Bridgewater Associates Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.6

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by their recruiting department to complete 3 assessments at home including the Meyers-Briggs personality test. Didn't hear anything for a few weeks, then got called in for an interview. It was an 8 hour day -- first part of the day was two group interviews, then two of us got to stay after lunch for departmental interviews in a different building.

Business Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Wilton, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process is unlike anything I have ever experienced. Before the in-person interview you must take a series of logic tests including the Mayer Briggs Test in order to see if you will even be considered as a candidate. If you pass these, you are brought in for an all day interview. Here, you will go thru a series of different interviews w/ different associates from the company. There is a 1:1 interview where you are asked questions about your biggest weakness/ streghths, your story (make this short and sweet) The others are a series of group interviews. A group case study, where you will be analyzed on the way you react in a situation and the way that you go about a hypothetical situation. You will also be asked to watch hours of tapes on the founder Ray and his principles.

Interview Questions

• Open ended Question/Group Debate: do you believe in privatizing the Jail System.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Introduction, Case Study, Cultural Interview... I feel it is not about if you fit the company culture; it is more about if you fit the personality of the interviewers. Also, keep in mind that being too honest will cost you the opportunity.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT).

Interview

The process was slow at first (starting 21 days before my interview) and was eventually slapdash, including the company wanting to recall me from a personal trip before changing their mind (I-7). The process was meant to last for a few hours in the morning but ended up taking all day. It was mentally exhausting, but quite interesting (I+0). I was told before my last interview that I would probably get an offer, then I was told afterwards that they wanted to call a reference and would give me an offer after that. The next day (I+1)I made sure my previous employer was aware and they scheduled a time with BW outside of normal hours to do the call, however BW forgot to call. It took another week (I+8) for them to reschedule the reference call. Two days later (I+10) I got a verbal offer via phone and a commitment to get me a physical offer shortly after (~I+12). I sent a pair of emails when the offer didn't come, and it ended up taking until I+21 for my package to arrive. In general, while my interviewers were interesting and I enjoyed discussions with them, I found the process to be comically poorly managed and confusing.

Interview Questions

• They ask several questions and try to force you to discuss your own weaknesses. It's not a conventional process by any means, but if you're honest, capable of recognizing flaws, and somewhat comfortable analyzing those flaws, you'll be fine.   Answer Question

While the people were interesting, Bridgewater wouldn't offer me the skill set I want to have to achieve my long term goals. I also felt I would be frustrated with something they refer to as "the trains not running on time."

Technology Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview

Very cool interview process where the conversation was much more about me and how I think rather than what I have done. Phone interview followed by one long day of interviews on site and then offer

Interview Questions

• Asked me to solve various problems   1 Answer
    • What was my biggest failure   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview

Interview process went fast. I applied online an was asked to take a bunch of tests. Then had a phone interview and got invited to a campus. 5h interview was exhausting.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Wilton, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Programming problem to start (done at home) easy phone interview Difficult in person interview consisting of talking to many people from the team about technical things and personality traits cultural fit assessment

Business Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Wilton, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

Confusing and drawn out. People were nice but I spent seven hours at the campus without even a clear idea of what job I was interviewing for. Group discussion is interesting idea, but you'll also spend a significant period of time watching videos about the company. I found them interesting, but some may find them an unnecessary waste of time. Coordinators of the interview were helpful and kind, and a delicious lunch was served.

Investment Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview

Company culture is intense, and they are intense about the company's culture. The personality quiz and all of the slide shows alone take up a good bit of time. I would definitely like to see more of this style interview process with other companies.

Technology Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview

Very weird. A lot of personal questions and cornering you into spots where you have to take negative feedback about what you said wrong or did wrong. A lot of personality tests to tell you about you.

Interview Questions

• Algoritms and data structures. Nothing at all about specific technology.   Answer Question