Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.7

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very informal, met with other RAs, the lead on the particular project and the PI. Asking about relevant previous experiences and grades from school.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Got a call from the department coordinator, who was not clear about which department or job that I had applied for. Gave me a name and went in for interview the next week. Interviewed with both department coordinators about general personal characteristics and the job description. Asked many questions about personality, did not seem concerned about experience at all. Wanted someone with a bachelor's degree.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

I contacted the principal investigator directly for asking any vacancy for postdoctoral position. After two on-site interviews with PI and other faculty members, I got finally hired. My case was unusual, I did not have my research presentation in the lab meeting setting, instead I met all the faculty members by one-to-one meeting.

Interview Questions

• how do you formulated a study hypothesis out of preliminary data that they have   Answer Question

Research Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

The process took two weeks, One phone interview and two one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Research Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

It took a while to schedule the interview, but it was a very informative experience. I spoke to about 7 people, some of whom were very friendly others who were a bit more terse. They also seemed a little miffed about the idea of me applying for grad school in a few years. In the end they decided they wanted someone with more technical experience.

Interview Questions

• The answer (not the question) threw me on this one. "Why do you hope to do working here"
      I gave an answer about how I enjoyed the research they were doing, and how I wanted to contribute. I also said it would be nice to start to make a dent in my college loans. His answer "Well, that's not a good plan. Boston's an expensive place to live and we don't pay much."

1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward but somewhat lengthy-- a brief meeting with the lab director and a tour was followed by several meetings with different groups of lab techs (1-4 people at a time) who each asked similar questions. Understandable enough because the lab is quite busy, but I believe the interview took about two hours. Great work environment, though; everyone was very friendly throughout the process. Despite trying to get in touch with the director, I didn't hear back about the position until about six weeks later (though I'm sure if I'd been hired it would have been sooner).

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard, but I was also asked about past lab experience, familiarity with specific tests, etc.   Answer Question

Managed Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Medford, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online, then got a call for an interview a couple days later. Interview was well. I got a call the next day saying the position was filled, are you interested in patient registration position. I declined.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from your previous job that will benefit you the most in your career choice?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the Research Tech who'd I would be taking over for. I was asked about what previous research experience... research techniques I was proficient at... my long term plan...what I liked most about research.

In person interview with the PI I was asked the information above as well as what my weakness was.

All in all, typical research technician interview questions.

Research Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in June 2013.

Interview

Submit application online, and then in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• No really any. The interviewer asked a lot about why I decided to do research in his field rather than my original area. They are very related, and I personally did not even see that as a departure from my original area.   Answer Question

Lab Control Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied on March 30th, 2013 and got a call from the lab supervisor in april 2nd week to schedule and interview. I went in an interview the supervisor ask one of her co-worker to give me a tour of laboratory for five mins. the co-worker gave me a tour and introduced me to Senior tech, MPA and other Lab Techs and told me how everything works. She brought me back to supervisor and our interview started. it wasn't a interview interview. I felt it was more like a conversation. She kept saying that i really impressed her with the answers. At the end of the interview when she asked me when i am able to start and pay range. I told her that i am available immediately and about the pay i answered her saying honestly, i have no idea what hospitals pay for the entry level positions so i am open to what you guys offer. And she goes like the answer you gave me really hit me off the right spot. I am impressed. In the closing she told me that it was a really good interview and within a week or less either HR or i will call you. So, after a week i called her back and she goes like i forwarded everything to HR and they will contact you. Does anyone have an idea how the procedure works. I mean i thing i did good in the interview. Can anyone share what they think. Please it would be really helpful because i am so nervous if i will get the offer or not.