Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions in Provo, UT

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.4

Custodial Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

The student applying for the job must contact the building supervisor in order to get an interview that would lead to a meeting in which he/she will be told whether they are or not hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to work at this building?   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I did one interview. I sat at a table with several people from the department. They asked questions about my experience in my previous jobs and how it related to the skills they were looking for in this present position. I told them about the skills I felt were relevant to the current position I was seeking. Then I asked some questions regarding the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with different department when you had a project that had a tight deadline.   Answer Question

Help Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

Interview

The interview went well, but the individual interviewing me, had little to no reaction/personality. When I did not receive the position, I asked for feedback, but did not receive any. She was kind other than that. It seemed the position was one which was relaxed and interesting, where you could make your own decisions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Interview

I looked for this job, knocking on professors' doors in the political science department. One professor recommended me by email to another professor. The interview with that professor was really relaxed. He asked what my prior work experience was, told me generally what I would be doing. He asked me if I was capable of that. I said yes, and he hired me on the spot on a temporary basis. He liked my performance, so I was already accepted on a permanent basis just a few weeks after hire. Really personal and personable interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your skills with statistics and Stata?   1 Answer

Phone Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

I was asked general questions about past experience, why I thought I was good for the job, etc. VERY EASY and laid back! She asked me some questions about my resume and previous experience with angry customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

I called a number on a job posting that I found in the Wilk and was contacted pretty quickly. It wasn't hard at all, it was just a conversation essentially seeing if the job was a good fit for my life and what was going on. He had multiple research projects going on so he was able to put me in a good place. I was told later that he had a hunch that I would be a good assistant even though in the past he had had pre-med students that weren't really interested in the research rather they just wanted to check the box off for med school applications.

Interview Questions

• You are an Exercise Science major, why do you want to do research in Plant and Wildlife Science?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the graduate student who the research assistants were to help conduct research for. He informed me very well about the job and its duties, and asked about my previous experience as well. Overall, it was a very easy interview that did not require much previous experience. The graduate student was very friendly, as was the professor who we were working under, who I met after I was offered a job as a research assistant.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any job positions in the past where you were required to conduct research?   Answer Question

Helaman Halls Creamery Grill Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

I had seen a "Help Wanted" sign every day while I walked home. (I'm a student at BYU.) One day I decided to apply. I walked in and they told me to come to the manager's office. They asked me if I was a student and told me about the different shifts available and asked which one I wanted.

Audio-Video Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, though Brigham Young University's on campus job website. I received an email in a few days and set up the interview a day or two after that. They just asked me some questions about my background in the audio video works, like programs I'm familiar with and what i've done in the past.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Final Cut Pro 7?   1 Answer

Front Desk Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in December 2013.

Interview

I saw the job posting online and I applied to it. They called two weeks later and set up an one to one interview. The interview questions are quite strict forward and just basic interview questions. The lady is super nice. I got the offer the day after the interview.