Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.2

Dishwasher, Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laie, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Laie, HI).

Interview

I got an email to pass by the office, and handed in my course schedule, and the superviser started arranging my working hours. She didn't ask any additional questions, I think it was because they are lack of employees. We have a lot of kids to feed and the working was very demanding, especially for your energy.

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laie, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Laie, HI).

Interview

Applied on Peoplesoft and talked to a former employee, Wait was two weeks until I heard from them for an interview. The interview was with the direct supervisor and one of the managers. The questions were daily easy most being based on situations and scenarios, After the initial interview the process was fairly quick about 3-4 days before I started.

Phone Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

I was asked general questions about past experience, why I thought I was good for the job, etc. VERY EASY and laid back! She asked me some questions about my resume and previous experience with angry customers.

Lead Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) in July 2014.

Interview

I was asked to become a TA at the middle of the semester. After a year, I was recommended by former lead to become the new lead. The interview was smooth; I've been working with the supervisor for a year already and he knows me very well.

Assistant PR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was rather simple for me, as I had interacted with my current boss when I was working as an intern in the same college. She liked my work ethic and let me know that her office was about to post a job that I might be interested in. So, I sent her my resume and she responded the same day letting me know that she would like to interview me. I went in, interviewed with her, and then I was offered the position within a few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Things went very well. I was not used to trying to negotiate wage, especially for a part-time position.

Food Handler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

I knew someone who worked there and they said they could get me a job. I walked in with the person I new and asked if any positions were open. They looked at their list and found a place for me. Now there is usually a waiting list and will work down the list. First come first serve.

Negotiation

none

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

I called a number on a job posting that I found in the Wilk and was contacted pretty quickly. It wasn't hard at all, it was just a conversation essentially seeing if the job was a good fit for my life and what was going on. He had multiple research projects going on so he was able to put me in a good place. I was told later that he had a hunch that I would be a good assistant even though in the past he had had pre-med students that weren't really interested in the research rather they just wanted to check the box off for med school applications.

Interview Questions

• You are an Exercise Science major, why do you want to do research in Plant and Wildlife Science?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the graduate student who the research assistants were to help conduct research for. He informed me very well about the job and its duties, and asked about my previous experience as well. Overall, it was a very easy interview that did not require much previous experience. The graduate student was very friendly, as was the professor who we were working under, who I met after I was offered a job as a research assistant.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any job positions in the past where you were required to conduct research?   Answer Question

Helaman Halls Creamery Grill Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

I had seen a "Help Wanted" sign every day while I walked home. (I'm a student at BYU.) One day I decided to apply. I walked in and they told me to come to the manager's office. They asked me if I was a student and told me about the different shifts available and asked which one I wanted.

Laboratory Manager Interview

Interview

I had been working in the lab for several years and so there was no interview involved.

Negotiation

I researched what the market value was, and told them the services I provided and then provided the amount I thought was reasonable. The offer I negotiated was agreed upon.

See What Brigham Young University (BYU) Employees Are Saying

Former Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Pros: “Best pro - This was definitely a "people" company in my experience. Everyone seemed very friendly and you could be friends with your coworkers. I got great advice from sales...”“Best pro - This was definitely a "people" company in my experience. Everyone seemed very friendly and you could be friends with your coworkers. I got great advice from sales people on my team, my manager, my manager's manager and the company training coach. They seemed very understanding about life situations as well. If you've never done sales before, this job will help you learn what it's like as a salesperson even up to the big league B2B jobs. If you don't like being a salesperson here then it's an important indicator that sales may not be for you. The training was good and the job was a great way for me to learn what being a salesperson is about, without walking around neighborhoods in the heat of summer like some intro sales jobs. The lunches on Fridays as a company were always awesome and one of the best parts of the week! WARNING: It can be easy to look at their sales process as "scammy". However, sales is a lot about perspective and a service mindset. The basic idea at MFPC is to help people with their computers, so keep that in mind when talking to people and if they don't want or need your help, wish them a good day and move on.” – Full Review