Briggs Equipment

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Briggs Equipment

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Briggs Equipment in November 2014.

I traveled to Dallas to interview for the Management Trainee position. The time with the Briggs employee was very enjoyable. They showed great hospitality to all the recruits that were there interviewing. The interviews were scheduled very tightly together - you can expect to have six interviews (or more) while meeting with the Briggs team for this particular position. That many interviews may seem a bit excessive, but I appreciated that Briggs took it so seriously to ensure that I would be a great fit for their company and mesh well with their culture, and that it would be a great fit for me as well.

Out of all of the interviews I've had with potential employers, that required me to travel to their facility, this one was absolutely the most organized, by far. The HR department made sure that you knew exactly what time and the duration you could expect for any activity; whether it be your interviews or how long the group events/outings would last. I appreciated that the most.

Their ESOP program is very appealing and you certainly will not find another employer who offers the same type of retirement plan, however, their starting salary for this position seems low. I was told to expect 45k - 48k. In the Dallas area, 45k seems very low, as cost of living to be in close/decent proximity to the office would be extremely high on top of paying for student loans, that I have to assume most coming out of college have.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given $100,000 what kind of company would you start and why?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Briggs Equipment in November 2014.

Corporate office interviews with senior staff and board room discussion times. Also had delicious food and good evening events to keep everyone loose after a long day. Very structured and efficient

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Briggs Equipment in July 2013.

Two 1.5 hour interviews. Involved Branch Manager, in 1st interview. 2nd interview included Branch Manager and Marketing Manager.
    I pursued the position, staying in constant contact with the hiring process. I expected Briggs to be more, but judging by the words of personnel more experienced, Austin is historically a pretty bad market for Briggs.
    I was disappointed to learn that,and learned it the hard way. Treatment and demands became harsh and unrealistic, and local talent and mgt were resigning all around me..

Goe the 30 words you wanted??

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience?   View Answer
    • Do you respect your ability, and do you expect respect in return?
      What is your response when an employer fails to fulfill to respect you?

View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Briggs Equipment in March 2008.

Asked you normal questions about where your going, where you've been, why sales........etc. They will give you home work on a customer and you will bring back in your awnser and present your approach angle to obtain the customer. The presentaion should include al steps of the sales process.