BrightStar Care Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2014

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

Applied on-line and was called a week later. Quick phone interview. Went in for interview with owner and nurse case manager. Just idle chit chat for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • No real interview questions. New office so maybe there are still not too well organized. Owner has no knowledge of healthcare. This kind of scared me.   Answer Question

Staffing Coordinator Interview

I submitted an application/resume online, and was called by the owner for an interview. I had two interviews, and met the other office staff. It was more of a conversation and getting to know you kind of interview. They were looking for a good personality match in the office as much as the skills needed.

Interview Questions
    • What was an unexpected incident while you were working, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at BrightStar Care in March 2014.

BrightStar is a franchise my experience is limited to the Minneapolis, MN operation. BrightStar here inn Minneapolis, MN found my resume on line and asked me into interview. They explained their work well, temporary, contract and homecare openings. I was offered a position without much of a process, I believe they will pretty much hire anyone who can pass a background and drug screen. I was troubled by their request for a physical exam which I believe to be illegal. An employer may only ask for medical information that is relevant to job function and may only do so after a conditional offer is extended. BrightStar requested that I provide them a copy of a recent physical, which could include a great deal of irrelevant information, and asked my to bring it to the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked the standard interview questions. "Describe a challenging situation you have been in at work and how you handled it." "Describe an accomplishment you've been proud of in your work"   Answer Question

I felt that while it may have been unintentional and non-malicious their request for me to provide a physical exam crossed an ethical line I am uncomfortable with. I rely on my employer to understand what they are doing, apparently BrightStar here in Minneapolis has a few lessons to learn.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gastonia, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gastonia, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BrightStar Care.

They hire anyone and everyone with or without experience...family beware...they send untrained peolpe into your homes.

There was none

Staff Nurse (RN), Home Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at BrightStar Care in August 2013.

Was called and set up an interview in the office. After some informal chat, and having been familiar with agencies the receptionist- hiring manager -took copies of all the Id's I had at the time and told me of the hiring procedure. Then I had an interview with the other manager and it was like talking with my brother. Maybe knowing that a nurse license is required and that I have already been put through the mill with the MA. nursing board to get my license in the first place helped. Therefore the hiring process was quite fast and mainly focused on getting the required documentation. Other things were a PD test and physical at the MD's office that took the longest due to scheduling

Interview Questions
    He was very willing to up the salary with my experience.

CNA/PCT/CAREGIVER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BrightStar Care in January 2013.

The interview is very laid back and easy. No hassle at all. just lots of paper work.

they ask that you are super nice and have a great background in care. Tell them a good story about how you took care of your grandmother when she was sick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Stroudsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Stroudsburg, PA

I applied online - interviewed at BrightStar Care in December 2012.

I have had several interviews during the course of the past several months. I have actually been hired in a couple of these places but they don't call with any work.
    The interviewing process for me is quite easy, and I'm generally relaxed. The questions asked during the interview are almost always the same and very predictable. I just try to be myself, and be honest. Taking a genuine interest in the company and what you do is key.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at BrightStar Care.

They do a quick phone interview- ask why you became an LPN?what do you know about the company?what are your strengths?

Then they have you come in for an office interview-they ask if you drive? what type of client's you've worked with? they check out your appearance:/

Then they have you come in for 6 hours of listening to the owner entertain an audience, I think she is lonely, not to be mean but she went on about none work related stories for like an hour. I didn't get paid for this time so I was mad. They do a hands on exam like vitals etc.Then, the owner quickly runs through the HR forms and doesn't give you time to read anything and won't give you copies of what you sign. I noticed the owner telling the ladies in the group to take off their fake nails, cover up their tattoos and leave the jewelry for parties.

Interview Questions
    • Do you drive? or are you on public transportation?   View Answer
    They tell you how much you are going to make once they give you an assignment. I got between 20 and 22 hourly.

Licensed Practical Nurse Home Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at BrightStar Care in August 2011.

Bring in current license, CPR card

Interview Questions
    There was none, I got what I got take it or leave it

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at BrightStar Care in May 2011.

Walk-in with the management. Sat down with me and asked me some basic background questions regarding experience, professional conduct, situational handling, and then went into a question/answer format with my inquiries for the company.

Advice to people in this situation:
    1. Have all your questions written before you walk in to meet them! Ex: when was the company founded? Why did they decide to enter this type of field? How long have they worked in this type of field? What are the salaries expected to be like? What kind of clientele are they specializing in? etc.)

2. Have all necessary paperwork (driver's license, social security, first aid/CPR certification, etc) handy when you walk in to meet them.

3. Even if you don't have the nicest of clothes, make the clothes you do have look as presentable as you can!

4. Shave/cut hair to look your best before even stepping foot in the office (they want to know how well you can represent their company).

5. Research the company you are applying for before going in, and take special observation of the environment/person interviewing you! (If the place seems fast paced, then they might have a really hectic schedule. If they seem in a hurry, be honest as you can and as straight to the point as possible! Nobody likes to go in circles or go on tangents when they have a lot of things to do!)

6. Eat a good breakfast and relax! It'll help you think straight and make them less nervous about the whole interview process!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a someone known to have an aggressive behavior in the work environment?   View Answer
    Negotiating is like bidding at a flea market. You go a little higher than the normal and work your way down to where you both feel comfortable! If you have something that is guaranteed better salary or benefits, don't take the job. If you need the extra cash, just be sure you know what you are getting into!

Worked for BrightStar Care? Contribute to the Community!