Bridgewater Associates Management Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

3.4

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Associate Interview

They called me to go through the process. They did not provide any job description. Fist phase is to complete a series of personality tests. Later they did a phone interview. Finally a in person interview. Once in the interview they asked me about my life. They call this "a life interview". After the life interview, they told me that they were going to get back to me.

Other Interview Reviews for Bridgewater Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in July 2012.

Applied via my university's online career portal and received an email interview invitation about 2 weeks later. Since I had JUST moved back to LA from NYC, they gladly arranged a flight, ground transportation and hotel.

Group interview morning was pretty fun! Mix of different personalities and backgrounds, but all one gender (we were a bunch of males evaluated by 2 women and 1 man). They want to see how you articulate yourself and if you're a natural 'leader'. Myself and another prospect were the only people asked to stay on for follow up one on ones later that afternoon (coincidentally, the only Ivy grads).

I got a call in 2 days later for a follow up in Westport. That interview was a 'no bull' interview. Basically, you tell them how you'd do your job if you got it. Not as easy as you'd think.

Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Like nothing else. The interview is a mix of discussion of philosophical issues with your peers and a few BW people, and personal interviews where an employee asks you to justify your life choices. You are expected to engage on a level employers rarely expect — possibly for good reason. The interview, like the company, felt somehow both violating and revelatory. I was discussing my childhood, passions, relationship with my father at an interview to work at a hedge fund. This seems entirely irrelevant but is indicative of what you'll be seeing should you take a job at Bridgewater. The deep focus on individual strengths and weaknesses can be a beautiful thing and can be very, very unpleasant. Lots of personality testing as well; expect to spend a few hours testing in advance of your debate.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is comprised of surprising philosophical questions. Traditional finance interview prep will not help you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the offer is absurdly good

Management Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in September 2013.

Application surveys online. Around 4. A Myers-Briggs, a Workplace Personality Inventory, a team role analysis, and one other I think. Pretty interesting. Pre-screening call with a psychologist-guys, Make you pick a topic and debate it for around 45 minutes.

Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

First round- group discussion.
    Second round - group discussion followed by a life interview/ another discussion (alone) with two panelists depending on how you fared in the debate session prior to that.

Interview Questions
    • Debate went on to classic age and Haiti situation in the second round   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 1.5 weeks for a phone interview. Prior to the interview I was sent a series of online assessments. These assignments are important, and you should go over them well. I had my phone interview and was asked a few questions in regards to my decision-making. I received an email 1 week later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Management Associate Interview

Interview Questions
    • Group Discussion for 1 hour; 4-5 people in a group; each participant presents one topic; Interviewer chose 1-2 topics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bridgeport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Applied online, received an email to complete four psychological assessments. After approximately two weeks I received an email stating that they "...were unable to find a suitable role at this time. We will keep your resume on file and will contact you should a position open that we feel may be a fit for someone with your strengths and qualifications. "

Management Associate Interview

Very frank and easy process. We organically spoke about different options after graduation. It was a good conversation but we mutually realized this wasn't the type of position I was looking for.

Management Associate Interview

First Round - open discussion with other peers based on "thought" questions rather than technical questions. They asked us to bring questions beforehand and the interviewers selected a few questions that were suggested.

Second/Final Round - same discussion but with more 1 on 1 interviews. One interview was based on personality, another interview was based on a 1 on 1 questioning.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bridgewater Associates? Contribute to the Community!