Brickman

Updated Dec 23, 2014
Updated Dec 23, 2014

2.6

Plant Health Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Brickman.

I had applied for the position during 2nd week of November. Had a phone interview with the Philadelphia recruiter for position outside Washington DC. Within a week I got a call from HR person from Virginia. A week after that I get a call from someone at branch where I had applied who said branch manager would get back to me after he returns from vacation, but he set up interview for me anyway. Day before interview, HR person contacted me to set up interview with branch manager, when I told her I had one set up. I went in for interview and branch manager was not really expecting me but we met for 45 minutes. After meeting with the manager he said one of his managers would be in touch in a couple of days. In a couple of days the HR person told me that the manager liked me and was going to send me an offer letter for the position. After accepting the offer letter, she told me what to do next which was to report for work at such and such a date. Whole process took about 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • For me, there was no question too difficult to answer. I did have to think for a moment on a couple of occasions.   Answer Question
    Told manager what I was getting paid at previous job and he seemed okay with the number I gave him

Operations Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brickman.

Recruited by local management, interviewed, offered was made, reviewed and accepted. Started work within two weeks of offer being accepted and have been working since. So far the glass ceiling has not been seen.

None

Branch Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brickman.

Took over a month from initial interview until hired. Had to jump through multiple interview hoops and take a skills test in Word/Excel. When finally hired, training sucked. Given one week of one-on-one training and then left to sink or swim. Systems in use are antiquated and need to be improved if the company expects to continue to grow.

no negotiation...take it or leave it

Crew Member Interview

put a resume on craigslist then came in for an interview the next day got the job started work a day after that. It was really easy to get hired I didnt really have most of the qualifications and I learned evrything else on the job

Interview Questions
    • ethical questions about catching close friendds stealing things from the shop   Answer Question

Crew Leader Interview

Submitted resume, got a call that i got the job. That simple.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brickman.

what would you do if you saw someone stealing?

take it or leave it

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brickman.

phone screen, interview, offer

Crew Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brickman.

Applied via website, phone interview a few days later. We covered my experience and expectations, the recruiter decided what available best fit my requirements (loosely) and their needs. I then interviewed with the head operations manager and the branch manger. Was hired immediately after as the position needed filed asap.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself within the company in 3 years? Shoot high   View Answer
    They asked what I needed, we ended up meeting in the middle. I got 34K a year or 16 an hour as an over qualified crew leader. Was only $485.00 a week after insurance and taxes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Brickman in May 2013.

Alot of Email communication. I went through 3 in person interviews with upper managment and fellow co-workers

Interview Questions
    • What is your goal for the future if hired by the Brickman Group   View Answer
    They new what I needed to take the position so there was no negotiation.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brickman in May 2012.

2 step interview process with the Branch Manager and Regional Manager. Final interview over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to handle conflict with employees within the branch?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it offer.