BrightStar Care Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.0

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BrightStar Care (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

50 nursing assistant questions test Interview with RN-includes skills test Interview with owner After which you fill out paperwork and submit documentation. There is also an orientation where you watch videos and have questions answered by care coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bright Star Who referred you. How did you get into this line of care   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BrightStar Care (Gurnee, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Just a series of questions to eliminate the candidate. CEO is arrogant and dismissive, no matter how qualified and experienced you may be. Do not agree to phone interviews. If this is the setup, you are already not a serious candidate in her mind, and she will engage in a game of "gotcha" until she hears some small thing to seize on to insult you. Lasted no more than half an hour. Very disrespectful.

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BrightStar Care in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy going. I applied via a job website, and was contacted by the owner that Monday. Set up a in-person interview. We spoke for about 1 hour, where he asked me about my experience. He was artful in weaving in the questions that I didn't even feel like it was an interview, just me talking about my experiences. He took me to meet the office staff, and it was a friendly environment. I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your co-workers, what would be the good and bad things they would say about your work experience.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process is simple and straightforward. We want to know the obvious experience. Key element, are you a team player. Be prepared to explain how you have gone above and beyond to exhibit a passion for customer service. Drug testing and reference checks are required in addition to a background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have gone above and beyond to exhibit a passion for customer service.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BrightStar Care in November 2014.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter, he was slightly misinformed about the case I will be working. Had to fill out a lot of paperwork, including 5 quizzes of nursing knowledge. RN had ultimate call of whether or not I would be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation, what they offer you is what you get.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BrightStar Care (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

You go to their office and sit down and talk to one of the managers there very polite extremely professional you get to meet with the president of the branch and they do test you on your ability to take manual vital signs and transfer patients in the office

Interview Questions

• Can you take manual vital signs   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't negotiate base pay at all.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Interview

Applied on-line and was called a week later. Quick phone interview. Went in for interview with owner and nurse case manager. Just idle chit chat for an hour.

Interview Questions

• No real interview questions. New office so maybe there are still not too well organized. Owner has no knowledge of healthcare. This kind of scared me.   1 Answer

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Interview

I submitted an application/resume online, and was called by the owner for an interview. I had two interviews, and met the other office staff. It was more of a conversation and getting to know you kind of interview. They were looking for a good personality match in the office as much as the skills needed.

Interview Questions

• What was an unexpected incident while you were working, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BrightStar Care (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

BrightStar is a franchise my experience is limited to the Minneapolis, MN operation. BrightStar here inn Minneapolis, MN found my resume on line and asked me into interview. They explained their work well, temporary, contract and homecare openings. I was offered a position without much of a process, I believe they will pretty much hire anyone who can pass a background and drug screen. I was troubled by their request for a physical exam which I believe to be illegal. An employer may only ask for medical information that is relevant to job function and may only do so after a conditional offer is extended. BrightStar requested that I provide them a copy of a recent physical, which could include a great deal of irrelevant information, and asked my to bring it to the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard interview questions. "Describe a challenging situation you have been in at work and how you handled it." "Describe an accomplishment you've been proud of in your work"   Answer Question

I felt that while it may have been unintentional and non-malicious their request for me to provide a physical exam crossed an ethical line I am uncomfortable with. I rely on my employer to understand what they are doing, apparently BrightStar here in Minneapolis has a few lessons to learn.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BrightStar Care (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview three days later a return call to set up a office interview. Asked to bring car insurance TB test License. Simple, Basic CNA questions. Discussed pay requirements, Past experiences and things I would be uncomfortable with such as smoking and pets.

Interview Questions

• Moral questions. What would you do if?   1 Answer
    • What would I consider to be my strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Locations of clients not in line with advertisement. Applied in one county but asked to work in another county