Bridgewater Associates

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview Details – Like nothing else. The interview is a mix of discussion of philosophical issues with your peers and a few BW people, and personal interviews where an employee asks you to justify your life choices. You are expected to engage on a level employers rarely expect — possibly for good reason. The interview, like the company, felt somehow both violating and revelatory. I was discussing my childhood, passions, relationship with my father at an interview to work at a hedge fund. This seems entirely irrelevant but is indicative of what you'll be seeing should you take a job at Bridgewater. The deep focus on individual strengths and weaknesses can be a beautiful thing and can be very, very unpleasant. Lots of personality testing as well; expect to spend a few hours testing in advance of your debate.

Interview Question – The interview is comprised of surprising philosophical questions. Traditional finance interview prep will not help you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the offer is absurdly good

Management Associate

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in September 2013.

Interview Details – Application surveys online. Around 4. A Myers-Briggs, a Workplace Personality Inventory, a team role analysis, and one other I think. Pretty interesting. Pre-screening call with a psychologist-guys, Make you pick a topic and debate it for around 45 minutes.

Management Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview Details – First round- group discussion.
Second round - group discussion followed by a life interview/ another discussion (alone) with two panelists depending on how you fared in the debate session prior to that.

Interview Question – Debate went on to classic age and Haiti situation in the second round   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within 1.5 weeks for a phone interview. Prior to the interview I was sent a series of online assessments. These assignments are important, and you should go over them well. I had my phone interview and was asked a few questions in regards to my decision-making. I received an email 1 week later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview Details – Group Discussion for 1 hour; 4-5 people in a group; each participant presents one topic; Interviewer chose 1-2 topics

Interview Question – Group Discussion for 1 hour; 4-5 people in a group; each participant presents one topic; Interviewer chose 1-2 topics   Answer Question

Bridgeport, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email to complete four psychological assessments. After approximately two weeks I received an email stating that they "...were unable to find a suitable role at this time. We will keep your resume on file and will contact you should a position open that we feel may be a fit for someone with your strengths and qualifications. "

Interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview Details – Very frank and easy process. We organically spoke about different options after graduation. It was a good conversation but we mutually realized this wasn't the type of position I was looking for.

Interview Question – none really   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview Details – First Round - open discussion with other peers based on "thought" questions rather than technical questions. They asked us to bring questions beforehand and the interviewers selected a few questions that were suggested.

Second/Final Round - same discussion but with more 1 on 1 interviews. One interview was based on personality, another interview was based on a 1 on 1 questioning.

Interview Question – The Open Discussion Portion   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in October 2012.

Interview Details – First round is a group interview with 5 other people. Each had to bring a question/topic for discussion, moderated by two employees. It last about an hour and the employees pushed back to ideas that needed to be defended. Overall not a horrible experience. Second round is the next day and dunno what to expect.

Interview Question – First round group interview.   Answer Question

Westport, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in September 2011.

Interview Details – Group interview consisted of four other candidates and 5 Bridgewater employees. We were asked what qualities we would look for in hiring someone to fill the position we were being interviewed for. We worked on answering this question as a group, later being asked to pick 5 traits we deemed most important.

Interview Question – What traits would you look for in hiring someone for this position?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bridgewater Associates

Worked for Bridgewater Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Bridgewater Associates Videos

Bridgewater Associates – Why Work for Us?

If you want to work in an environment that values truth and openness in the pursuit of innovation, excellence and quality relationships.... If you want to discover your strengths and weaknesses and work hard to get… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bridgewater Associates Management Associate interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bridgewater Associates employees and interview candidates.