Brightedge Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Interview

Email with a colleague referral. Primary phone call and then a follow up. The interviewer never got back to me but I also never sent in a thank you note. Was not too motivated by the company overall.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Starts with a basic phone interview with an HR representative who screens you and passes you on to the account executive you will be working with. Interestingly they have you do a research project on a random company to produce leads and to submit a mock sales email and voicemail. Afterwards they have you take an online test that you have to pass in order to keep going through the interview process. Lastly you go to an in person interviewer with the account executive you would work with as well as either a phone call or a skype call with the director of hiring in California. I made it up to this part before they decided that I wasn't a proper fit. Which was a disappointment to be honest I was genuinely excited to work here. Good luck to those who apply.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why brightedge? What do you know of our product?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

No transparency about interview process. As well as lie about OTE. Three different people gave me completely different OTE potential. Unprofessional and unorganized recruiting team. Interview questions had no structure and was kind of a joke. Online assessment, two phone screens, role play presentation with no preparation and the process moves very fast aggressive because it's a chop shop business with crappy office space.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? Why us? Why would you be good? I felt smarter than upper management and seemed like a poor place to work. Look ah the reviews   Answer Question

Horrible reviews online crappy recruitment process

Brightedge Technologies Response

Jun 9, 2015 – Sr. Director Global Talent Acquisition

Our interview process for Account Executives is very streamlined, detailed / structured and very transparent to all candidates, which allows for both the candidate and us to determine if this is a ... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (San Mateo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Went through a couple phone calls with recruiters and then managers and then directors to see if I would be a fit for the team. Also looked into case studies and various random questions that may be asked to test my thought process.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous work experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (San Mateo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The screening and interview process was swift. Initially, I spoke with a recruiter over the phone, and it was more of an informative call than anything. The recruiter scheduled me for a phone screen with a sales manager the very next day. A week later, I went in for a series of onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Interview

First, I was referenced by a friend who works for the company. They will send out an email where they schedule a time to talk about the company in general. Then, you have a second phone interview talking about the role specifically. Finally, you will go to the office to have an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Ask about why bright edge? Why sales? Why Sales? and finally, what motivates you to do sales?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Interview

Phone interview. After the initial interview, they will send you a case study where you have to research: the appropriate contact person. Why did you select this person? Next you also have to leave an email and voicemail for that person.You can use any resource online to find the proper contact person like linkedin.

Interview Questions

• Asked about your selling style. Standard interview questions. Be prepared for your interviews by familiarizing yourself with BrightEdge, the business, technology, products and customers.   Answer Question

Found better opportunities elsewhere

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was sought out through LinkedIn, and began the process in December of 2014. The process ended in March 2015. I was looking to work in New York although they had recruited me for the San Mateo office. The interview process was fairly intensive - multiple phone interviews, online skills assessments, and finally an in-person in New York. The company was generous enough to fly me out to New York and cover all expenses. Following the in-person interview, I played phone tag with my recruiter for WEEKS. It was nearly impossible to get a straight answer out of the company, and I was holding out on other job offers. Ultimately went with a different company - but still to this day I don't know whether or not I got a job offer. I understand that they had multiple candidates and were delaying a decision in the New York office, but it is unprofessional to hold out information and lead candidates on.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? Why Brightedge? How would you pitch the software to me right now? Really wanted to make sure that I was prepared for long hours/stringent training.   Answer Question

Brightedge Technologies Response

May 30, 2015 – Sr. Director Global Talent Acquisition

We are very sorry that this person did not have a great interview experience. I joined the company in January of this year to help build recruiting and we are working on being more responsive and ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Online test->One round phone interview->One round behavior->Onsite. It took about one month totally. For the onsite, there are three round, first and second are technical, someone will ask you some basic questions about system, database and algorithm. For the third round, it is a project about a crawler, you need to finish it in one afternoon.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Interview

Two preliminary phone calls. They then set up a 2 hour long Skype interview where you interview with 4 different team members for about 30 minutes each. They ask the typical interview questions along with one or two "outside the box" questions that are supposed to gauge your thought process on analyzing complex problems. Waited 2 weeks to hear back from the Skype interview. Finally got a brief email saying they were going to continue seating other candidates. It was a waste of time in terms of not getting the offer, but the challenging interview gave me some good interview experience moving forward. I just wish they hadn't left me waiting for 2 weeks... they probably knew they weren't going to hire me right after the Skype interview.