Bridgepoint Education

Updated Apr 9, 2014
Updated Apr 9, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in June 2011.

I was contacted by a third party who found my resume on Monster, and then I was contacted by Bridgepoint through email to complete an application and make an appointment for an interview, but after reading about the company I was unsure about responding. I answered my phone from a number that I did not recognize, and it was bridgepoint so I decided to go with it. They talked to me on the phone for several minutes about the position and I explained that I am happy to speak to people encouraging them to seek higher education, however there is a fine line between encouragement and being pushy. She scheduled an interview for me the following business day. Upon arriving at the building there is a special elevator that the security guard must help you access that takes you to the recruiting floor. I was about 20 minutes early so I sat in the lounge until my interviewer called me at exactly my appointment time. He was very friendly and seemed laid-back, but was very specific about his questions. He asked about strengths/weaknesses, what you did and did not like about your last job and about why I left my last job. He asked about how you deal with frustrating situations in the workplace. He thanked me for my time and said that I would be receiving an email within 48 hours to let me know if I did or did not receive the position.

Interview Questions
  • What did you like about your previous job? And what did you dislike?   View Answer
  • What would your previous boss say are your Strengths and Weaknesses?   View Answer
  • What do you think about an online school opposed to a traditional school?   View Answer
  • Do you have personal experience with going to school online?   View Answer

He explained that on average we make 150-250 phone calls a day. In an 8 hour work day that leaves 2.4 minutes on average for each call. That barely leaves time for someone to use the restroom. Also, the building blocks all cell phone reception, facebook (which is understandable), and all personal email accounts such as yahoo and gmail. I understand that they do not want us screwing around on the job (not like there would even be time for that) but all of my family contacts me through cell or email for emergencies and I don't think that a workplace should have to block such things to have faith in their employees.
I also did not accept the position because of the on average 200 phone calls a day to prospective students, most people only enroll 4 (yes four) students per week. That just seems like our work is nearly meaningless, not to mention mundane.
He also explained that many students we contact have requested information for online schools, and that information is given not only to bridgepoint but also to every other online school, meaning the prospective students receive many phone calls a day (and we are expected to call them 2 to 3 times a day each). He said there is no shortage of foul language, anger, and frustration from the prospective students who are receive endless calls... not to mention we have to compete with these students and persuade them to go to Bridgepoint (Ashford university) instead of other schools like U of Phoenix.

Other Interview Reviews for Bridgepoint Education

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in June 2010.

The hiring process was pleasant and professional. I interviewed with a phone screen interview and then one in person interview at the Corporate office in Poway. I was offered the job at the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a student told you they want to apply but they need to talk to their husband first.   View Answer
    The hiring range was $38,000-$43,000 if I recall. I was offered $38,000 and I countered with $42,000 based on my previous sales experience, the interviewer went to get it approved with her supervisor and came back and offered me the job within 15 minutes. I am not sure if all interviewees are offered the job at the 1:1 interview, but I did ask for the job, as I feel that you should ALWAYS do if you do in fact want the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in March 2010.

begin with a phone interview with HR. Discuss your past experiences and how you can apply them to the position of Enrollment Advisor. Once you pass the phone interview, next you will be scheduled for a face interview with a hiring manager. Be prepared to discuss the position in its entirety and have a working knowledge of Bridgepoint Education, as you will be asked specific questions about the company and how you can contribute to the success of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Discribe a time in the past, when you did not agree with an employers policy? and how did you react to it.   Answer Question
    none existing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2009.

The initial phone interview is somewhat informal in regards to your answers. The recruiter is really gauging your phone demeanor. The 1 on 1 interview is very formal and structured. The questions are standard situational analysis format. They are looking for very specific examples. Cite the problem and what you did to resolve it and then the outcome.

All though I was not offered the position, based on the interview I would not have accepted an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to convince your boss to see things your way.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of about your proudest moment.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in December 2010.

Interview questions and phone call role-playing

n/a

Enrollment Advisor Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in November 2009.

Received a phone call with initial questions, followed by a 2 on 1 interview. After that there was the emailed personality test, and finally the offer letter

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you perfered best at a job or task   View Answer

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in November 2009.

The woman read the questions from a sheet of paper and wrote down all my responses. She spent more time writing than actually looking at me. She was professional but without any personality. She could have been a terminator.

I stumbled on some of the questions, as I was trying to figure out what she was writing and was distracted by her behavior.

She wanted lots of detail. "Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you resolve it?"

I had studied questions and thought I was prepared but I apparently did not give her what she wanted.

It was the worst!

Enrollment Advisor Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in April 2009.

I was called for a phone interview then had a face to face interview with two enrollment managers. After that i was offered the position.

There really was no negotiations just what I previously earned and what they were willing to pay.

Worked for Bridgepoint Education? Contribute to the Community!