Bridgepoint Education

21 candidate interviews

Talent Development Interview

Talent Development
San Diego, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview Details – Let me start by saying that this was the most unprofessional experience I have had. The first red flag (besides the poor reviews of the HR and recruiting department on here) was when the recruiter called me while I was driving and asked me if I had a few minutes. I said I was driving and would be home in 15 min to call her back. She disregarded that and just continued on with asking me several questions for about 5 minutes even though I said it was not a good time. At the end of it, she set up the actual phone interview for the following day. The day after that, I was in the office for an interview. This was the only plus. The office was great and I really enjoyed the two hiring managers I met with. However, I was told by the recruiter I was interviewing with one hiring manager so I had no idea who the other was - another strike for the recruiter.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a request to fill out a reference check form within a few hours of my interview and was told to reach out to all of my references so they can expect the call, which I did. By end of day, the recruiter called me with an offer because "the hiring managers were so impressed with the interview."

And then things went downhill really quick. She gave me the terms of the offer and I asked if it were possible to negotiate for a small amount more. ( I was already taking a big salary cut.) She said she would get back to me. For the next week I got no response to any of my emails or calls. Finally, three days before my expected start date, she calls me and says that they could not match my request and they had "taken my request into consideration and offered the role to someone else."

Moral of the story, don't expect professionalism and salary negotiations are a deal breaker.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview Details – Used a temporary placement agency

Interview Question – There was nothing really out of the ordinary in their hiring process.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low of salary

Very Easy Interview

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview questions and phone call role-playing

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

A/R Coordinator Interview

A/R Coordinator
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for an A/R Coordinator position at Bridgepoint through their website. I received a call from a recruiter' in HR wanting to schedule a phone interview for the following day at 11:30am. She never showed for the phone interview! 4 hours later I receive a call from the staffing manager who knew I was in contact w/ her colleage and that she wanted to schedule a formal phone interview w/ me. The interview (for the 2nd time) is scheduled for 9:30 the next morning. The next morning, 9:30 rolls by, no call. So Annoying! 20 minutes later she calls apologizing and asking if we can still have the interview that day. I ask if we can do it now, she says she can't but could in 30min. Finally, we do the phone interview, again she was 10min late.

The phone interview went great and she invited me for an in person interview with the Hiring Manager. She said she would email me more information on where exactly to go, where to park, who i'll be meeting with, etc... THEN I NEVER GET THE EMAIL!

I call the next day, leave her a voicemail w/ my email & phone letting her know I never received the email. Never heard from her again... They scheduled my in person interview and then left me hanging. LAME!

How unprofessional can you be? Even if you found someone else, you could at least call me to cancel. Even if i did end up getting a job offer, I definitely would think twice before accepting. Flakes.

And to think, I was thinking of going to Ashford University to get an MBA.

DEFINITELY AN UNPROFESSIONAL HR DEPARTMENT.

Interview Question – In your previous employment, was there ever a time you'd say you went above and beyone what was expected?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a third party who found my resume on Monster, and then I was contacted by Bridgepoint through email to complete an application and make an appointment for an interview, but after reading about the company I was unsure about responding. I answered my phone from a number that I did not recognize, and it was bridgepoint so I decided to go with it. They talked to me on the phone for several minutes about the position and I explained that I am happy to speak to people encouraging them to seek higher education, however there is a fine line between encouragement and being pushy. She scheduled an interview for me the following business day. Upon arriving at the building there is a special elevator that the security guard must help you access that takes you to the recruiting floor. I was about 20 minutes early so I sat in the lounge until my interviewer called me at exactly my appointment time. He was very friendly and seemed laid-back, but was very specific about his questions. He asked about strengths/weaknesses, what you did and did not like about your last job and about why I left my last job. He asked about how you deal with frustrating situations in the workplace. He thanked me for my time and said that I would be receiving an email within 48 hours to let me know if I did or did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your previous job? And what did you dislike?   View Answer
  • What would your previous boss say are your Strengths and Weaknesses?   View Answer
  • What do you think about an online school opposed to a traditional school?   View Answer
  • Do you have personal experience with going to school online?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – He explained that on average we make 150-250 phone calls a day. In an 8 hour work day that leaves 2.4 minutes on average for each call. That barely leaves time for someone to use the restroom. Also, the building blocks all cell phone reception, facebook (which is understandable), and all personal email accounts such as yahoo and gmail. I understand that they do not want us screwing around on the job (not like there would even be time for that) but all of my family contacts me through cell or email for emergencies and I don't think that a workplace should have to block such things to have faith in their employees.
I also did not accept the position because of the on average 200 phone calls a day to prospective students, most people only enroll 4 (yes four) students per week. That just seems like our work is nearly meaningless, not to mention mundane.
He also explained that many students we contact have requested information for online schools, and that information is given not only to bridgepoint but also to every other online school, meaning the prospective students receive many phone calls a day (and we are expected to call them 2 to 3 times a day each). He said there is no shortage of foul language, anger, and frustration from the prospective students who are receive endless calls... not to mention we have to compete with these students and persuade them to go to Bridgepoint (Ashford university) instead of other schools like U of Phoenix.

Enrollment Advisor

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in November 2009.

Interview Details – Received a phone call with initial questions, followed by a 2 on 1 interview. After that there was the emailed personality test, and finally the offer letter

Interview Question – Describe how you perfered best at a job or task   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in March 2010.

Interview Details – begin with a phone interview with HR. Discuss your past experiences and how you can apply them to the position of Enrollment Advisor. Once you pass the phone interview, next you will be scheduled for a face interview with a hiring manager. Be prepared to discuss the position in its entirety and have a working knowledge of Bridgepoint Education, as you will be asked specific questions about the company and how you can contribute to the success of the company.

Interview Question – Discribe a time in the past, when you did not agree with an employers policy? and how did you react to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none existing

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in April 2009.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview that tested basic computer science knowledge. For example, they asked questions about pointers and OO.

After the phone interview was invited for an in person interview, which consisted of two panel interviews about an hour long each. Was asked basic HTML and SQL questions. Ex) Show a list of books under each author in multiple columns, including authors with no books. Also asked behavioral/personality questions, such as: How would you deal with a co-worker who disagrees with your solution?

People were nice and relaxed. Seemed to place more emphasis with overall fit within the team then some other companies.

Interview Question – What is an iterator?   Answer Question

User Interface Designer Interview

User Interface Designer
San Diego, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in October 2011.

Interview Details – Application Submitted on Website.
2 weeks later, company Recruiter contacted me to "get to know me".
Company recruiter recommended me for Phone Interview with Engineer.
Engineer recommended me for In Person Interview.
Company recruiter set everything up and answered all questions
In Person interview with 4 members of the team. (Development Manager, Engineer, etc)
Followup with Company Recruiter.
2nd Interview with more members of team
Job Offer Letter.

Interview Question – Describe your user centered design process.   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Admissions Counselor
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in December 2011.

Interview Details – General interview questions relating to call center task and sales attitude.

Interview Question – How competitive are you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not great. I got the impression that I wouldn't get an interview if I didn't prematurely agree to a salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bridgepoint Education

Worked for Bridgepoint Education? Contribute to the Community!