Bright House Networks

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Solutions Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

interviewed at Bright House Networks in December 2014.

I went directly to the website to apply, then after 2 or 3 days, I received an email telling me to complete online application, then i was given a call from recruiter (who may or may not ask you interview type questions), then he will decide to set you up for an Interview (the BIG day).

The Interview is held at Hilton Hotel, After the General Introduction, you will wait in the front lobby and wait to be called in for the interview, also you may be interviewed with multiple people in the same room at the same time (this is how we where interviewed), not as bad as it sounds though. If all goes well, you are taken to meet the Department Manager who will ask you about 4 - 5 more simple questions, then if that goes well, your offered the position same day.

Tips: Dress to Impress (This is important), Bring a Folder with 2 or 3 copies of your Resume (They already have copies, but bring it anyway). Know Your Stuff, Be Confident!

Interview Questions
    • What is DHCP, DNS, Dual-Band Router, Hunt Group, etc. And you will be asked Non-Technical Customer Support Related Questions.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation.

Business Solutions Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bright House Networks in November 2014.

I applied on the BHN website and received a call from a recruiter from Manpower who gave me a 20 minute interview asking a series of technical and customer service based questions. I then got an offer to move onto the next round which took place at a local hotel. It was a group session where they gave a 30 minute presentation about the company then had individual interviews where they ask a series of technical and customer service related questions (almost identical to the phone interview questions). I was then moved along to a final interview with the head of the department who asked me 2 or 3 more goal oriented questions then gave the go ahead to hire me. All of the managers were very friendly and easy to converse with. Entire process took 2-3 hours. They also require a drug screen and background check which takes an extra week to confirm.

Interview Questions
    • Define networking terms such as channels, frequencies, WLAN, Subnet, SMTP, router, modem, port forwarding, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, ethernet, coaxial, hunt group, etc. and know how to apply each in a problem/solution scenario.   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate salary or schedule. They expect you to be a top performer in order to advance and choose the schedule you want.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bright House Networks in August 2014.

Applied online, not even 5 minutes later submitting the app, i got a call about my resume i submitted. He told me about the job and emailed me an assessment to take. Assessment was pretty easy, thought i bombed the typing test because i don't type that fast, maybe like 25-30 wpm. A week later had a phone interview with recruiter, pretty basic, asked 2 STAR questions and a lot of other questions that are mainly yes or no. Same day, got a call 30 minutes later to schedule a group session which just gave an overview of the company and the position. There were about 15 of us interview 1 by 1 with different people. Asked to sell a pen and about 5 or 6 STAR questions lasted about 30-50 minutes. Then proceed to interview with the director which was a quick interview about 5 minutes, just asked basic questions mainly yes or no and why should we hire you, i felt rushed because she was talking so fast like she had somewhere to go. Then she thanked me and had me fill out background check form and drug testing form. So therefore i got the job. Overall pleasant experience, kinda felt like they hired all 15 of us just to have yes in the upcoming trading class in which i overheard the mangers saying that they need to fill 130 seats for October so lucky me.....

Interview Questions
    • Sell this pen   View Answer
    • Time when you went above and beyond. Time you dealt with difficult customer. Why should we hire you.   Answer Question
    Started at 11 something, don't remember. No negotiation because i really needed a job change.

Service Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bright House Networks.

In House career fair for initial contact, followed by interview with one Manager. Received phone call for second interview with Manager and two Supervisors. Three weeks after initial application, started working.

Interview Questions
    • Moral based question about how you would act in a given situation.   View Answer
    Easy. Offered $10 an hour. asked for $12, settled on $11.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bright House Networks in March 2013.

Was given a phone interview for technical questions and then went onsite. The building and atmosphere was great and everyone was nice. The leadership team that interviewed me was pleasant and offered me a drink. They also started the interview with asking me about my hobbies and eased into the questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you could talk to anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Bright House Networks in May 2011.

Standard phone interview which led to a group interview(3 supervisors) a week later. The way the group interview was ran made me feel like I was being considered for the CEO position. Keep in mind that they pay barely more then $10.00 an hour for this job which is just a CSR position. They never even bothered to send me a reject email, just silence. They must have a lot of turnover since they have continually run this job posting for months now.... They're picky because they can be in this economy, even with the slave wages they pay.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between a feature and a benefit?   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bright House Networks in April 2011.

Very informal. Met with department head, talked for 30 minutes and left. Very cold interview process, gave no indication of whether interview was going well or not. Keep that in mind should you decide to accept employment as company is overly sterile.

Interview Questions
    come in high, as BHN typically pays much lower than other companies. Okay to talk money on second interview.

Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bright House Networks in September 2010.

Filled out application, received general e-mail. Was called by supervisor two days later, after a quick phone interview, we scheduled a 1:1 interview for the next day. The interview took about an hour where we discussed my resume.

Interview Questions
    • With CAT5 networking experience, how would you rate your familiarity on the following:   View Answer