Brigham and Women's Hospital

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview Details – Very informal, met with other RAs, the lead on the particular project and the PI. Asking about relevant previous experiences and grades from school.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, was notified by HR to answer a few questions. Went in for an interview with the PI, then met with lab manager and several research fellows. After about a week was contacted by HR again with an offer.

Interview Question – Not many questions were asked of me, it was more of a conversation of things that were going on in the lab and what their research goals were. I believe talking about that with them gave them an understanding of my science knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was right out of college and thrilled just to have a job so I accepted what they offered.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was e-mailed 2 days after applying for the position to set up the interview. Set a date to visit a couple weeks later, but it was moved back a week due to the PI being out of town. Interview was fairly simple: first met with the hiring director, followed by the person currently holding the position, and lastly met with the P.I. All interviewers were friendly, and didn't really ask too many tough questions beyond why I wanted the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in January 2008.

Interview Details – My resume was forwarded to my potential boss from a BWH recruiter and he contacted me directly via email for an interview. The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes and consisted of a review of my past relevant work experience, future goals, and an explanation of how working at the position would benefit myself and how I could be a benefit to the workplace. I was also asked about my hobbies. Afterwards, I was taken on a tour of the lab, and then a tour around the research area to various important buildings. A few hours later, I received an email offering me the job and encouraging me to take the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No, there is no negotiation at initial hire. All credentials are evaluated by HR. There is room for salary negotiation after 1 year of employment. Additionally, an annual 5% salary raise based on evaluation used to occur but stopped in 2010 because of financial concerns in the corporation.

Research Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview Details – Very standard interview process. Phone interview, two rounds of onsite interview, and then wait. Ask regular questions about the basic requirements and things you put on your resume.

Interview Question – I applied to several different labs and they are all different. Basically most of them want to use you as a post-doc rather than an RA, so they might ask are you willing to work over-time blablabla, can you work independently etc.etc. I chose the one that didn't ask such questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Brigham and Women's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!