Breakthrough Collaborative

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teacher Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative.

Interview Details – Very intense interview process. APPLY EARLY! I applied in December and nothing was finalized until late February.

Interview Question – They give you a list of scenarios and you have to decide which one matters the least to you. Very tricky and you feel like there is no best answer.   Answer Question

Teaching Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative.

Interview Details – I made it past the initial application round and had to create and film myself doing a sample lesson and a sample cheer. I did an in-person interview with pretty standard questions, but I got tripped up on one of them. It was a fairly simple process -- I think the most important thing in the initial round is to be thorough and clear.

Interview Question – If a student were performing during an assembly and began to do something inappropriate (racist, sexist, etc), how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Student Teacher Interview

Interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative

Interview Details – In-person interview. Very laid-back.

Reason for Declining – Compensation too little for such long work hours.

Teacher Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative in February 2011.

Interview Details – Application, phone interview with two directors and mentor teachers
Be yourself! Unless you're not energetic, then be energetic

Interview Question – If you had to sing a song in front of a group of children, what would you sing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Summer Teaching Job Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative in March 2011.

Interview Details – Just character questions and what not.

Interview Question – Who is someone you look up to?   Answer Question

Breakthrough Teacher Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative.

Interview Details – Apply early! I applied and sent in my application at least 2 months before the application date. Overall, the Austin staff made the whole experience (interview, training, teaching) enjoyable. If you're willing to give of your self and time, apply. It's a rewarding position and even if you don't want to teach, you'll learn a lot.

Interview Question – Not very difficult at all. Make a teaching presentation on a study habit   View Answer

Teacher Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative in April 2010.

Interview Details – There was an online application in which you submitted short essays explaining why you wanted to join the organization. Following the online application, I submitted a 7-min video of a lesson plan along with a short video of a cheer teaching an academic skill. Finally, I had a phone interview. To prepare for the interview I had to review scenarios that we discussed during the phone conversation. There were multiple steps but my summer with the Breakthrough Collaborative was unbelievable.

Interview Question – Describe a challenge you overcame.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Breakthrough Collaborative? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Breakthrough Collaborative interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Breakthrough Collaborative employees and interview candidates.