Bridgepoint Education Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Ap Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was selected to interview by Vaco Recruiting manager Cassie Stroben. She interviewed me first and explained the job description. I was then interviewed by a member of Human Resources at Bridgepoint Education and by the Accounting Manager. I received a call from Cassie Stroben at Vaco with a start date for the temporary position.

Interview Questions

• Explain my experience with Concur.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Although formal, this was not a difficult interview and the HR professionals had me feeling comfortable from the onset of the interview process. My friend who worked for Ashford University referred me, but I believe this only expedited what would be the same process for all… The first step is a phone call interview from the recruiter set up at a time of your choosing. This is a light call and lasts about 10 minutes. He or she will just want to know how you heard of Bridgepoint/Ashford, which position you are applying for, touch on your experience and this should set you up for an onsite interview with an HR Talent Acquisition professional in a position to hire you after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable on the phone/making a lot of phone calls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview a few days later. The process was pretty easy. Emphasis on previous sales experience and what I thought about higher education. Was offered a job at the end of the interview.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The process was disorganized. Some interviewers were prepared, some were not. However, I bypassed much of their usual process, so my particular experience may not be typical. I'd be prepared and enthusiastic if I were going in for an interview, but would still not expect anything too unconventional. Understand the ups and downs of for profit education and know what you're getting into.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that was out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the next day wanting to schedule a phone interview. Completed first and second phone interview within two days. I had done research on the company and realized that the reviews on working there weren't the best and also that the stock price had dropped pretty significantly. I asked the recruiter about this and she said that the company was restructuring. While i understand that, it seemed a little fishy. The position turned out to be a lot more cold-call sales than I was interested in and I'm pretty sure that's the reason they didn't want to move forward with me.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2010.

Interview

Easy,I had a 1:1 interview with a manager and then a group interview with two managers. Interview's were the same day. Very relaxed. Received a call back the following day. Started the following Monday. The hiring process has changed since then. There is more red tape, candidates will be filtered through their talent acquisition team and interviewed by both these reps and a manager or two of the hiring department. Could be up to 2/3 interviews max. Also included background checks- strict on college background specifically. If you say you graduated and never did, HR will catch it and release you immediately. Be honest, if you are a few credits short from graduation, be upfront about it.

Interview Questions

• How would you guide someone academically if they are not interested in education?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education in January 2011.

Interview

They were launching a site for their subsidiary, Ashford University, in Denver, CO. When I came to the facility for my interview I had step over cables and construction when I arrived. There was no signage so it took a while to find the office. When I did find the office I had to walk down hallways to find the hiring managers.

Systems Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview

Initial contact was a Phone screen. I then had an in person interview which lasted about two and a half hours.There were two individual interviews, one by the director of product delivery and one by the products supervisor. Each were about an hour. I had a skills test after that and then was presented an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not flexible on benefits and PTO. Ask for more money. Trying to get reasonable increases as an employee is difficult, if not impossible.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview

Used a temporary placement agency

Interview Questions

• There was nothing really out of the ordinary in their hiring process.   Answer Question

Too low of salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was pleasant and professional. I interviewed with a phone screen interview and then one in person interview at the Corporate office in Poway. I was offered the job at the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student told you they want to apply but they need to talk to their husband first.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The hiring range was $38,000-$43,000 if I recall. I was offered $38,000 and I countered with $42,000 based on my previous sales experience, the interviewer went to get it approved with her supervisor and came back and offered me the job within 15 minutes. I am not sure if all interviewees are offered the job at the 1:1 interview, but I did ask for the job, as I feel that you should ALWAYS do if you do in fact want the job.