BrightLine Market Research Associate Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Market Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BrightLine in May 2011.

I met with an employee at a Career Fair and was invited to a 1:1 interview. After discussing my background and desire to work for this company, I was told my information would be forwarded to HR at the office in New York. I received a request quickly from HR that they wanted me to complete a research project to assess my abilities. I received notification after about two weeks after my submission that they would like to have me come into the office. I had to drive for 5 hours and get a hotel at my own expense.

When I arrived for the interview I was greeted by an interviewer who seemed more interested in bragging about the company and her position than listening to me. She seemed highly unprepared and told me the position I was interviewing for didn't actually exist. I was confused why I had spent so much time and money to visit a company that didn't have a position for me? The next person I interviewed with was more intent on telling me stories from her recent vacation than interviewing me.

I sent four emails thanking them for their time and wondering when a decision would be made, but there was no response. I requested a read confirmation so I know all my emails were read, but I was purposely ignored. All in all, I am upset that this ended in such an unprofessional manner. I spent a lot of time, money and effort attempting to gain employment at this company and I feel like the least they could have done was send me a generic rejection letter.

Interview Questions
  • So what can I tell you about Brightline?   View Answer

Worked for BrightLine? Contribute to the Community!