Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.5

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

If you have the right skillset, be persistent in trying to interview with Instructure. You may need to follow up with the recruiters about your application status. After the concluding interview, the offer came within hours. Thank you for being quick and not jerking me around and forcing me to follow up on the job. A nice break from the "normal" interview / hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain training pacing and engage end-users in class, whether face-to-face or via webinar?   Answer Question

Economics Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

Simple form to apply where you fill out your grades, economics, statistics, and math courses. The professors take the next step in deciding who will be a TA each semester. Then you receive an email with a course assignment and a form to sign your commitment. It is not necessary to be an economics major (at least for Econ 110), but helpful to have advanced economics and math courses.

Interview Questions

• GPA for respective economics, statistics, and mathematics courses   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I did one interview. I sat at a table with several people from the department. They asked questions about my experience in my previous jobs and how it related to the skills they were looking for in this present position. I told them about the skills I felt were relevant to the current position I was seeking. Then I asked some questions regarding the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with different department when you had a project that had a tight deadline.   Answer Question

Help Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview went well, but the individual interviewing me, had little to no reaction/personality. When I did not receive the position, I asked for feedback, but did not receive any. She was kind other than that. It seemed the position was one which was relaxed and interesting, where you could make your own decisions.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I looked for this job, knocking on professors' doors in the political science department. One professor recommended me by email to another professor. The interview with that professor was really relaxed. He asked what my prior work experience was, told me generally what I would be doing. He asked me if I was capable of that. I said yes, and he hired me on the spot on a temporary basis. He liked my performance, so I was already accepted on a permanent basis just a few weeks after hire.

Really personal and personable interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your skills with statistics and Stata?   1 Answer

Groundskeeper Interview

Interview

There wasn't really much of an interview process for the temporary workers. It depends on the foreman that you are going to work for. Most employees are students at BYU so the employer already knows a decent amount about them. You may be asked about your experience and if you have specialized experience you can end up on a higher paying crew.

Assistant PR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was rather simple for me, as I had interacted with my current boss when I was working as an intern in the same college. She liked my work ethic and let me know that her office was about to post a job that I might be interested in. So, I sent her my resume and she responded the same day letting me know that she would like to interview me. I went in, interviewed with her, and then I was offered the position within a few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Things went very well. I was not used to trying to negotiate wage, especially for a part-time position.

Phone Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

I was asked general questions about past experience, why I thought I was good for the job, etc. VERY EASY and laid back! She asked me some questions about my resume and previous experience with angry customers.

Laboratory Manager Interview

Interview

I had been working in the lab for several years and so there was no interview involved.

Negotiation

I researched what the market value was, and told them the services I provided and then provided the amount I thought was reasonable. The offer I negotiated was agreed upon.

Vehicle Rental Interview

Interview

There was one interview with some general questions. The contact was made over the phone and in person. Great culture.

Interview Questions

• No curve balls here basically just wanted to know the hours I could work and if I could do the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation