Bridgestone Retail Operations Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bridgestone Retail Operations

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out an online application followed by a behaivoral screening. Got contacted to do an online interview through a platform called hirevue. It basically shows you questions and you have a limited time to answer them. After that I was contacted for an in person interview with the area manager where he asked me pretty basic questions related to my resume about safety procedures and sales. Was contacted about a week later with an offer

Interview Questions

• Identify a time you capitalized on new sales opportunities   Answer Question

Director of Stores Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations (Bloomingdale, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Initially, I was called to schedule a Skype, Face Time, video type of interview. This was changed to an in person interview. Then I received an email cancelling my interview. I contacted the person who cancelled the interview who indicated that this was only to cancel the video interview and that the in-person interview was still in place but the time had changed from 11 am to 9 am. I reply acknowledging that there was a time change. The reply indicated that I would be called about this time change. Nobody called. I arrived at my scheduled interview at 9 am. The interviewing managers didn't know anything about the time change. Fortunately, I brought the emails to prove my point.

The managers were scrambling to rearrange their morning schedules to accommodate me. I wish they hadn't. My one hour scheduled interview was rushed to a 45 minute window.

Basically, the interview abruptly ended. "You will hear from us. Good Bye."

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you used your financial data to form a strategy.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations (Bloomingdale, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

First: Phone interview with hiring manager
    Second: Panel intervie with hiring manager and 2 senior operators

My process ended there because I made the decision to withdraw as a result of how the panel interview process went. I did not feel it was the appropriate cultural fit based on a lack of proessional courtest extended to me during the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult, but also not behaviorial based and more theoretical than most employers prefer.

I did not take notes during my process as I was told my notes would be collected and kept with them. I had questions written I wanted to ask, which indeed were collected at the end (again - took no notes because in general, my notes center on concerns I have with the company/their responses or positives which may benefit me, or help me benefit the company in the role).

One member of the panel was checking and responding to text and emails on her phone while interviewing.

Others on the panel were great, very engaged.

I withdrew from consideration when I get to my car.

Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations.

Interview

I Spoke with District manager after filling out an application online. I had friends who had worked there after coming out of college so that helped because my friends were hard workers.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about cars?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He said he has never offered more than a certain amount ($17/hour) to a college grad for this position. I naively believed that and shook his hand.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations.

Interview

Pretty easy. A lot of informal talk. They are just feeling you out for the most part. Not much to say other than, it was a great experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations (Buffalo, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied online. I recieved a phone call asking me a few basic questions just to verify things on my resume. Next I was offered an Interview where I met with a district manager and a regional HR rep. Interview itself took about an hour. Mainly asked questions about my previous experience, education, group/team work ablities, and my goals.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength/weakness?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you took a leadership role in a group situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Sales associate is entry level.

Retail Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations in February 2008.

Interview

I applied online through Careerbuilder.com. I got the call to set up an interview with the manager of the store that I was going to work at. After that interview I went to Birmingham (the next day) to interview with the District manager. I got the call with the offer on my way home that day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle an irate customer.   Answer Question