Bridgepoint Education Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Talent Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Let me start by saying that this was the most unprofessional experience I have had. The first red flag (besides the poor reviews of the HR and recruiting department on here) was when the recruiter called me while I was driving and asked me if I had a few minutes. I said I was driving and would be home in 15 min to call her back. She disregarded that and just continued on with asking me several questions for about 5 minutes even though I said it was not a good time. At the end of it, she set up the actual phone interview for the following day. The day after that, I was in the office for an interview. This was the only plus. The office was great and I really enjoyed the two hiring managers I met with. However, I was told by the recruiter I was interviewing with one hiring manager so I had no idea who the other was - another strike for the recruiter.

Interview Questions

I received a request to fill out a reference check form within a few hours of my interview and was told to reach out to all of my references so they can expect the call, which I did. By end of day, the recruiter called me with an offer because "the hiring managers were so impressed with the interview."

And then things went downhill really quick. She gave me the terms of the offer and I asked if it were possible to negotiate for a small amount more. ( I was already taking a big salary cut.) She said she would get back to me. For the next week I got no response to any of my emails or calls. Finally, three days before my expected start date, she calls me and says that they could not match my request and they had "taken my request into consideration and offered the role to someone else."

Moral of the story, don't expect professionalism and salary negotiations are a deal breaker.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview

Used a temporary placement agency

Interview Questions

• There was nothing really out of the ordinary in their hiring process.   Answer Question

Too low of salary

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2010.

Interview

Easy,I had a 1:1 interview with a manager and then a group interview with two managers. Interview's were the same day. Very relaxed. Received a call back the following day. Started the following Monday.

The hiring process has changed since then. There is more red tape, candidates will be filtered through their talent acquisition team and interviewed by both these reps and a manager or two of the hiring department. Could be up to 2/3 interviews max. Also included background checks- strict on college background specifically. If you say you graduated and never did, HR will catch it and release you immediately. Be honest, if you are a few credits short from graduation, be upfront about it.

Interview Questions

• How would you guide someone academically if they are not interested in education?   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education in December 2010.

Interview

Interview questions and phone call role-playing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

A/R Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied for an A/R Coordinator position at Bridgepoint through their website. I received a call from a recruiter' in HR wanting to schedule a phone interview for the following day at 11:30am. She never showed for the phone interview! 4 hours later I receive a call from the staffing manager who knew I was in contact w/ her colleage and that she wanted to schedule a formal phone interview w/ me. The interview (for the 2nd time) is scheduled for 9:30 the next morning. The next morning, 9:30 rolls by, no call. So Annoying! 20 minutes later she calls apologizing and asking if we can still have the interview that day. I ask if we can do it now, she says she can't but could in 30min. Finally, we do the phone interview, again she was 10min late.

The phone interview went great and she invited me for an in person interview with the Hiring Manager. She said she would email me more information on where exactly to go, where to park, who i'll be meeting with, etc... THEN I NEVER GET THE EMAIL!

I call the next day, leave her a voicemail w/ my email & phone letting her know I never received the email. Never heard from her again... They scheduled my in person interview and then left me hanging. LAME!

How unprofessional can you be? Even if you found someone else, you could at least call me to cancel. Even if i did end up getting a job offer, I definitely would think twice before accepting. Flakes.

And to think, I was thinking of going to Ashford University to get an MBA.

DEFINITELY AN UNPROFESSIONAL HR DEPARTMENT.

Interview Questions

• In your previous employment, was there ever a time you'd say you went above and beyone what was expected?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a third party who found my resume on Monster, and then I was contacted by Bridgepoint through email to complete an application and make an appointment for an interview, but after reading about the company I was unsure about responding. I answered my phone from a number that I did not recognize, and it was bridgepoint so I decided to go with it. They talked to me on the phone for several minutes about the position and I explained that I am happy to speak to people encouraging them to seek higher education, however there is a fine line between encouragement and being pushy. She scheduled an interview for me the following business day. Upon arriving at the building there is a special elevator that the security guard must help you access that takes you to the recruiting floor. I was about 20 minutes early so I sat in the lounge until my interviewer called me at exactly my appointment time. He was very friendly and seemed laid-back, but was very specific about his questions. He asked about strengths/weaknesses, what you did and did not like about your last job and about why I left my last job. He asked about how you deal with frustrating situations in the workplace. He thanked me for my time and said that I would be receiving an email within 48 hours to let me know if I did or did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your previous job? And what did you dislike?   1 Answer
    • What would your previous boss say are your Strengths and Weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about an online school opposed to a traditional school?   1 Answer
    • Do you have personal experience with going to school online?   1 Answer

He explained that on average we make 150-250 phone calls a day. In an 8 hour work day that leaves 2.4 minutes on average for each call. That barely leaves time for someone to use the restroom. Also, the building blocks all cell phone reception, facebook (which is understandable), and all personal email accounts such as yahoo and gmail. I understand that they do not want us screwing around on the job (not like there would even be time for that) but all of my family contacts me through cell or email for emergencies and I don't think that a workplace should have to block such things to have faith in their employees.
    I also did not accept the position because of the on average 200 phone calls a day to prospective students, most people only enroll 4 (yes four) students per week. That just seems like our work is nearly meaningless, not to mention mundane.
    He also explained that many students we contact have requested information for online schools, and that information is given not only to bridgepoint but also to every other online school, meaning the prospective students receive many phone calls a day (and we are expected to call them 2 to 3 times a day each). He said there is no shortage of foul language, anger, and frustration from the prospective students who are receive endless calls... not to mention we have to compete with these students and persuade them to go to Bridgepoint (Ashford university) instead of other schools like U of Phoenix.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview a few days later. The process was pretty easy. Emphasis on previous sales experience and what I thought about higher education. Was offered a job at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Although formal, this was not a difficult interview and the HR professionals had me feeling comfortable from the onset of the interview process. My friend who worked for Ashford University referred me, but I believe this only expedited what would be the same process for all… The first step is a phone call interview from the recruiter set up at a time of your choosing. This is a light call and lasts about 10 minutes. He or she will just want to know how you heard of Bridgepoint/Ashford, which position you are applying for, touch on your experience and this should set you up for an onsite interview with an HR Talent Acquisition professional in a position to hire you after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable on the phone/making a lot of phone calls?   1 Answer

Ap Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was selected to interview by Vaco Recruiting manager Cassie Stroben. She interviewed me first and explained the job description. I was then interviewed by a member of Human Resources at Bridgepoint Education and by the Accounting Manager. I received a call from Cassie Stroben at Vaco with a start date for the temporary position.

Interview Questions

• Explain my experience with Concur.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the next day wanting to schedule a phone interview. Completed first and second phone interview within two days. I had done research on the company and realized that the reviews on working there weren't the best and also that the stock price had dropped pretty significantly. I asked the recruiter about this and she said that the company was restructuring. While i understand that, it seemed a little fishy. The position turned out to be a lot more cold-call sales than I was interested in and I'm pretty sure that's the reason they didn't want to move forward with me.