Bright Horizons Family Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.6

Lead Pre K Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience from meeting and interviewing with the director and assistant director all the way to the teacher who works in the class!!! I was impressed with the compassion they have for even potential employees. It was a very open and warm atmosphere. They take the time to try to be sure they hire the right person for the position they need to feel and this is extremely important for the families and children as well as coworkers.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the travel here?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email from the recruiter scheduling a phone screening. The phone screening took about 10 mins. It was quite straight forward. The recruited asked some generic questions. Afterwards explained what would happen with my application (go to the school) and they'll schedule another in-person interview later.

Interview Questions

• How was my day, tell me about yourself, tell me about your education background, tell me about your teaching experience. how would you describe yourself as a teacher? how would a past supervisor describe you?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

There was an open house where you have a group interview...then a working interview...then a director interview. They interview questions are 13 pages long. Two people pick a question from each page and write a comment about it.

Infant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email shortly after. I then had a short phone conversation/interview with a recruitement supervisor which was very comfortable and basic. Afterwards a one on one interview was set up a few days out at one of the day cares. The facility was beautiful and all the employees were nice and inviting. The interview was 20 minutes and very comfortable. She was friendly, professional and the questions were all pretty straight foward.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most rewarding and challenging aspect of this job?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmont, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Elmont, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

First I was called by the director, then I came in and interacted with a few of the playrooms (an hour- hour and a half). Then I sat down with director and her assistant. I was able to meet the other teachers and observe as well and interact a little bit with the kids. This was very enjoyable and a good way to see the program first hand for me; it also was a good way for teachers and director and assistant director see me interact in this educational environment.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would like working here? How would you handle an upset parent? What are some activities you would do with 4 year old? two year olds?   1 Answer

Assistant Pre-School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Deerfield Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very smooth. The director actually seemed to care about the school, and the recruiter went above and beyond her job title. I had to go through a few channels to be granted an interview, but that was fine. Showed the company cares. The hiring process was simple. They do request you complete a drug test, two different background screens, etc before beginning, but that's typical. I do wish they had given me the opportunity to have copies of drug tests and background screenings as I did pay for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I requested a certain pay, and was granted a number much lower. I feel like it was not based fairly on experience and education.

Preschool Teacher (Infant Room) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Berkeley, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewers were not organized and They were late for the interview. Both interviewers were snotty, rude and unprofessional. They kept checking on their cell phones, and popping in and out of the room for one reason or another. I was completely turned off.

Interview Questions

• How does all my years experience fit in with the position   1 Answer

Interviewers behavior during interview

Toddler Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I loved every part of my interview! From spending time with the children, helping with lunch, reading stories...it was great. Two person interview, they smiled the entire time and were very engaging! The Coordinator has kept in touch with me through every single process and keeps me updated with everything! I am so excited to begin working there. As soon as you walk in, you are greeted with a smile, the facility is extremely clean, I love how the playground is sectioned off by age groups, everyone I encountered just gave off such positive energy.

Interview Questions

• What do I think toddlers need to promote positive growth?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. The final round was a phone interview with the director and an in person interview with the hiring manager. It was pretty straight forward but I didn't receive an offer.

Toddler Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two person interview, followed by an hour in the classroom to be observed working with the children. They also toured the facility to me and introduced me to most of the staff. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I was asked to come back and do a 3 hour working interview because they weren't sure about me. I still was not offered the position that I applied for, but was still hired with the company. I'm happy that they really try to choose the best person for the job, and still gave me a chance overall.

Interview Questions

• It was a packet of questions. Most were fairly easy, a couple were obvious psychology questions that needed a certain answer. Describe a time when you made mistakes? How would you handle a child doing ___?   Answer Question