Brightedge Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

3.1

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

No transparency about interview process. As well as lie about OTE. Three different people gave me completely different OTE potential. Unprofessional and unorganized recruiting team. Interview questions had no structure and was kind of a joke. Online assessment, two phone screens, role play presentation with no preparation and the process moves very fast aggressive because it's a chop shop business with crappy office space.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? Why us? Why would you be good? I felt smarter than upper management and seemed like a poor place to work. Look ah the reviews   Answer Question

Horrible reviews online crappy recruitment process

Brightedge Technologies Response

Jun 9, 2015Sr. Director Global Talent Acquisition

Our interview process for Account Executives is very streamlined, detailed / structured and very transparent to all candidates, which allows for both the candidate and us to determine if this is a ... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Interview

First, I was referenced by a friend who works for the company. They will send out an email where they schedule a time to talk about the company in general. Then, you have a second phone interview talking about the role specifically. Finally, you will go to the office to have an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Ask about why bright edge? Why sales? Why Sales? and finally, what motivates you to do sales?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Interview

Phone interview. After the initial interview, they will send you a case study where you have to research:

the appropriate contact person. Why did you select this person? Next you also have to leave an email and voicemail for that person.You can use any resource online to find the proper contact person like linkedin.

Interview Questions

• Asked about your selling style. Standard interview questions. Be prepared for your interviews by familiarizing yourself with BrightEdge, the business, technology, products and customers.   Answer Question

Found better opportunities elsewhere

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was sought out through LinkedIn, and began the process in December of 2014. The process ended in March 2015. I was looking to work in New York although they had recruited me for the San Mateo office. The interview process was fairly intensive - multiple phone interviews, online skills assessments, and finally an in-person in New York. The company was generous enough to fly me out to New York and cover all expenses. Following the in-person interview, I played phone tag with my recruiter for WEEKS. It was nearly impossible to get a straight answer out of the company, and I was holding out on other job offers. Ultimately went with a different company - but still to this day I don't know whether or not I got a job offer. I understand that they had multiple candidates and were delaying a decision in the New York office, but it is unprofessional to hold out information and lead candidates on.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? Why Brightedge? How would you pitch the software to me right now? Really wanted to make sure that I was prepared for long hours/stringent training.   Answer Question

Brightedge Technologies Response

May 30, 2015Sr. Director Global Talent Acquisition

We are very sorry that this person did not have a great interview experience. I joined the company in January of this year to help build recruiting and we are working on being more responsive and ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Online test->One round phone interview->One round behavior->Onsite. It took about one month totally. For the onsite, there are three round, first and second are technical, someone will ask you some basic questions about system, database and algorithm. For the third round, it is a project about a crawler, you need to finish it in one afternoon.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Interview

Two preliminary phone calls. They then set up a 2 hour long Skype interview where you interview with 4 different team members for about 30 minutes each. They ask the typical interview questions along with one or two "outside the box" questions that are supposed to gauge your thought process on analyzing complex problems.

Waited 2 weeks to hear back from the Skype interview. Finally got a brief email saying they were going to continue seating other candidates.

It was a waste of time in terms of not getting the offer, but the challenging interview gave me some good interview experience moving forward. I just wish they hadn't left me waiting for 2 weeks... they probably knew they weren't going to hire me right after the Skype interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my university's career fair in late October, which helped me to establish my initial contact with the company. I was contacted a month later by a recruiter to have an informal 20 minute interview. Since I was interested in working in their Chicago office, I was then put in contact with the manager in Chicago, where I was interviewed after Winter Break specifically for a position in the Chicago office. I was then prompted to take an online assessment to test my knowledge and basic understanding of sales/SEO. After satisfactorily completing the assessment, I was invited to a career day in February.

All and all, the interview process was sloppy. The recruiters dropped the ball a couple of times on scheduling interviews for me by scheduling them on days and times different than the ones we agreed upon. Furthermore, the scheduling of my career day was botched once before a successful scheduling. I eventually flew out to their Chicago office, instead of the usual visit to San Mateo. This made for a peculiar career today, as this event that was normally supposed to have lasted most of a day turned into a mere 45 minute interview. This was irritating since I had flown out to Chicago and back to have an interaction that could have just as easily been done via Skype. Contact with the recruiters to arrange this career day was difficult and it would often take days for them to respond.

Interview Questions

• What part of this sales job will be the most difficult for you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brightedge Technologies in February 2015.

Interview

I had a first round phone interview, then quit the application process. Communication was poor and the structure of the process that was supposed to be followed was not. It was definitely indicative of the poor culture that has been alluded to in other Glassdoor reviews. There was, however, a substantial and useful amount of information provided about the company and the position itself, which was not actually outlined particularly well in the advertisement.

Interview Questions

• "Why Sales?" and "Why Brightedge?" I was then essentially just asked to talk through my resume, experiences, and qualifications. It was incredibly straightforward, and the interviewer definitely did most of the talking in an attempt to articulate the nature of Brightedge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

1st Round: Phone interview. Very basic interview questions-- nothing that jumped out at me.
    2nd Round: Online assessment: Do you research!!! Have a calculator handy. Time= 30 min
    3rd Round: Final Interview: I went into the office and had a 2:1 interview with the managers in the office. You definitely have to be prepared. Know the industry, know the company in and out. Do not ask basic questions... they hear these all the time. They let me conduct the interview-- Have questions prepared!!! Have a mock sales call prepared. Confidence is key.

Interview Questions

• "Sell BrightEdge to me"
      "Why BrightEdge?"
      "How do you handle failure/being turned down?"

The questions came organically but they will throw a lot at back at you to see how your mind works. For example, when I asked them a question about what they're looking for in a candidate they threw it back saying, "what qualities do you think we're looking for?:" etc...stay away from basic questions like that.

Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies (San Mateo, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Thorough -

They do the standard recruiter call to screen any crazy peeps - doesn't take much more than competent communication to get to the next round.

Then you speak with a team memeber about relevant experiences - the next interview is about the same but you get a case question which tests your problem solving skills/quantification abilities
    example: How many people take the bus everyday in San Francisco.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, How do you approach/prioritize heavy workloads, What interests you about BrightEdge   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate