Brigham Young University (BYU)

www.byu.edu
  www.byu.edu

Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2014
Updated Nov 28, 2014

2.4

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I looked for this job, knocking on professors' doors in the political science department. One professor recommended me by email to another professor. The interview with that professor was really relaxed. He asked what my prior work experience was, told me generally what I would be doing. He asked me if I was capable of that. I said yes, and he hired me on the spot on a temporary basis. He liked my performance, so I was already accepted on a permanent basis just a few weeks after hire.

Really personal and personable interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What are your skills with statistics and Stata?   View Answer

Groundskeeper Interview

There wasn't really much of an interview process for the temporary workers. It depends on the foreman that you are going to work for. Most employees are students at BYU so the employer already knows a decent amount about them. You may be asked about your experience and if you have specialized experience you can end up on a higher paying crew.

Assistant PR Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) in July 2014.

The interview process was rather simple for me, as I had interacted with my current boss when I was working as an intern in the same college. She liked my work ethic and let me know that her office was about to post a job that I might be interested in. So, I sent her my resume and she responded the same day letting me know that she would like to interview me. I went in, interviewed with her, and then I was offered the position within a few days.

Interview Questions
    Things went very well. I was not used to trying to negotiate wage, especially for a part-time position.

Phone Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) in July 2014.

I was asked general questions about past experience, why I thought I was good for the job, etc. VERY EASY and laid back! She asked me some questions about my resume and previous experience with angry customers.

Laboratory Manager Interview

I had been working in the lab for several years and so there was no interview involved.

I researched what the market value was, and told them the services I provided and then provided the amount I thought was reasonable. The offer I negotiated was agreed upon.

Vehicle Rental Interview

There was one interview with some general questions. The contact was made over the phone and in person. Great culture.

Interview Questions
    • No curve balls here basically just wanted to know the hours I could work and if I could do the job.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Computer Support Representative Interview

You need to have you office skills test, application, resume with you as you turn it in to the secretary. While there they will have you take a little test. The test consists of finding out how much you know about basic computering. Some are a lot harder than others and I talked to them and they said that they don't expect everyone to know all of them. What version is Google Chrome on? If you are in the same planet as the right answer, its fine.

Interview Questions
    • There were the typical questions of, tell us about yourself, weaknesses. The hardest questions was, "Pretend you are on the phone and troubleshoot this problem.... I can't print, I press print and it doesn't work." The idea again is not to get the right answer, but do you understand how to troubleshoot. Do you know how to help someone identify their operating system? Do you know how to troubleshoot the possible hardware or software problems? Sometimes there's not even an answer in mind, its just to keep you thinking.   Answer Question

Teaching and Research Assistant Interview

It was very simple: I applied online, and a few weeks later was calling in to be interviewed by the professors in the department.

Interview Questions
    • It really was all very straightforward, sorry there's not much to say.   Answer Question
    There was none.

Front Desk Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) in December 2013.

I saw the job posting online and I applied to it. They called two weeks later and set up an one to one interview. The interview questions are quite strict forward and just basic interview questions. The lady is super nice. I got the offer the day after the interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

The application and interview process were really chill, I just went and talked to the professor that I wanted to work for and he had me send him my transcript and he hired me. There wasn't really an interview process, he knew me and knew that I was motivated.
    The whole process only took about a day or so to get done.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect to have to provide my transcript. I figured that the professor knew me well enough that he knew I was a good student. But apparently not.   View Answer
    No, you can't negotiate, it's a wage set for the whole university.