Brigham and Women's Hospital

Updated Apr 29, 2014

2.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Very informal, met with other RAs, the lead on the particular project and the PI. Asking about relevant previous experiences and grades from school.

Other Interview Reviews for Brigham and Women's Hospital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in August 2010.

Applied online, was notified by HR to answer a few questions. Went in for an interview with the PI, then met with lab manager and several research fellows. After about a week was contacted by HR again with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not many questions were asked of me, it was more of a conversation of things that were going on in the lab and what their research goals were. I believe talking about that with them gave them an understanding of my science knowledge.   Answer Question
    I was right out of college and thrilled just to have a job so I accepted what they offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in April 2012.

I was e-mailed 2 days after applying for the position to set up the interview. Set a date to visit a couple weeks later, but it was moved back a week due to the PI being out of town. Interview was fairly simple: first met with the hiring director, followed by the person currently holding the position, and lastly met with the P.I. All interviewers were friendly, and didn't really ask too many tough questions beyond why I wanted the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in January 2008.

My resume was forwarded to my potential boss from a BWH recruiter and he contacted me directly via email for an interview. The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes and consisted of a review of my past relevant work experience, future goals, and an explanation of how working at the position would benefit myself and how I could be a benefit to the workplace. I was also asked about my hobbies. Afterwards, I was taken on a tour of the lab, and then a tour around the research area to various important buildings. A few hours later, I received an email offering me the job and encouraging me to take the position.

Interview Questions
    No, there is no negotiation at initial hire. All credentials are evaluated by HR. There is room for salary negotiation after 1 year of employment. Additionally, an annual 5% salary raise based on evaluation used to occur but stopped in 2010 because of financial concerns in the corporation.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Very standard interview process. Phone interview, two rounds of onsite interview, and then wait. Ask regular questions about the basic requirements and things you put on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • I applied to several different labs and they are all different. Basically most of them want to use you as a post-doc rather than an RA, so they might ask are you willing to work over-time blablabla, can you work independently etc.etc. I chose the one that didn't ask such questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Brigham and Women's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!