview, I showed he beforehand what kinda person I was. I dressed real nice, but the actually reason would be the fact that I had to jump through steps to get the job. It was a bunch of personal life things, but it showed her I really want the job. So Yea! You can get a job with out doing an Interview!

You're Hired!

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Braum's in March 2013.

I had three interviews, the first being with the general recruiter, second being with the distict manager, and the third being with the area manager. Very professional.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Braum's.

Single interview with a area manager and 2 district managers.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, all store managers receive same base salary, bonus varies on location.