Bridgepoint Education

Bridgepoint Education Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2009.

The initial phone interview is somewhat informal in regards to your answers. The recruiter is really gauging your phone demeanor. The 1 on 1 interview is very formal and structured. The questions are standard situational analysis format. They are looking for very specific examples. Cite the problem and what you did to resolve it and then the outcome.

All though I was not offered the position, based on the interview I would not have accepted an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to convince your boss to see things your way.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of about your proudest moment.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in November 2009.

The woman read the questions from a sheet of paper and wrote down all my responses. She spent more time writing than actually looking at me. She was professional but without any personality. She could have been a terminator.

I stumbled on some of the questions, as I was trying to figure out what she was writing and was distracted by her behavior.

She wanted lots of detail. "Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you resolve it?"

I had studied questions and thought I was prepared but I apparently did not give her what she wanted.

It was the worst!

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in October 2012.

Pretty standard process for applying for the job. Found the listing for the job online and sent them a resume. Next step was a phone interview. After that I went in for an interview in person. The interview was with three people and was pretty standard except for the questions from one of the interviewers. Upon reflecting on it afterwords, I think he was trying to gauge my problem solving abilities. The first odd question was how I could get my resume on one page without changing the font size. Well I have always thought that the best resume was one page, but I can't seem to make mine fit anymore. After talking about adding columns etc, his idea was to use the back of the page. To me that is not solving the problem, but just saving a piece of paper. It is still technically two pages, but just one sheet of paper. Anyway the next one was even better. He said, "Simple question, how many pay phones are in New York?". No mention at all about how would you find out this information or anything, just how many. Keep in mind this position was for a $10/hr intern. I was so taken aback I simply said I don't know. I think he was looking for me to tell him how I would go about finding out this information, but to me that is a really stupid way to test problem solving. Needless to say I didn't get the job.......thank goodness.

Interview Questions
    • How many pay phones are there in New York City?   View Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in April 2009.

I was called for a phone interview then had a face to face interview with two enrollment managers. After that i was offered the position.

There really was no negotiations just what I previously earned and what they were willing to pay.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2008.

The first interview was done over the phone and consisted of me talking to a developer and a manager, and going over some basic development quetsions. The second interview was via webcam because I was out of state, and was more of the same. The final interview was in-person, at the office, and they actually flew me in to do it.

Interview Questions
    Easy, they asked how much I wanted, I gave them a number, and they accepted. I should've gone higher...

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

The recruiter called me for quick phone screening and then two days later they called me to come in for in person interview. I was interviewed by two people, it lasted about 45 minutes. The next day they called me again to come in for the second interview to meet with their executives the interview lasted for about an hour and half.

Interview Questions
    Still waiting for an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in June 2010.

The hiring process was pleasant and professional. I interviewed with a phone screen interview and then one in person interview at the Corporate office in Poway. I was offered the job at the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a student told you they want to apply but they need to talk to their husband first.   View Answer
    The hiring range was $38,000-$43,000 if I recall. I was offered $38,000 and I countered with $42,000 based on my previous sales experience, the interviewer went to get it approved with her supervisor and came back and offered me the job within 15 minutes. I am not sure if all interviewees are offered the job at the 1:1 interview, but I did ask for the job, as I feel that you should ALWAYS do if you do in fact want the job.

Systems Engineer III Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Initial contact was a Phone screen. I then had an in person interview which lasted about two and a half hours.There were two individual interviews, one by the director of product delivery and one by the products supervisor. Each were about an hour. I had a skills test after that and then was presented an offer.

Interview Questions
    not flexible on benefits and PTO. Ask for more money. Trying to get reasonable increases as an employee is difficult, if not impossible.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in January 2011.

They were launching a site for their subsidiary, Ashford University, in Denver, CO. When I came to the facility for my interview I had step over cables and construction when I arrived. There was no signage so it took a while to find the office. When I did find the office I had to walk down hallways to find the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bridgepoint Education? Contribute to the Community!