Bridge International Academies

Bridge International Academies Interview Questions in Kenya

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.5

Development Director/Expansion Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bridge International Academies (Nairobi (Kenya)) in November 2013.

Interview

First HR Telephone screen (Nov 2013) focused on walking through my work experience, this was followed immediately by a situational case study that was specific for the role. I was immediately asked for 4 work references, which Bridge made it sound like they wanted to contact immediately.

After waiting for 3 months without any updates, I had a second call (Jan 2014) with the CSO. The interview lasted 1.5 hours, was very unstructured, and I felt interviewer did not really care about what I wanted but tried to pigeon hole me into a specific role based on my experience and background. At the end of the call CSO noted she wanted another data point and asked me to complete another case study. She was very interested in recruiting me, and I was told that we would talk 24 hours after turning around the case study

2 weeks went by and I never heard from Bridge. They have also never called my references.In the end I withdrew from the interview process and choose to work elsewhere.

From what I can deduce from my experience, I believe Bridge has very weak internal structures, partially because the husband/wife CEO/CSO team makes all the decisions. This leads to bottlenecking of key staffing decisions and probably all internal strategy and ops decisions.

Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bridge International Academies (Nairobi (Kenya)) in July 2013.

Interview

The interviews were related to the job, I was interviewed by the VP of Marketing and the business owner as well. I was notified of my success rate quite soon after the interviews and began quite soon thereafter. The interview was challenging but pleasant.

Interview Questions

• They asked several skill set led questions around the role   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bridge International Academies (Nairobi (Kenya)) in January 2011.

Interview

there is a homework style test where you attempt a problem and send it for review.This is followed by a telephone screening interview that picks up on the homework problem. This is then followed up by a face-to-face interview.

Physical Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bridge International Academies (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2010.

Interview

Job advertised on jobvite website
    Applicants create a profile in jobvite and upload their C.V and cover letter
    Successful applicants receive invitation for interview via email/jobvite profile
    The interview is carried out in a very friendly (mine was sort of informal) atmosphere
    The interview is mostly practical i.e. addresses how the applicant expects to offer to Bridge in their capacity (Familiarize yourself with the working of the company and how you may be relevant)
    Successful candidates receive feedback within 2-24Hrs in form of offer letter which they are to fill and return stating the date of reporting.

Interview Questions

• These are questions pertaining to the challenges Bridge faced I could not resolve e.g. 'What would you do as a Planner when you submit a planning brief for a site that has already been developed for approval and the District Physical Planner demands to visit the site before recommending to the relevant local authority?'   1 Answer