Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bright Horizons Family Solutions
- Teacher (13)
- Lead Teacher (9)
- Substitute Teacher (8)
- Assistant Teacher (6)
- Preschool Teacher (6)
- Infant Teacher (5)
- Toddler Teacher (5)
- Child Care Associate Teacher (4)
- Floater (3)
- Director (3)
- Assistant Pre-School Teacher (3)
- Pre- School Lead Teacher (2)
- Associate Teacher (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Assistant Director (2)
- Education Coordinator (2)
- Preschool Head Teacher (1)
- Preschool Teacher (Infant Room) (1)
- Business Manager (1)
- A Lead Teacher Position (1)
- Preschool Teacher Aide (1)
- Nursery Nurse (1)
- Toddler Lead Teacher (1)
- Teacher Associate (1)
- Back Up Care Consultant (1)
- Tuition Specialist (1)
- Back-up Preschool Teacher (1)
- Lead Kindergarten Prep Teacher (1)
- Center Nurse (1)
- Lead Pre K (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in May 2015.
I applied online and was contacted via email shortly after. I then had a short phone conversation/interview with a recruitement supervisor which was very comfortable and basic. Afterwards a one on one interview was set up a few days out at one of the day cares. The facility was beautiful and all the employees were nice and inviting. The interview was 20 minutes and very comfortable. She was friendly, professional and the questions were all pretty straight foward.
- What do you think will be the most rewarding and challenging aspect of this job? Answer Question
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Berkeley, CA) in April 2015.
Interviewers were not organized and They were late for the interview. Both interviewers were snotty, rude and unprofessional. They kept checking on their cell phones, and popping in and out of the room for one reason or another. I was completely turned off.
- How does all my years experience fit in with the position 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
Interviewers behavior during interview
Helpful (4)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in July 2014.
Probably one to worst experiences I've ever had with a rude interviewer and I chose to end it after that step because there was no way I was going to work for someone who represented the company in such a fashion. She straight out admitted she hadn't read my resume and was "forced" to call because the boss put it on her "things to do list". I'm also okay with early phone calls but this was WELL before 7:30 in the morning. She goes on to ask me about my health certifications in first aid, CPR, etc. Went on to say "well first aid and defibrillator training aren't the same thing?" Yup, no better way to start your morning.
- All were to be expected Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Interviewer had no knowledge of position and I would not want to work for a company who presents themselves in that fashion
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.
Once an online or paper application is submitted, it is then forwarded to the area recruiter who will follow up with a phone interview. Once the applicant passes the phone interview, there will be a traditional interview, a working interview, where the applicant works with the prospective position and the children. Once that interview is passed, it is up to management to decide whether to make an offer or not.
- There are some scenarios that were presented to me that I had never been through and I was asked to provide insight into solving the problems that the scenario talked about. I could not at the time but have learned the answer to the question since. Answer Question
Fairly simple. I was coming in with little experience so I was offered a low rate.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Iowa City, IA) in August 2011.
The questions were very detailed oriented and more about whether or not I had experience in working with children as well as what my best qualities are.
- Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it? Answer Question
Nothing was negotiable.
- No Offer
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.
Both regional hiring personelle I talked to did get back to me eventually, and were very courteous.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review