Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bridgewater Associates
- Management Associate (28)
- Investment Associate (23)
- Administrative Assistant (19)
- Investment Associate Summer (15)
- Technology Associate (14)
- Data Analyst (14)
- Software Developer (11)
- Associate (10)
- Operations Associate (8)
- Trading Associate (8)
- Recruiting Coordinator (7)
- Human Resources (5)
- Project Manager (4)
- Receptionist (4)
- Analyst (3)
- Intern (3)
- Technology Associate Intern (3)
- Administrative (2)
- Technology Associate Internship (2)
- Manager (2)
- Business Support Associate (2)
- Data Associate (2)
- Technology Support Associate (2)
- Management Support Associate (2)
- Investment Engineer (2)
- IT (2)
- Account Management (2)
- Senior Manager (2)
- Senior Associate (2)
- Executive Assistant (2)
Technology Associate Intern Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.
Got an interview through campus recruiting
- The questions were not very difficult. They asked you to build a game called Guess Who. Then, they asked me to talk about myself and asked my things like why I like computer science? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Bridgewater Associates
Technology Associate Intern InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in March 2014.
Took about a week.
Filled out a coding challenge for the company and passed most of the tests (did the harder portion better than the easier one). A recruiter contacted me a few days later to schedule an interview.
Half was personality/fit, the other half was "technical" in the abstract sense; development procedure too.
- How would you make an elevator better? Asked me to essentially start from scratch and develop an algorithm/program to do this. They helped me through this in places, but I guess I didn't run with the decision-making as thoroughly as they wanted me to. Answer Question
Technology Associate Intern InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Cambridge, MA) in October 2013.
I was initially contacted via a cold email by one of their recruiters, who encouraged me to apply for their summer position in their Technology Associates (TA) program. I submitted my resume, applied online, and then had an in-person interview when they came to my campus. I made it to the final round (top 6-10, I think) but ultimately didn't get an offer.
They asked about tech details (typical algorithmic questions, nothing overly intense, all pretty interesting), cultural fit, and personality/discussion assessment. For personality/discussion assessment you just debate/discuss a topic with the interviewers (tip: I thought it was a debate, it turns out they just wanted it to be a discussion, so I was far too debate-like and argumentative). Cultural fit was a bit odd, definitely have some familiarity with Ray Dalio's "Principles" guide, they asked some very probing questions about my self development. This was the main place where BS does not fly AT ALL - when they ask you about your biggest flaw, they'll keep probing until they get to the issue you're most afraid of, and then analyze what you're doing to fix it.
- The tech side was relatively straightforward, but the cultural fit questions on "What's your biggest flaw?" followed up with "Do you think what you're doing is really fixing that flaw, or just addressing the surface level?" Answer Question