BrightTALK

BrightTALK Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BrightTALK.

Smooth and professional process from scheduling to transparency. I met 6 people in two separate sessions and had a few follow up chats. The HR manager and hiring manager were in constant contact with me and set and met expectations about when I'd hear from them.

My interviewers left time for me to ask questions and spent a good deal of time explaining the opportunity and need they had as well as their business and value proposition, which was extremely helpful in making a decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would I plan and execute a large professional event.   Answer Question

Marketing Operation Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BrightTALK.

Had the first round of interview with a HR manager at BrightTALK in Octorber 2014. The HR manager was 20 minutes late for the scheduled phone interview (compared with what happened next this wasn't that bad). She came pretty unprepared, as it took her quite a while to throw the first question out. When she asked common phone screen questions, such as why you want to leave your current company, what your daily responsibilities are, and what you have achieved in the current role etc., I could hear her yawning on the other side of the phone (brilliant!). And then she asked me the question of salary expectation. Based on my experience and advice from coaches, i tried not to answer the question but to redirector the focus to something more important at the beginning of the interview process. However, she literally said she would not pass my resume to the hiring manager if i couldn't give her a number. And she further explained that they never hired this role before so no qualifications mattered that much but the salary range. I really appreciated her honesty, so i gave her an exaggerated number and let the conversation die in silence. Great company, huh?

Interview Questions
    • answering questions while the interviewer was yawning was very difficult to deal with; knowing that i had to reveal my salary expectation in the very first interview with the company otherwise i wouldn't be passed to the hiring manager didn't make me feel better at the end.   Answer Question

Video Producer Interview

The process was pretty straightforward and everyone was very nice but I do not feel that it was handled very well. They did not have a recruiter so some of the information was hard to come by. I had a couple of phone interviews and then on-site interviews. The on-site interviews went poorly. Two of the interviewers were not prepared and one was in a rush to get back to whatever he was doing.

Event Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BrightTALK.

Found the position posted on LinkedIn, and after researching the company, sent in my resume. I was contacted within 24 hours to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very positive, and but not overly lengthy or hard. It was definitely more of a first step than any hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a hard question or anything unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BrightTALK in September 2013.

The hiring process is very thorough. If you're interviewing for a sales position expect to meet with more than half of the team (usually 4-6 different team members are a part of the process) and get an excellent feel for the types of people who work here. The interviews usually happen within a few days of each other, with half of them happening in the first round, the second half happening in the second round. After that, the offer is usually made.

no nego

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BrightTALK in November 2011.

1. Phone interview
    2. 1:1 interview with CMO, Sr. Marketing Manager, and Sales Executive.
    3. 2nd phone interview with an alternate Sales Executive
    4. 2nd 1:1 interview with CEO and Accounts Director

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in Sales?   Answer Question
    • (From your resume) Describe why you did what you did.
      ex. Why did you go to this school?

Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BrightTALK in November 2010.

It starts with a phone interview with the CMO and then they asked me to come in a day or two after for an in person interview. I interviewed with 4 people, including the CEO. I'd say the interview with the CEO is the most nerve wrecking as he doesn't ask normal interview questions. He tries to analyze you by asking you why you made the decisions you've made, like why did you decide to go to this school, why this major, why this city, just lots of whys, which caught me off guard because I was not prepared for those questions. The interview with the CMO on the other hand was quite easy and quite conversational. She wanted to know more about you as a person and less on experience, which I thought was a little weird as well since this is a marketing position, so i thought she'd have tougher questions..