Bright Horizons Family Solutions
www.brighthorizons.com Watertown, MA 5000+ Employees

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Substitute Teacher Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 11, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in September 2011.

Interview Details – I originally found the job advertisement on craigslist. Called given number for initial phone interview. "Passed" that interview and was told to visit the nearest center for a face-to-face interview, with 3 references listed. I was surprised that they contacted ALL of my references. After the references were all confirmed I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Questions not very difficult or unexpected. Overall asking about experience with children, how to resolve conflict among the children, etc. After the interview the director will make you sit-in on a class for about 20 mins, and during this time you should be outgoing and actively watching and participating with the kids, as this is an additional part of the interview process.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview Details – I applied at a career fair at my school and got the interview right away. Got an interview over the phone and after that I needed to come to talk with the Director. It was pretty straightforward

South San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in November 2012.

Interview Details – First was an evening group interview. Overview of company and positions were given. Directors came out to greet us and we broke up into groups and toured the site. After the tour, we sat in one of the lobby areas and began another small group interview. It was 4 of us with one director, and she asked each of us a few questions. The director seemed very sweet, like the type of person you'd expect to work with children - happy tone, always smiling, etc. The women interviewing with me were both young & old (2 under 30 & 2 over 30).

Interview Question – What would I hope to achieve while working there?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was fine for me. I had originally applied for a full-time teaching position, but was offered a Substitute position. I asked about the hours and was told while there's no guarantee for hours, most subs end up working almost everyday. Took my chances, and have worked pretty steadily ever since.

La Jolla, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in June 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and was contacted by the recruitment center within two days by email to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, my information was passed on to the director of the nearest hiring center. That center contacted me within a week to make an in person, 2:1 interview. I really wanted to work for this company and spent a lot of time reading up on their philosophies and mission statements, but neither of those areas were discussed in the interview. After the interview, I never heard back from anyone at this company ever again.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best boss/manager you've ever had and why.   Answer Question
  • Describe the worst boss/manager you've ever had and why.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Worked for Bright Horizons Family Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Videos

Bright Horizons Family Solutions – Why Work for Us?

Bright Horizons Family Solutions® is a leading provider of early education and preschools, employer-sponsored child care, back-up care, educational advisory services and other work/life solutions. We strive to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bright Horizons Family Solutions Substitute Teacher interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bright Horizons Family Solutions employees and interview candidates.