Brightedge Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Online test->One round phone interview->One round behavior->Onsite. It took about one month totally. For the onsite, there are three round, first and second are technical, someone will ask you some basic questions about system, database and algorithm. For the third round, it is a project about a crawler, you need to finish it in one afternoon.

Professional Services Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Two preliminary phone calls. They then set up a 2 hour long Skype interview where you interview with 4 different team members for about 30 minutes each. They ask the typical interview questions along with one or two "outside the box" questions that are supposed to gauge your thought process on analyzing complex problems.

Waited 2 weeks to hear back from the Skype interview. Finally got a brief email saying they were going to continue seating other candidates.

It was a waste of time in terms of not getting the offer, but the challenging interview gave me some good interview experience moving forward. I just wish they hadn't left me waiting for 2 weeks... they probably knew they weren't going to hire me right after the Skype interview.

Enterprise Business Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies in February 2015.

I met a recruiter at my university's career fair in late October, which helped me to establish my initial contact with the company. I was contacted a month later by a recruiter to have an informal 20 minute interview. Since I was interested in working in their Chicago office, I was then put in contact with the manager in Chicago, where I was interviewed after Winter Break specifically for a position in the Chicago office. I was then prompted to take an online assessment to test my knowledge and basic understanding of sales/SEO. After satisfactorily completing the assessment, I was invited to a career day in February.

All and all, the interview process was sloppy. The recruiters dropped the ball a couple of times on scheduling interviews for me by scheduling them on days and times different than the ones we agreed upon. Furthermore, the scheduling of my career day was botched once before a successful scheduling. I eventually flew out to their Chicago office, instead of the usual visit to San Mateo. This made for a peculiar career today, as this event that was normally supposed to have lasted most of a day turned into a mere 45 minute interview. This was irritating since I had flown out to Chicago and back to have an interaction that could have just as easily been done via Skype. Contact with the recruiters to arrange this career day was difficult and it would often take days for them to respond.

Interview Questions
    • What part of this sales job will be the most difficult for you?   Answer Question

Enterprise Business Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brightedge Technologies in February 2015.

I had a first round phone interview, then quit the application process. Communication was poor and the structure of the process that was supposed to be followed was not. It was definitely indicative of the poor culture that has been alluded to in other Glassdoor reviews. There was, however, a substantial and useful amount of information provided about the company and the position itself, which was not actually outlined particularly well in the advertisement.

Interview Questions
    • "Why Sales?" and "Why Brightedge?" I was then essentially just asked to talk through my resume, experiences, and qualifications. It was incredibly straightforward, and the interviewer definitely did most of the talking in an attempt to articulate the nature of Brightedge.   Answer Question

SEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Got a call from recruiter, spoke with hiring manager, came in person, 3 hours- 4 people, heard yes the next day in morning. Process was quick but recruiter didn't share all the facts about company and team and work culture. I also didn't look at Glassdoor before starting here (my mistake). Check the facts with hiring manager.

I din't negotiate. Offer was good and I didn't had any other option at the time.

Account Executive Interview

Initial HR phone call, SEO assessment (I don't come from SEO so was nervous but I passed), then presentation. Interview with VP of sales. The whole thing moved fast and was thorough.

QA Engineer Interview

There are 3 rounds in the interview process. First, you need to finish a coding assignment in 48 hours. It contains 2 questions about test plans and test cases. If you pass the first round, you will have the phone interview and on site interview. I did not pass the first round.

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Brightedge Technologies in December 2014.

apply on school website. Get back from HR in a few weeks. spend 10 hours finishing a web crawler, then I was told they were hiring freeze, like after 5 business days after HR contacted me initially?!! if they were at hiring freeze, why they gave candidate super long coding assignment in the first place??

Interview Questions
    • use java to code a web crawler, display number of total items and list items on certain page.   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies in December 2014.

1. basic talk with HR
    2. Tech phone interview question:
        - question about resume
        - design test case for a e-reader
        - one very easy coding problem
        - Very simple SQL question
    3. Behavior phone interview
        - basic behavior phone interview
    4. On-site
        - three turn of tech interview, around 40 minutes each, mostly focus on test case design and network
        - write test case for gmail, for about 4 hours, and they will ask u to take it home and write more test case

Plus, I would like to talk about reimburse form. HR sent the reimburse form to me and said it will take 1 month to reimburse. After 2 month, I have not got the reimburse. I talked to other people who was interviewed at same day, and none of them got the reimburse. I emailed HR, and no feedback. I only request money of airport shuttle and one dinner. It make me very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • mostly focus on test case design and network, see more above   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

One round of on-compus interview, one on-line code challenge, one round phone interview (behavior), and one final on-site interview. The on-site interview involves 2 interviews and one code-challenge. The whole process takes around 4 weeks. The process is a little depressing, and you can feel the competition between you and other interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • The on-site interview involves 2 interviews and one code-challenge. It involves JDBC and web scrawler. The code challenge is not that hard, however, the interviewer's request is not that clear.   Answer Question