Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Once you start the interviewing process, you are assigned a recruiter that will be your guide. The recruiter will answer any questions or concerns you may have. Your recruiter has a wealth of information about BWH and the process.

Practice Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Got a email to schedule a phone interview after that got a offer for a in person interview. Worked as a temp before getting fire was offered the position and have been working there almost three years. Staff is very close and helpful

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The I was told by my training program was less. I was very much satisfy with the offer

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very long and tedious with little promises. I had to keep following up and leaving messages but no one got back to me on the same day. I feel as if it took so long because I asked for a high salary and they wanted to see if they could find a candidate who wasn't asking for as much.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking for another job   1 Answer

Clinical Laboratory Technoologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied through the web portal and was later contacted for an interview. It took a while for hooks to be cleared to actually offer me a position. It was a relaxed but sharp interview.

Interview Questions

• What set me apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

IS Programmer/Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

I received an email from the department head asking me to contact their secretary to schedule interviews. I was interviewed by all PIs and statisticians (separately) in that department. They mainly asked me to provide more details about my previous research experience, like what models were used in analysis, and what are the limitations of your study.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Reference check from three referees. it was followed by one day onsite interview. one hour presentation followed by question. 4 scientist interviewed me in their office for half an hour each.

Operations/Support Services Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

I met with the department head and his two assistants. They were extremely interested in my thoughts about "status quo" approaches in the industry. Extremely knowledgeable from a technical perspective.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of performance contracting as a means of leveraging capital projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a fixed budget for this position initially that was shared with me, so it was not really negotiable on the money side. Benefits and work environment absolutely outstanding, however.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Went in for Interview and met with the lab manager, my potential mentor and the PI separately. They were very informative about the position and answered my questions in full details. They asked me for a list of references after the interview but apparently never contacted any of my references.

Interview Questions

• Favorite research experience and why? What do you know about our lab?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

After I passed the vetting process, I was brought in to meet with multiple people in multiple departments. I had a pleasant conversation with most. It felt most comfortable and relaxed than most interviews, especially for an institution of this size.

Interview Questions

• How closely do I identify with the hospital's mission statement.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was very brief. I was asked to give a talk of 1 hour and people asked questions after my presentation. I was also invited to have lunch with future colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions about previous research experience.   Answer Question