Brigham and Women's Hospital

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted via email to set up an interview. I was living remotely at the time, and they were very open to a Skype interview to avoid travel. The interview was conducted via Skype, and was very straightforward. I essentially walked them through my resume and experiences and answered a few other basic questions. Overall the interviewer was very laid-back and it felt more like a conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Question – What lab techniques are you familiar with? What was your favorite experience/part of college?   Answer Question

Research Technician

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in April 2010.

Interview Details – Quick and asked for specific examples. Whole thing took about 3 weeks. Interviewed with 2 people for about 1 hour and then recieved a call about a week later and accepted.

Interview Question – Give an example of when your integrity was questioned.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Research Technician

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with the Research Tech who'd I would be taking over for. I was asked about what previous research experience... research techniques I was proficient at... my long term plan...what I liked most about research.

In person interview with the PI I was asked the information above as well as what my weakness was.

All in all, typical research technician interview questions.

Interview Question – What excited me about research?   Answer Question

Research Technician

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in April 2012.

Interview Details – I received an email to schedule an interview at the location I'd be working. The interviewer didn't mind that I dressed casual and the conversation was very pleasant and informative. The interview was with the PI that I would be working for and it lasted for about 30 minutes. I was then brought around the lab and introduced to the current research technicians working at the time. Overall, the people seemed really friendly and really tried to help give me a sense of what life would be like working at the lab.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I couldn't negotiate much in terms of when I would start because they needed me to come in for training before the previous technician left. It all depends on the person hiring and what they need. Don't make it too difficult on the employer by requesting too much.

Very Easy Interview

Research Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in July 2008.

Interview Details – Easy, with a tour of the facilities.

Interview Question – Technical experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. This was my first job out of college

Worked for Brigham and Women's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!