BrightStar Care

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

1.7

Branch Manager Interview

Interview process is simple and straightforward. We want to know the obvious experience. Key element, are you a team player. Be prepared to explain how you have gone above and beyond to exhibit a passion for customer service. Drug testing and reference checks are required in addition to a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have gone above and beyond to exhibit a passion for customer service.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BrightStar Care in November 2014.

Spoke with recruiter, he was slightly misinformed about the case I will be working. Had to fill out a lot of paperwork, including 5 quizzes of nursing knowledge. RN had ultimate call of whether or not I would be hired.

Interview Questions
    There really was no negotiation, what they offer you is what you get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

Applied on-line and was called a week later. Quick phone interview. Went in for interview with owner and nurse case manager. Just idle chit chat for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • No real interview questions. New office so maybe there are still not too well organized. Owner has no knowledge of healthcare. This kind of scared me.   Answer Question

Staffing Coordinator Interview

I submitted an application/resume online, and was called by the owner for an interview. I had two interviews, and met the other office staff. It was more of a conversation and getting to know you kind of interview. They were looking for a good personality match in the office as much as the skills needed.

Interview Questions
    • What was an unexpected incident while you were working, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BrightStar Care in March 2014.

BrightStar is a franchise my experience is limited to the Minneapolis, MN operation. BrightStar here inn Minneapolis, MN found my resume on line and asked me into interview. They explained their work well, temporary, contract and homecare openings. I was offered a position without much of a process, I believe they will pretty much hire anyone who can pass a background and drug screen. I was troubled by their request for a physical exam which I believe to be illegal. An employer may only ask for medical information that is relevant to job function and may only do so after a conditional offer is extended. BrightStar requested that I provide them a copy of a recent physical, which could include a great deal of irrelevant information, and asked my to bring it to the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked the standard interview questions. "Describe a challenging situation you have been in at work and how you handled it." "Describe an accomplishment you've been proud of in your work"   Answer Question

I felt that while it may have been unintentional and non-malicious their request for me to provide a physical exam crossed an ethical line I am uncomfortable with. I rely on my employer to understand what they are doing, apparently BrightStar here in Minneapolis has a few lessons to learn.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gastonia, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gastonia, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BrightStar Care.

They hire anyone and everyone with or without experience...family beware...they send untrained peolpe into your homes.

There was none

Staff Nurse (RN), Home Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BrightStar Care in August 2013.

Was called and set up an interview in the office. After some informal chat, and having been familiar with agencies the receptionist- hiring manager -took copies of all the Id's I had at the time and told me of the hiring procedure. Then I had an interview with the other manager and it was like talking with my brother. Maybe knowing that a nurse license is required and that I have already been put through the mill with the MA. nursing board to get my license in the first place helped. Therefore the hiring process was quite fast and mainly focused on getting the required documentation. Other things were a PD test and physical at the MD's office that took the longest due to scheduling

Interview Questions
    He was very willing to up the salary with my experience.

CNA/PCT/CAREGIVER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BrightStar Care in January 2013.

The interview is very laid back and easy. No hassle at all. just lots of paper work.

they ask that you are super nice and have a great background in care. Tell them a good story about how you took care of your grandmother when she was sick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Stroudsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Stroudsburg, PA

I applied online – interviewed at BrightStar Care in December 2012.

I have had several interviews during the course of the past several months. I have actually been hired in a couple of these places but they don't call with any work.
    The interviewing process for me is quite easy, and I'm generally relaxed. The questions asked during the interview are almost always the same and very predictable. I just try to be myself, and be honest. Taking a genuine interest in the company and what you do is key.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at BrightStar Care.

They do a quick phone interview- ask why you became an LPN?what do you know about the company?what are your strengths?

Then they have you come in for an office interview-they ask if you drive? what type of client's you've worked with? they check out your appearance:/

Then they have you come in for 6 hours of listening to the owner entertain an audience, I think she is lonely, not to be mean but she went on about none work related stories for like an hour. I didn't get paid for this time so I was mad. They do a hands on exam like vitals etc.Then, the owner quickly runs through the HR forms and doesn't give you time to read anything and won't give you copies of what you sign. I noticed the owner telling the ladies in the group to take off their fake nails, cover up their tattoos and leave the jewelry for parties.

Interview Questions
    • Do you drive? or are you on public transportation?   View Answer
    They tell you how much you are going to make once they give you an assignment. I got between 20 and 22 hourly.