Bridgewater Associates Management Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.2

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

I applied through LinkedIn and got a call about three weeks later. The recruiter was incredibly difficult to schedule an interview with; it took multiple calls and emails to finalize a time (I was very flexible with my time requirements so it was entirely on their end). We finally had an interview, which was quite basic and much of it was focused on Bridgewater's "principles" and culture. The recruiter also had a difficult time describing the position and I did not feel like I understood exactly what it entailed.

The recruiter said that they were extremely interested and wanted to bring me in within a few days and would let me know within the day when I should come. Then they did not schedule the interview for nearly two weeks, and then canceled the interview saying that they chose not to continue with my application with no explanation. Dealing with the recruiter was one of the most frustrating experiences I've had, and everyone I worked with on this seemed pretty incompetent.

Other Interview Reviews for Bridgewater Associates

Management Associate Interview

They called me to go through the process. They did not provide any job description. Fist phase is to complete a series of personality tests. Later they did a phone interview. Finally a in person interview. Once in the interview they asked me about my life. They call this "a life interview". After the life interview, they told me that they were going to get back to me.

Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Like nothing else. The interview is a mix of discussion of philosophical issues with your peers and a few BW people, and personal interviews where an employee asks you to justify your life choices. You are expected to engage on a level employers rarely expect — possibly for good reason. The interview, like the company, felt somehow both violating and revelatory. I was discussing my childhood, passions, relationship with my father at an interview to work at a hedge fund. This seems entirely irrelevant but is indicative of what you'll be seeing should you take a job at Bridgewater. The deep focus on individual strengths and weaknesses can be a beautiful thing and can be very, very unpleasant. Lots of personality testing as well; expect to spend a few hours testing in advance of your debate.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is comprised of surprising philosophical questions. Traditional finance interview prep will not help you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the offer is absurdly good

Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

First round- group discussion.
    Second round - group discussion followed by a life interview/ another discussion (alone) with two panelists depending on how you fared in the debate session prior to that.

Interview Questions
    • Debate went on to classic age and Haiti situation in the second round   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 1.5 weeks for a phone interview. Prior to the interview I was sent a series of online assessments. These assignments are important, and you should go over them well. I had my phone interview and was asked a few questions in regards to my decision-making. I received an email 1 week later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Management Associate Interview

Interview Questions
    • Group Discussion for 1 hour; 4-5 people in a group; each participant presents one topic; Interviewer chose 1-2 topics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Applied online, received an email to complete four psychological assessments. After approximately two weeks I received an email stating that they "...were unable to find a suitable role at this time. We will keep your resume on file and will contact you should a position open that we feel may be a fit for someone with your strengths and qualifications. "

Management Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in September 2013.

Application surveys online. Around 4. A Myers-Briggs, a Workplace Personality Inventory, a team role analysis, and one other I think. Pretty interesting. Pre-screening call with a psychologist-guys, Make you pick a topic and debate it for around 45 minutes.

Management Associate Interview

Very frank and easy process. We organically spoke about different options after graduation. It was a good conversation but we mutually realized this wasn't the type of position I was looking for.

Management Associate Interview

First Round - open discussion with other peers based on "thought" questions rather than technical questions. They asked us to bring questions beforehand and the interviewers selected a few questions that were suggested.

Second/Final Round - same discussion but with more 1 on 1 interviews. One interview was based on personality, another interview was based on a 1 on 1 questioning.