Brightedge Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

Sales Associate Interview

3 stages. First round was a quick 15 min screen asking why sales and why Brightedge. Second round was a 30 min call asking similar questions. Final round they asked me to put on a 30 min presentation about a technology of my choosing. They really want you to approach it with a sales mindset and be trying to close the hiring manager the entire time.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Applied Online. Company very unclear of what they want from candidates. Even after completing the exercise on their on-site interview, they sent a decline. Waste of time and energy.

Software Engineer Interview

3 interviews. First one is to write a web crawl for a given shopping website in 48 hours to implement two queries: find the total number of search results for a given keyword; print out all the search results in the screen by giving keyword and page number. The second one will be the technical phone interview and the behaverial interview will follow it. The last one should be the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Just pass the first round and waiting for the second round   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brightedge Technologies in October 2014.

First round was a coding interview, which was basically parsing a webpage. Try to use API's, don't use line by line parsing.

Second round was coding interview. You can expect some basic data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • Time complexity is more important. Every solution should be optimised.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies in October 2014.

External recruiter found me for this role after her previous candidate refused the offer due to this organization's culture of disrespect and overwork.

Her email seemed like a scam but I had 2 phone interviews with employees, and did a presentation (for which I received incomplete instructions) to 3 employees, who criticized it based on omissions due to the incomplete information.
    The hiring manager didn't hear the presentation because he was 40 minutes late.
    In addition, the hiring manager invited me to an in-person off-site two hour meeting in which he told me of numerous instances disrespectful and abusive treatment by executives that he and other employees experienced.
    He reported that the CEO said he is not seeking to hire "A players" because all he only needs people to "follow the playbook."

He told me that the next step was to meet three executives, but this was never scheduled. Internal recruiter said she would contact me by "the end of the day," and she never did.
    After 3 weeks, she sent an email to the external recruiter saying, "Tell her she's rejected."
    The external recruiter never called me but forwarded the email after I followed up with her.
    This recruiter also forwarded an email from the hiring manager saying, "Keep her warm."

I mentioned this to a colleague, who knows one of the investors, and thought that he would be interested in this experience.

Entry-Level Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies in October 2014.

Applied through school career board and get an Online Assignment. After that, a phone behavioral interview and then brought on-site. The on-site experience is worst experience I ever had! Starting early in the morning, 9:00 am and ends late that night 7:00 pm. Four rounds interviews and a coding assignment and they even gave you 24 hours more to finish the coding assignment! Really a waste of time!

Interview Questions
    • The coding assignment! Ask you write a general application to crab restaurant websites   Answer Question

Entry-Level Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies in September 2014.

I got the interview from school career fair. The first round is technical interview, which is to finish a project within 48 hours. I think I did well since everything is working but I got rejected. I believe the reason is that I did not present a good hierarchy in my java program. Due to this, I felt the way the company is testing people is not quite fair.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies in September 2014.

48 hour task about web text scrapper
    then interview about algorithm questions like the ones on leetcode one easy and one difficult
    then behavior questions about what do you think about the startup company or working extra hours?
    haven't started onsite

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

I applied for this job months ago and wrote it off as one of those applications that were lost in the shuffle

To my surprise I received an email from a Technical Recruiter a few days ago to see if I was still interested. I stated that I was and was soon followed with a 20-25 min phone call about the role. I was very confident with my answers and even found myself on the offense as the recruiter struggled to provide me answers to my questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Asked to write a sales tax calculator, and write a test report in 48 hours. Can use any languages and IDE. Final deliverable should be executable on windows. Choose whatever user interface as you like. No hard requirement for most of things.