Bridgestone Americas

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

3.2

Safety Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bridgestone Americas.

Took a few weeks, had a phone screening, then a group phone interview, then an in person panel interview. It was an overall great experience. The panel was a little intimidating at first, but they really make you feel comfortable. The questions were very technical, but nothing a safety professional shouldn't know.

Interview Questions
    • Do you believe safety and quality go hand-in-hand, if so how?   Answer Question
    • How would you think to change the training process to make it more efficient?   Answer Question

SAP Basis Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Bridgestone Americas.

Structured process, managers from related departments interviewed me separately, lunch with those I would manage was included in the day. Interviewers had a form they filled in, they did not all ask the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • Company is very HR aware of appropriate questions so in formal interviews there was nothing a typically well prepared candidate should find overly challenging. At lunch one of the prospective subordinates expressed a strong opinion about a shared hobby that I did not at all agree with.   View Answer

Salary was OK but not a big improvement. Despite requiring 15 years experience for post company would not budge on starting vacation. They expected me to go from my current 5 weeks to 2 weeks not to be increased to 3 week for 5 years. I foresaw issues with acquiring and maintaining good reports as well as my own dissatisfaction with this situation.

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bridgestone Americas in October 2014.

I talked to them at Virginia Tech's career fair and had an on-campus interview the next day. They asked typical interview questions (what's your best strength, weakness, etc.) but I was able to answer all questions pretty easily. I thought the people at the career fair were really nice and easy to talk to.
    I got a call the next week from HR to schedule an on-site interview and then went to Akron about a month later. The on-site interview was far tougher than the on-campus one because I had a much harder time communicating with the three people interviewing me.
    I was interviewed by one engineer and two managers. They didn't ask the technical questions I thought I would get, and instead asked more interview-type questions (see below). I really had a hard time talking with the managers and overall, these three guys were the least friendly of everyone I talked to at Bridgestone or on campus.
    After about an hour of interviewing, I had a tour of the facilities (which was really cool) and lunch with a recent grad of VT. Everything and everyone was really nice from the experience except for the interview. I'm sure the guys that interviewed me are nice enough but the managers didn't seem like people I'd want to work for. The guy who gave me my tour and took me out to lunch did say he enjoyed his work and liked his boss though. All in all, Bridgestone seems like a better place to work than the reviews here might suggest, but I could see how there might be some issues that you wouldn't see until you're in the company.

Interview Questions
    • As mentioned, I was interviewed by two managers and one engineer. Most of my questions were not very technical and there were two I remember that I struggled with: "Tell me about a time when you failed" and "how do you keep a schedule?" They weren't asked exactly like this and I was asked to use examples from specific work and school experiences which I didn't really have. It seemed like they were not really interested how good of an engineer or how smart I was. They wanted to know specifically how I did things which makes me wonder how much freedom I would have to get my job done the way I want to.   Answer Question

Machine Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bridgestone Americas.

2 panel interview with about 3 people each. Basic situational questions. They give you time to think about questions and they seem pretty interested in what you have to say

Machine Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Bridgestone Americas in September 2014.

Applied January 7th, 2014. Got and email saying they could not offer me a position then a corrected email the next day saying due to the high volume of applicants it will be a long process. the end of August 2014 I received a phone call asking was I still interested and was set up for the first test. The first test pretty much tells how well you multitask and asks questions that you have to agree or disagree with. I thought I failed but when I went to check out the lady told me I passed so she set up my interview that day and a week later I had my interview. the interview consists of a 3 judge panel in the first room and another 3 judge panel in the second room. It was a very nerve wrecking experience. I was told I would get an email the next day regardless if I passed the interview part or not but never received it. A week later I got a phone call saying I passed and now I am waiting for the Physical Demands appointments. The first appointment is a physical, pulmonary test, chest x rays and hair follicle drug test. The next appointment I will have to be hooked to a heart monitor and walk on a treadmill for 20-30 mins and be able to maintain a healthy heart rate and also do a series of tasks and be able to lift up to 75 pounds.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where someone was breaking safety code and how did you handle it? Who was it and what happened?   Answer Question
    I accepted but I just have to complete the last round of testing successfully.

Anonymous Employee in Graniteville, SC

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bridgestone Americas in September 2014.

Basic skills test on computer from third party company. 2 interviews same day with 3 interviewrs each. Basically same questions on both interviews very intimidating though on first interview second one is more relaxed

Mngt Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bridgestone Americas.

Quick fire scenarios..answer go on to next question, cut you off at times...interesting concept, overall very dry and very neutral. No idea how things went, doing 2 phone interviews is not great business, need face to face.

Anonymous Employee in Graniteville, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Bridgestone Americas in June 2014.

Computer based tests from outside agency, they give you a sheet that explains the swing shift process as well as what is to be expected. The interview process is a 2 2 person panel interviews

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bridgestone Americas.

Very Thorough, as a perspective employee you have to make face-to-face contact and keep making your presence known even though the hiring is done by HR not your perspective management.

Navigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bridgestone Americas in March 2014.

Meeting with HR departement, a 3 panel interview, a tour of the facility, lunch with a couple of the employees at the firm, another interview with the departement head.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how fluid flowing through a pipe relates to air circulating throughout a tire   Answer Question