BrightWire Interview Questions

3.1

Writer/Reporter - Europe Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BrightWire (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I met BrightWire on campus following a career expo. There were three interviews, two very hard technical interviews with a case study. The case study examined my language fluency and writing ability. They also asked a lot about ambition and personal ambition.

Smart people, innovative ideas, seemed really likable. Seemed also very young.

Interview Questions

• They dive into whatever you talk about and get very technical very quickly. Lots of topical questions for the region I was interviewing. Ex: How has the ECB easing of monetary policy affected currency rates in China.   1 Answer

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BrightWire in January 2013.

Interview

Writing test / language test

Chinese Global Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BrightWire (Newark, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Had a case study in Chinese and two 1:1 behavioral interviews. The company seems pretty cool, but the interviewers seemed to lack much personality, which made me not want to work there. Company is moving to Manhattan in a month or so.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a class you've taken that you've found interesting and tell me about it.   Answer Question

Global Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BrightWire (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

They did an on campus interview and then they did a super day and then they made offers

Interview Questions

• Why do you think Brightwire will be a good fit   1 Answer

Had much better offers

Global Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BrightWire.

Interview

Applied to the position via on-campus recruiting in October, attended second round interview ("super day") at their central office, and was extended an offer in November for a post-graduate GMA job.

In August I received a call rescinding my offer of employment due to a downturn in the company's growth. BrightWire offered no form of compensation or help in obtaining a new job, despite having gone 8 months without any notification that my position might be in jeopardy.

Bottom line: don't waste your time applying here.

Editor Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BrightWire in January 2012.

Interview

In person interview followed by a case study. Never heard anything from the recruiter after submitting my completed case study.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BrightWire in November 2011.

Interview

Several weeks after applying online, was contacted via email with an invitation to take a skills test. The test consisted of a relatively in depth case study - finding, translating and summarizing five news articles about a given company.

I completed and sent in the case study, but never heard back from the hiring manager who had initially contacted me. Hoping for confirmation of receipt, I re-sent the email and again got no response. The company was incommunicado for about a month before I received an automated message that I was still under consideration, but that the hiring process had been pushed back to the company rebranding itself and moving to new headquarters in NYC. This email further stated that I would be made aware of the status of my application by the end of December. January rolls around and I had still not heard back. I accepted a job with another company, and was chuffed to recieve one final email from Brightwire a few weeks later, letting me know that I was no longer being considered for the job.

All in all it was a negative experience. Terrible communication from the company relative to the difficulty and time investment of their skills test. In my experience, sloppy hiring practices mean sloppy business practices; I'm convinced that I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BrightWire in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewer asked me whether I have past experience from media and translation and wanted to know how strong my writing skill is since they are collecting news information from all around the world and let their analysts to translate those to provide hot news to their customers.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your writing ability   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BrightWire in October 2011.

Interview

It was an 1:1 interview. I was asked to extract some numbers out from a nested list. For example {{11,2,3},4,null,{1},{4,null,3}}. I was using a nested loop to save those numbers in a new array. So that it could be easy to get any of them out. But I'm sure there would have a simpler way. As time was limited, I didnt figure it out in the interview.