Brightedge Technologies

Brightedge Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

Entry-Level Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies in October 2014.

Applied through school career board and get an Online Assignment. After that, a phone behavioral interview and then brought on-site. The on-site experience is worst experience I ever had! Starting early in the morning, 9:00 am and ends late that night 7:00 pm. Four rounds interviews and a coding assignment and they even gave you 24 hours more to finish the coding assignment! Really a waste of time!

Interview Questions
    • The coding assignment! Ask you write a general application to crab restaurant websites   Answer Question

Entry-Level Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies in September 2014.

I got the interview from school career fair. The first round is technical interview, which is to finish a project within 48 hours. I think I did well since everything is working but I got rejected. I believe the reason is that I did not present a good hierarchy in my java program. Due to this, I felt the way the company is testing people is not quite fair.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies in September 2014.

48 hour task about web text scrapper
    then interview about algorithm questions like the ones on leetcode one easy and one difficult
    then behavior questions about what do you think about the startup company or working extra hours?
    haven't started onsite

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

I applied for this job months ago and wrote it off as one of those applications that were lost in the shuffle

To my surprise I received an email from a Technical Recruiter a few days ago to see if I was still interested. I stated that I was and was soon followed with a 20-25 min phone call about the role. I was very confident with my answers and even found myself on the offense as the recruiter struggled to provide me answers to my questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Asked to write a sales tax calculator, and write a test report in 48 hours. Can use any languages and IDE. Final deliverable should be executable on windows. Choose whatever user interface as you like. No hard requirement for most of things.

Web Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

I was contacted by their recruiter through email informing that the interview process would consist of three parts: code assignment, phone interview, and final interview. For code assignment, I was required to build a webpage using HTML, CSS and JavaScript according to an AI file within 48 hours. I finished it and sent codes back to them for grading. However, I did not pass this first step of interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think the coding assignment is difficult, I just feel like they do want to hire someone who is experienced not entry-level.   Answer Question

Client Service Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

I wasn't looking to change jobs but one of BrightEdge's internal recruiters contacted me via LinkedIn. I had a good conversation with him and thought the position sounded interesting, even though it was a slight departure from my career path thus far and my current job. The recruiter gave me some details, and I agreed to a phone interview with a manager.

Before the interview, I did some recon and got mixed reviews... One current employee told me that the technology was great and she liked her job, but another friend and former co-worker found the culture "weird" and "hyper-competitive." I also heard references to “drinking the Kool-Aid,” and was told that the office is like a glorified call center. It was nothing I hadn't encountered elsewhere in the tech/startup world but still, it was enough to give me pause.

So I went into the interview cautious but interested. The interviewer seemed a little rushed but was nice enough. She asked me some generic questions (describe your background, what's your career plan, etc.), and I asked her some (what are you looking for in an ideal candidate, etc.). After the interview, via email she wished me “good luck with the rest of the process,” which I took to mean that there would be some more, you know, process.

I have great credentials and people skills, plus more experience than necessary to do well in this type of position, but I didn’t give my “hard sell,” given what I’d read and heard, and the fact that they'd contacted me. That said, I felt the call went at least well enough to justify another phone interview so I was surprised when the recruiter contacted me the following week saying that the team had decided not to move forward.

But while I was annoyed to be summarily dismissed after a single phone interview, what really ticked me off was that the recruiter ignored my email asking for insight as to the team’s reasoning. I expected a canned answer but I didn’t expect radio silence -- that’s just bad manners.

I’m pretty sure I dodged a bullet but wow, what a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised to be asked why I had applied to work there when they were the ones who contacted me, but other than that, it was pretty standard fare.

I originally received a prep email with links to interview case study advice and samples so I suppose I would've had to answer some sort of hypothetical, had I moved on in the interview process.

Answer Question

Sales Interview

Initial phone screen, analytics test, manager phone screen, on-site interview with case studies and multiple manager interviews. Took about 6 weeks total to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were responsible for SEO at your company, why would you invest in BrightEdge?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brightedge Technologies in April 2014.

There're three rounds of interview. The first round is a 48 hours long online assignment; the second round is a phone interview; the third round is on-site interview. My assignment is to write a test plan to test two websites, one of them is a news website, the other one is related to form validation. I didn't pass the first round even though I though my assignment was done well.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the question is to come up with a detailed test plan.   Answer Question

Client Service Manager Interview

Had a series of phone interviews (about 4 or 5) with different senior staff members before being brought for a day of several in-person interviews at their office in San Mateo (I'm East Coast based and the company paid for the expenses). The interviews were challenging but not unnecessarily so and covered a range of questions involving case questions, personality and career plan questions, and familiarity and comfort with the job responsibilities. The staff were very intelligent and friendly and I found the overall experience extremely positive. The job offer was generous and even though the firm wanted to hire quickly (as it was expanding rapidly), I secured a month to make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • How many pounds of luggage were on the plane that you took here?   Answer Question

The decision was based on the fact that the opportunities another job offer provided aligned more closely with my long-term career objectives.