Bridges Academy

1 candidate interview
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Bridges Academy in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had a screening-stye interview with the head of school at a job fair for THREE positions at once. There was an extra woman there who never really introduced herself or got introduced (after a week of internet digging, I finally figured out who she is, though she's nowhere on the website/staff rosters--1st red flag). Told me I could contact him in a week or two to follow up, but then avoided all follow up communications, phone and email. I don't know what the work environment is like, but how they treat you in the interview is how they'll treat you on the job. The school has a revolving door with administrators (2nd red flag); the pay is tens of thousands less than equivalent positions at other schools (3rd red flag); the administration is way too big for such a small school (4th red flag); and if you poke through the tax returns on guidestar plus their annual reports, you'll see that the head of school earned a $26k raise the year he made a magnanimous $25k contribution to the capital campaign (5th red flag). A few weeks out from the interview, I don't have any desire to work there.

Interview Question – The head of school asks questions that are broad but that feel distinctly as if there is an expected answer. He has difficulty keeping his attention on you, even though it's a fairly short, screening type interview. Got the sense that he's an impossible-to-please boss.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bridges Academy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bridges Academy interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Bridges Academy employees and interview candidates.