Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.5

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laie, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Laie, HI).

Interview

Applied on Peoplesoft and talked to a former employee, Wait was two weeks until I heard from them for an interview. The interview was with the direct supervisor and one of the managers. The questions were daily easy most being based on situations and scenarios, After the initial interview the process was fairly quick about 3-4 days before I started.

Phone Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

I was asked general questions about past experience, why I thought I was good for the job, etc. VERY EASY and laid back! She asked me some questions about my resume and previous experience with angry customers.

Lead Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) in July 2014.

Interview

I was asked to become a TA at the middle of the semester. After a year, I was recommended by former lead to become the new lead. The interview was smooth; I've been working with the supervisor for a year already and he knows me very well.

Assistant PR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was rather simple for me, as I had interacted with my current boss when I was working as an intern in the same college. She liked my work ethic and let me know that her office was about to post a job that I might be interested in. So, I sent her my resume and she responded the same day letting me know that she would like to interview me. I went in, interviewed with her, and then I was offered the position within a few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Things went very well. I was not used to trying to negotiate wage, especially for a part-time position.

Food Handler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

I knew someone who worked there and they said they could get me a job. I walked in with the person I new and asked if any positions were open. They looked at their list and found a place for me. Now there is usually a waiting list and will work down the list. First come first serve.

Negotiation

none

Laboratory Manager Interview

Interview

I had been working in the lab for several years and so there was no interview involved.

Negotiation

I researched what the market value was, and told them the services I provided and then provided the amount I thought was reasonable. The offer I negotiated was agreed upon.

Vehicle Rental Interview

Interview

There was one interview with some general questions. The contact was made over the phone and in person. Great culture.

Interview Questions

• No curve balls here basically just wanted to know the hours I could work and if I could do the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Computer Support Representative Interview

Interview

You need to have you office skills test, application, resume with you as you turn it in to the secretary. While there they will have you take a little test. The test consists of finding out how much you know about basic computering. Some are a lot harder than others and I talked to them and they said that they don't expect everyone to know all of them. What version is Google Chrome on? If you are in the same planet as the right answer, its fine.

Interview Questions

• There were the typical questions of, tell us about yourself, weaknesses. The hardest questions was, "Pretend you are on the phone and troubleshoot this problem.... I can't print, I press print and it doesn't work." The idea again is not to get the right answer, but do you understand how to troubleshoot. Do you know how to help someone identify their operating system? Do you know how to troubleshoot the possible hardware or software problems? Sometimes there's not even an answer in mind, its just to keep you thinking.   Answer Question

Teaching and Research Assistant Interview

Interview

It was very simple: I applied online, and a few weeks later was calling in to be interviewed by the professors in the department.

Interview Questions

• It really was all very straightforward, sorry there's not much to say.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

Front Desk Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in December 2013.

Interview

I saw the job posting online and I applied to it. They called two weeks later and set up an one to one interview. The interview questions are quite strict forward and just basic interview questions. The lady is super nice. I got the offer the day after the interview.