Brevan Howard

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brevan Howard

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brevan Howard.

I applied for this role through a recruiter. The job description was a tad vague and so I wasn't wholly sure what to expect.

I was told by the recruiter to do a fair amount of research on the company, but at no point in the interview was I asked 'Why Brevan Howard?' or

I had a face to face interview with two senior members of their team, and a third member from their Quant team also came in to ask some more technical questions.

Overall, I found the interviewers friendly, with a good sense of humour. The interview was not quite what I was expecting but I wouldn't say it was overly difficult. I lacked the technical skills for the role but for someone who had some experience of these I don't think they would have struggled.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to design a schema and then write a query (in SQL) that would allow you to pull back all the winners of the lottery, where a winner is defined as someone with 3 or more matching numbers (out of a total of 6).   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Brevan Howard.

Sent Cv to headhunter, he set up everything else. First round interview with technical questions. Simple maths questions or combinatorics.

Quantitative Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brevan Howard in February 2009.

there were 4 interviews with lots of quant questions. some of the guys were not particularly friendly which is probably a reflection of the type of person that works there - arrogant. still, it was a great salary on offer.

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brevan Howard in February 2009.

excel vba and database test: a bit surprised by high level (although i past the test): connection to db, array formulas, udf, add-ins. interviewed by colleague too ( not only by direct manager) - i thought a bit strange.