Bridgepoint Education Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in April 2009.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview then had a face to face interview with two enrollment managers. After that i was offered the position.

Negotiation

There really was no negotiations just what I previously earned and what they were willing to pay.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

The first interview was done over the phone and consisted of me talking to a developer and a manager, and going over some basic development quetsions. The second interview was via webcam because I was out of state, and was more of the same. The final interview was in-person, at the office, and they actually flew me in to do it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, they asked how much I wanted, I gave them a number, and they accepted. I should've gone higher...

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

The initial phone interview is somewhat informal in regards to your answers. The recruiter is really gauging your phone demeanor. The 1 on 1 interview is very formal and structured. The questions are standard situational analysis format. They are looking for very specific examples. Cite the problem and what you did to resolve it and then the outcome. All though I was not offered the position, based on the interview I would not have accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to convince your boss to see things your way.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of about your proudest moment.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in November 2009.

Interview

The woman read the questions from a sheet of paper and wrote down all my responses. She spent more time writing than actually looking at me. She was professional but without any personality. She could have been a terminator. I stumbled on some of the questions, as I was trying to figure out what she was writing and was distracted by her behavior. She wanted lots of detail. "Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you resolve it?" I had studied questions and thought I was prepared but I apparently did not give her what she wanted. It was the worst!

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard process for applying for the job. Found the listing for the job online and sent them a resume. Next step was a phone interview. After that I went in for an interview in person. The interview was with three people and was pretty standard except for the questions from one of the interviewers. Upon reflecting on it afterwords, I think he was trying to gauge my problem solving abilities. The first odd question was how I could get my resume on one page without changing the font size. Well I have always thought that the best resume was one page, but I can't seem to make mine fit anymore. After talking about adding columns etc, his idea was to use the back of the page. To me that is not solving the problem, but just saving a piece of paper. It is still technically two pages, but just one sheet of paper. Anyway the next one was even better. He said, "Simple question, how many pay phones are in New York?". No mention at all about how would you find out this information or anything, just how many. Keep in mind this position was for a $10/hr intern. I was so taken aback I simply said I don't know. I think he was looking for me to tell him how I would go about finding out this information, but to me that is a really stupid way to test problem solving. Needless to say I didn't get the job.......thank goodness.

Interview Questions

• How many pay phones are there in New York City?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

User Interface Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Application Submitted on Website. 2 weeks later, company Recruiter contacted me to "get to know me". Company recruiter recommended me for Phone Interview with Engineer. Engineer recommended me for In Person Interview. Company recruiter set everything up and answered all questions In Person interview with 4 members of the team. (Development Manager, Engineer, etc) Followup with Company Recruiter. 2nd Interview with more members of team Job Offer Letter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the next day wanting to schedule a phone interview. Completed first and second phone interview within two days. I had done research on the company and realized that the reviews on working there weren't the best and also that the stock price had dropped pretty significantly. I asked the recruiter about this and she said that the company was restructuring. While i understand that, it seemed a little fishy. The position turned out to be a lot more cold-call sales than I was interested in and I'm pretty sure that's the reason they didn't want to move forward with me.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in November 2009.

Interview

Received a phone call with initial questions, followed by a 2 on 1 interview. After that there was the emailed personality test, and finally the offer letter

Interview Questions

• Describe how you perfered best at a job or task   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

begin with a phone interview with HR. Discuss your past experiences and how you can apply them to the position of Enrollment Advisor. Once you pass the phone interview, next you will be scheduled for a face interview with a hiring manager. Be prepared to discuss the position in its entirety and have a working knowledge of Bridgepoint Education, as you will be asked specific questions about the company and how you can contribute to the success of the company.

Interview Questions

• Discribe a time in the past, when you did not agree with an employers policy? and how did you react to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none existing