Bridgestone Retail Operations Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer described the job and then proceeded to ask questions. He was very clear about the position. He described his previous experience and then continued to ask about mine. Customer service was key. He wanted to know different scenarios on how I dealt with customer service. Make sure you can describe some and how you can address it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had bad customer service and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out an online application followed by a behaivoral screening. Got contacted to do an online interview through a platform called hirevue. It basically shows you questions and you have a limited time to answer them. After that I was contacted for an in person interview with the area manager where he asked me pretty basic questions related to my resume about safety procedures and sales. Was contacted about a week later with an offer

Interview Questions

• Identify a time you capitalized on new sales opportunities   Answer Question

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations (Idaho Falls, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process went smoothly. Took a little bit for them to get back with a response though. When they did they were in top of their game and making sure that the process was going smoothly and that they were there to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience you have and how exactly you gained it   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations (Columbia, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy process not too many hard questions, could be unprepared for the interview if needed to be like. Contacted me 30 days after initial application. Was a easy process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations in October 2014.

Interview

The process of the interview was brief and direct. The overall process to be hired was extremely long. They have and outdated process in which they are in the process of revamping.

Interview Questions

• What have I don't to qualify for this position   1 Answer

Director of Stores Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations (Bloomingdale, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Initially, I was called to schedule a Skype, Face Time, video type of interview. This was changed to an in person interview. Then I received an email cancelling my interview. I contacted the person who cancelled the interview who indicated that this was only to cancel the video interview and that the in-person interview was still in place but the time had changed from 11 am to 9 am. I reply acknowledging that there was a time change. The reply indicated that I would be called about this time change. Nobody called. I arrived at my scheduled interview at 9 am. The interviewing managers didn't know anything about the time change. Fortunately, I brought the emails to prove my point.

The managers were scrambling to rearrange their morning schedules to accommodate me. I wish they hadn't. My one hour scheduled interview was rushed to a 45 minute window.

Basically, the interview abruptly ended. "You will hear from us. Good Bye."

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you used your financial data to form a strategy.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations (Bloomingdale, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

First: Phone interview with hiring manager
    Second: Panel intervie with hiring manager and 2 senior operators

My process ended there because I made the decision to withdraw as a result of how the panel interview process went. I did not feel it was the appropriate cultural fit based on a lack of proessional courtest extended to me during the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult, but also not behaviorial based and more theoretical than most employers prefer.

I did not take notes during my process as I was told my notes would be collected and kept with them. I had questions written I wanted to ask, which indeed were collected at the end (again - took no notes because in general, my notes center on concerns I have with the company/their responses or positives which may benefit me, or help me benefit the company in the role).

One member of the panel was checking and responding to text and emails on her phone while interviewing.

Others on the panel were great, very engaged.

I withdrew from consideration when I get to my car.

Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations.

Interview

I Spoke with District manager after filling out an application online. I had friends who had worked there after coming out of college so that helped because my friends were hard workers.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about cars?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He said he has never offered more than a certain amount ($17/hour) to a college grad for this position. I naively believed that and shook his hand.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations.

Interview

Pretty easy. A lot of informal talk. They are just feeling you out for the most part. Not much to say other than, it was a great experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bridgestone Retail Operations (Buffalo, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied online. I recieved a phone call asking me a few basic questions just to verify things on my resume. Next I was offered an Interview where I met with a district manager and a regional HR rep. Interview itself took about an hour. Mainly asked questions about my previous experience, education, group/team work ablities, and my goals.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength/weakness?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you took a leadership role in a group situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Sales associate is entry level.