Brickman

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.6

Operations Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brickman.

Recruited by local management, interviewed, offered was made, reviewed and accepted. Started work within two weeks of offer being accepted and have been working since. So far the glass ceiling has not been seen.

None

Branch Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brickman.

Took over a month from initial interview until hired. Had to jump through multiple interview hoops and take a skills test in Word/Excel. When finally hired, training sucked. Given one week of one-on-one training and then left to sink or swim. Systems in use are antiquated and need to be improved if the company expects to continue to grow.

no negotiation...take it or leave it

Crew Member Interview

put a resume on craigslist then came in for an interview the next day got the job started work a day after that. It was really easy to get hired I didnt really have most of the qualifications and I learned evrything else on the job

Interview Questions
    • ethical questions about catching close friendds stealing things from the shop   Answer Question

Crew Leader Interview

Submitted resume, got a call that i got the job. That simple.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brickman.

what would you do if you saw someone stealing?

take it or leave it

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brickman.

phone screen, interview, offer

Crew Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brickman.

Applied via website, phone interview a few days later. We covered my experience and expectations, the recruiter decided what available best fit my requirements (loosely) and their needs. I then interviewed with the head operations manager and the branch manger. Was hired immediately after as the position needed filed asap.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself within the company in 3 years? Shoot high   View Answer
    They asked what I needed, we ended up meeting in the middle. I got 34K a year or 16 an hour as an over qualified crew leader. Was only $485.00 a week after insurance and taxes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Brickman in May 2013.

Alot of Email communication. I went through 3 in person interviews with upper managment and fellow co-workers

Interview Questions
    • What is your goal for the future if hired by the Brickman Group   View Answer
    They new what I needed to take the position so there was no negotiation.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brickman in May 2012.

2 step interview process with the Branch Manager and Regional Manager. Final interview over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to handle conflict with employees within the branch?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it offer.

Corporate Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brickman in August 2010.

Brickman has changed its hiring and interview process over the years. When I started, I did not go through a formal interview as employees do today. Now, they use behavior based interviewing and you have a screening with a recruiter, then an in-person with the recruiter, and then an interview with the hiring manager. Brickman is still all about people and they try their best to make it a relaxed, non-threatening experience.

Some jobs are flexible on the salary range, but I found it easier to negotiate for extras like more vacation time.