Bridgewater Associates

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in January 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter mentioned to me in advance that the company takes their "culture" very seriously -- and they will test your willingness to go along with it. Bridgewater values "honestly" as the best way to get the best results out of people -- how bad could it be, right? Well, what I didn't know was that after giving me skills test and 3 more hours of one-on-ones, there would be a "culture specialist" that would come and argue with me for another hour about how I should have told a former under-performing employee that he was an a-hole (instead of giving him constructive criticism about what he was doing wrong, concretely) because, well, it was the truth and therefore superior. We fought for a very long time about how truth is not absolute and in the eyes of the beholder. Seriously, I thought that fight - which they record, btw -- would instantly get me thrown out of the place, but they ended up calling me back after.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to fire an employee and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The culture was too cult-ish for me...

Worked for Bridgewater Associates? Contribute to the Community!