Breakwater Trading

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Breakwater Trading in September 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email early in the week asking to come in. Upon arriving, the receptionist and HR person did not even arrive for another 1 hour. After spending 5 minutes looking at my resume, the Trader I was interviewing with said I had not of the qualifications and knowledge for the position and I had wasted my time getting up early and coming in. Why couldn't he see my resume beforehand!!!

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Breakwater Trading in June 2008.

Interview Details – It was just a quick interview with one of the senior traders. Asked some basic questions about my education and investing experience, then my knowledge of markets and bonds specifically. I didn't have a ton of detailed knowledge but apparently that didn't really matter. Took an hour maybe and then met with someone from HR and that was it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in prop trading?   Answer Question

Trader

The process took a day - interviewed at Breakwater Trading in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very relaxed interview. Met with three senior traders, all were very nice and personable. Very straight forward questions, no "HR" trick questions. Great office, big operation, seemingly a great place for traders

Interview Question – Do you have new trade ideas to bring to the group?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Breakwater Trading? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Breakwater Trading Trader interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Breakwater Trading employees and interview candidates.