Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Updated Jan 5, 2015
Updated Jan 5, 2015

2.7

Assistant Teacher Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

I saw a listing on Craigslist and applied. The HR person emailed me back and said that I was a good candidate and would be calling in a few days - after the holiday. She ended up calling the next day where I could not answer the phone, she also left a message. Then it was like calling someone who owes you money - I called it would go to voicemail, sometimes it rang once, sometimes the mailbox was full - I left two emails and a voice mesage she didnt even get back to me. Then she sent a random email about some open house.

Child Care Associate Teacher Interview

Easy . I was asked questions I was then shown the classrooms and the things that they do everyday I'll show on the poster boards outside the classroom I was introduced to all the teachers with benefits ility I was then called and I did a background check and then I waited and then I started

2 month process

Education Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

First was contacted by the recruitment coordinator for corporate Bright Horizons. She was very nice and helpful and we set up a phone interview. She asked me a lot of fairly easy questions: about how I work with others, my educational philosophy, my background in early childhood education, theorists that had inspired me, etc. She said she was referring me on to the director at the center I was applying for. Received a form email from another recruitment coordinator a few days later with the date and time of a group interview. Wasn't given much advanced notice for the group interview, so I was unable to make it and did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about early childhood educational theorists that inspired me. Made me think but in general it was all pretty straight-forward questions.   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

I applied online and got a call the following day scheduling an interview later in the week. I also received an email requesting references the same day.
    The interview was a little over an hour followed by a tour of the center. They serve children of parents who work for the partner company. It's a unique business model.

Interview Questions
    • There were many "tell me about a time..." Questions. When you encountered a child who was difficult, etc. they asked about my favorite past supervisor and how to handle conflict.   View Answer
    Negotiation involved addressing the care of my children- they only offer care for employee children if there are spots available (reserved employee slots) and if you are full time, so enrolling your kids in the home center is more complicated than traditional daycare models.

Floater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roosevelt Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roosevelt Island, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in December 2014.

The facility is really great. Clean, bright, colorful. The staff was very friendly. My interview was about an hour, followed by a tour, and a sit-in with the toddler class.

Preschool Teacher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in November 2014.

A recruiter contacted me. She was very nice and professional. She set up an interview at a center. They had me fill out the same paperwork three times. I interviewed with another teacher. The director asked questions and the assistant director was present. The interview lasted well over three hours including the classroom observations. The director was reading off a list of questions that I'm sure she got from corporate.

Interview Questions
    I was too afraid to negotiate but I wish I had.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in November 2014.

Asked typical questions about development and social skills, what to do with a shy child , what your views on positive reinforcement and what activities are appropriate for toddlers and pre schoolers. Went into the classroom for observation and how we interact with the children .

Toddler Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I went to the company website to apply for a teacher position. I filled out the application and sign with full name. After that an email was sent confirming my application had been submitted. The next day I received an email from a recruiter for BH. She ask me for good times to contact me for a phone interview and learn about what BH had to offer. I replied with my number and best times to call me. When we spoke she asked me general questions about my day and weather. It seems as though she was trying to get a feel of my communication skills and interpersonal skills.

The interview was about my experience and skills. I was asked if I had completed the child growth and development course at my college? When I'll be interested in starting? Activities I'd do with preschool children. We discussed salary compensation starting pay, and the education I have thus far in ECE. The phone interview lasted betwew 10 to 15 minutes including the 5 minutes of small talk.

At the interview it was an one to one with the director. The typical questions written in the previous reviews were ask. I also asked questions about what I feel is important to know about my emplyerer to learn how she interacts when employees.

The director has great energy. She felt like she understood what it means to be ECE educator. She communicated well and seems like she would be a great team leader.

Interview Questions
    • How would I keep the energy up on days that may be more challenging?   Answer Question
    I was given an offer; I gave a counter, finally was presented with a new higher offer but under what I asked.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Took 6 weeks. Long process and lots of waiting with no communication. Long and exhaustive phone interiew from individual who was not abreast of State requirements for Administrators. Second phone interview from another individual who was equally in the dark about position requirements and was unable to answer my questions. Last interview was too personal and consisted mostly of the regional manager talking at me.

Interview Questions
    • Are you married? How many children do you have? How old are you children?   View Answer
    • I was asked questions about my most recent employer, who was a competitor, such as the name of my supervisor, about her background, and it seemed as if I was being prompted to engage in negative, unproductive dialogue regarding my most recent employer.   View Answer
    Yes. I was initially offered $5,000 below my minimum, however I was able to get the full salary I asked for by declining the offer initially
     They came back and offered to match my current salary. Although I had concerns about the style and culture presented during the interview process, I accepted because I had herd what a great company it was, and I was attracted by all the wonderful benefits dangled in front of me. It turned out the benefits were not exactly as represented, and overall not as good as the company I left. I am now seeking to leave Bright Horizons, due to the lack of professionalism exhibited by the regional ,manager, culture, the shockingly overwhelming amount of paperwork and other demands which are atypical for the industry, and lack of support.

Lead Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

You may do a group interview. If chosen, you may do a second interview with the administrative team, which includes the director and/or assistant director. You may also do a "working interview" in the classroom. Questions are basic and easy if you have current experience and working knowledge of child development and have been a teacher before. Basic situational questions on parent relationships, teamwork, and classroom management will be asked.

Interview Questions
    I was not really able to negotiate.