Bright House Networks

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.8

Business Solutions Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

interviewed at Bright House Networks in December 2014.

I went directly to the website to apply, then after 2 or 3 days, I received an email telling me to complete online application, then i was given a call from recruiter (who may or may not ask you interview type questions), then he will decide to set you up for an Interview (the BIG day).

The Interview is held at Hilton Hotel, After the General Introduction, you will wait in the front lobby and wait to be called in for the interview, also you may be interviewed with multiple people in the same room at the same time (this is how we where interviewed), not as bad as it sounds though. If all goes well, you are taken to meet the Department Manager who will ask you about 4 - 5 more simple questions, then if that goes well, your offered the position same day.

Tips: Dress to Impress (This is important), Bring a Folder with 2 or 3 copies of your Resume (They already have copies, but bring it anyway). Know Your Stuff, Be Confident!

Interview Questions
    • What is DHCP, DNS, Dual-Band Router, Hunt Group, etc. And you will be asked Non-Technical Customer Support Related Questions.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bright House Networks in November 2014.

I'm going to make this as straight forward as possible so this review helps people obtain the job. It will be a group interview. SHOW UP EARLY. They do not make you communicate with each other, you will not have to speak in front of a crowd or anything nerve racking like that. Bring a notepad, your credentials, and 4 copies of a resume that you submitted to them. (I wasn't asked for anything, however I did demonstrate that I brought it). They watch you the entire time you're interacting during the information seminar. you will be interviewed 2-3 times face to face. Then they will make their offer to you on the spot. If they do not offer you have not obtained the position.

Interview Questions
    I was offered the maximum starting rate due to my experience, i did not have to negotiate. However from what i noticed with other people obtaining lower offers than mine (privacy was an issue here) they met in the middle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bright House Networks in November 2014.

I applied online 2 min later they sent me an email to complete online app then 2 min later they sent me another email with Two assessment test next day got a call for phone interview then called for group interview went to interview it was 15 ppl their watched slide show about company then interviewed individually I asked would they let us know if we got the job after interview they told me no so hopefully in about 2wks I know if I got the job

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had a difficult time with customer   Answer Question

Business Solutions Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bright House Networks in November 2014.

I applied on the BHN website and received a call from a recruiter from Manpower who gave me a 20 minute interview asking a series of technical and customer service based questions. I then got an offer to move onto the next round which took place at a local hotel. It was a group session where they gave a 30 minute presentation about the company then had individual interviews where they ask a series of technical and customer service related questions (almost identical to the phone interview questions). I was then moved along to a final interview with the head of the department who asked me 2 or 3 more goal oriented questions then gave the go ahead to hire me. All of the managers were very friendly and easy to converse with. Entire process took 2-3 hours. They also require a drug screen and background check which takes an extra week to confirm.

Interview Questions
    • Define networking terms such as channels, frequencies, WLAN, Subnet, SMTP, router, modem, port forwarding, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, ethernet, coaxial, hunt group, etc. and know how to apply each in a problem/solution scenario.   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate salary or schedule. They expect you to be a top performer in order to advance and choose the schedule you want.

Customer Retention Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bright House Networks.

It was a group information class at first then I interviewed with the supervisor, then he had me wait to meet with his boss, then another one with his boss, and finally back with the recruiter who offered me the position. ;-) started at 8:30am and I walked out at 11:30. Didn't feel like it took that long.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know more about me and asked me a lot about myself.   View Answer
    No BC I was happy with the start off pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bright House Networks in August 2014.

Applied online, not even 5 minutes later submitting the app, i got a call about my resume i submitted. He told me about the job and emailed me an assessment to take. Assessment was pretty easy, thought i bombed the typing test because i don't type that fast, maybe like 25-30 wpm. A week later had a phone interview with recruiter, pretty basic, asked 2 STAR questions and a lot of other questions that are mainly yes or no. Same day, got a call 30 minutes later to schedule a group session which just gave an overview of the company and the position. There were about 15 of us interview 1 by 1 with different people. Asked to sell a pen and about 5 or 6 STAR questions lasted about 30-50 minutes. Then proceed to interview with the director which was a quick interview about 5 minutes, just asked basic questions mainly yes or no and why should we hire you, i felt rushed because she was talking so fast like she had somewhere to go. Then she thanked me and had me fill out background check form and drug testing form. So therefore i got the job. Overall pleasant experience, kinda felt like they hired all 15 of us just to have yes in the upcoming trading class in which i overheard the mangers saying that they need to fill 130 seats for October so lucky me.....

Interview Questions
    • Sell this pen   View Answer
    • Time when you went above and beyond. Time you dealt with difficult customer. Why should we hire you.   Answer Question
    Started at 11 something, don't remember. No negotiation because i really needed a job change.

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bright House Networks in June 2014.

Had a brief phone interview with HR person and then 1 hour face to face interview both with the on the floor manager and the head of the sale department. .

$12/hr

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bright House Networks in June 2014.

Phone interview regarding sales, troubleshoot issue, sales and promotions. Explained of company benefits, pay schedule, medical/dental benefits and general information about them. Sounds like great atmosphere and environment to work in. Mentioned about different schedules and how different departments work together to resolve common issues.

Schedule was odd

General/Inbound Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bright House Networks.

my town had a job fair and the hr was there and gave me the opportunity to apply last minute and gave me an interview i was the last one hired out of 500 interviews

Interview Questions
    • why would you like to work for our company?   View Answer
    do not take the job if this is the only income thats going in to your home most likely my situation will happen to other waste of time

Supervisor Interview

It is quite lengthy and will take 3-4 interviews. If the company is interested in you the process moves smothly and quickly. If the company choses to go with a different candidate it may take several weeks to get a response for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you had a dispute or disagreement with your Manager or Director and how was it resolved?   Answer Question