Briggs & Stratton

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.5

Sales Interview

Pleasant and professional correspondence. Quick response to e-mail correspondence. Lengthy questionarre and testing process. Overall good experience. Pleasant human resources representatives. Very good description of job duties, job requirements, skills required, salary and benefits offered.

Technician C Interview

nothing to it, questions for every job are the same, interview questions for the most part have nothing to do with the actual job, they usually know who is getting the job before the interviews

International Logistics Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Briggs & Stratton in May 2014.

If you make it past the first two rounds of interviews you will be meeting with current employees of the company. The length of the phone interviews varied. I then was asked to come into the headquarters in Wauwatosa for an in-person interview. Everyone there was professional in their manner.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time when your work was criticized?   Answer Question

Marketing Co-Op Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Briggs & Stratton.

Came in for one interview. Interviewed for 30 minutes with an HR and marketing coordinator, then another 30 minutes with an analyst and marketing manager. Everyone seemed very kind and interested in what I had to say. Said their favorite part of working here is the people they work with.

Interview Questions
    • I was basically asked to give a marketing pitch on the company I was working for at that time. I gave a very detailed response about the various advantages of the company in comparison to the competition, as well as explaining part of the values that the company expects their employees to present, since they are an image of the company.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Briggs & Stratton.

I applied for a specific position and was called saying my experience didn't match what they were looking for but wondering if I wanted to interview as a contractor. I said yes, and went through a phone interview, which went well, and then did not hear anything for about three weeks. I was then called and they said that their choice for this position didn't work out because they didn't pass a background check. I went in for an in-person interview, which went well, but was with five different people. I did not end up getting an offer and was told they hired someone with more digital marketing experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part was when they had me "interview" with two of my peers - young people who were contractors and got hired on as full Briggs employees. It was weird having people just basically out of school like me vetting me as a candidate. The most difficult question was probably when they asked me about my experience working with a particular political party (I was also a political science major) and if that party aligned with my own personal views. I was a bit taken aback by that.   View Answer

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Briggs & Stratton in December 2012.

Very pleased with the interveiw.

Customer Service Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Briggs & Stratton in May 2011.

Internal Posting
    Submitted resume
    Called for interview
    One on one interview with person I would have reported to directly.

Internship IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Briggs & Stratton in April 2010.

Interview with manager and one team member, technical questions, relax atmosphere, it was like a informal conversation about previous experiences and questions about my last degree. Great people, excellent company.
    Just be yourself and make sure to remember all you wrote on your resume because the interview took as a guide the resume, (education, classes, experiences, etc)

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you might be able to contribute to our team?   View Answer
    No, didnt negociate, It was a paid internship, I was lucky enough to receive some money during my summer internship

General Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Briggs & Stratton in January 2010.

simple interview, seemed more of a culture fit than major accomplishments.

vacation, salary