BrightTALK Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BrightTALK (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to set up a phone interview. During my conversation with the recruiter, it was clear that the position wasn't a good fit for me, but she discussed another freelance role that I was potentially interested in. She invited me to meet some staff in person the following week and asked me to send her my availability. I did, she said she would be back in touch in a few days. The following week I received a template e-mail stating that BrightTALK was looking at other candidates. I really did not appreciate the deceit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Long, long and long. All told I spent a total of 24 actual hours skyping, in person meeting, and teleconferencing with various members of the team. It wasn't necessarily hard, just very drawn out. In the end I realized that every person that I met with seemed to have a different opinion or goal for the role.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very energetic and fun experience. The office is open and bright with a nice kitchen and lots of meeting rooms. Everyone wanted to get to know me and find out what makes me tick. Met with a lot of different departments - they operate as a whole and very communicative within. Very knowledgable and experienced staff - passionate about product!!

Interview Questions

• How past job will help you be successful at BrightTALK   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for this role

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BrightTALK.

Interview

Smooth and professional process from scheduling to transparency. I met 6 people in two separate sessions and had a few follow up chats. The HR manager and hiring manager were in constant contact with me and set and met expectations about when I'd hear from them. My interviewers left time for me to ask questions and spent a good deal of time explaining the opportunity and need they had as well as their business and value proposition, which was extremely helpful in making a decision.

Interview Questions

• How would I plan and execute a large professional event.   1 Answer

Marketing Operation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK.

Interview

Had the first round of interview with a HR manager at BrightTALK in Octorber 2014. The HR manager was 20 minutes late for the scheduled phone interview (compared with what happened next this wasn't that bad). She came pretty unprepared, as it took her quite a while to throw the first question out. When she asked common phone screen questions, such as why you want to leave your current company, what your daily responsibilities are, and what you have achieved in the current role etc., I could hear her yawning on the other side of the phone (brilliant!). And then she asked me the question of salary expectation. Based on my experience and advice from coaches, i tried not to answer the question but to redirector the focus to something more important at the beginning of the interview process. However, she literally said she would not pass my resume to the hiring manager if i couldn't give her a number. And she further explained that they never hired this role before so no qualifications mattered that much but the salary range. I really appreciated her honesty, so i gave her an exaggerated number and let the conversation die in silence. Great company, huh?

Interview Questions

• answering questions while the interviewer was yawning was very difficult to deal with; knowing that i had to reveal my salary expectation in the very first interview with the company otherwise i wouldn't be passed to the hiring manager didn't make me feel better at the end.   Answer Question

Video Producer Interview

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward and everyone was very nice but I do not feel that it was handled very well. They did not have a recruiter so some of the information was hard to come by. I had a couple of phone interviews and then on-site interviews. The on-site interviews went poorly. Two of the interviewers were not prepared and one was in a rush to get back to whatever he was doing.

Event Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BrightTALK.

Interview

Found the position posted on LinkedIn, and after researching the company, sent in my resume. I was contacted within 24 hours to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very positive, and but not overly lengthy or hard. It was definitely more of a first step than any hard questions.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a hard question or anything unexpected.   Answer Question

Community Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

1. Phone screen with future manager 2. Five 1-on-1 interviews with 3 managers, 1 colleague and 1 VP 3. Received an offer over the phone The process was pretty well organized. I applied online, received an email to schedule a phone screen. After the phone screen, I received instructions to complete a writing sample before the in-person interview. The in-person consisted of five 30-minute sessions. The VP gave me a verbal offer (as he was my last interview). I received a call later that week and started the week following that. ~2 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Q: What does BrightTALK do? Q: Why BrightTALK? Q: What is marketing to you? Q: What's important to make you successful at work?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is very thorough. If you're interviewing for a sales position expect to meet with more than half of the team (usually 4-6 different team members are a part of the process) and get an excellent feel for the types of people who work here. The interviews usually happen within a few days of each other, with half of them happening in the first round, the second half happening in the second round. After that, the offer is usually made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no nego

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

1. Phone interview 2. 1:1 interview with CMO, Sr. Marketing Manager, and Sales Executive. 3. 2nd phone interview with an alternate Sales Executive 4. 2nd 1:1 interview with CEO and Accounts Director

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Sales?   Answer Question
    • (From your resume) Describe why you did what you did. ex. Why did you go to this school?   Answer Question