Brightedge Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Interview

Online test->One round phone interview->One round behavior->Onsite. It took about one month totally. For the onsite, there are three round, first and second are technical, someone will ask you some basic questions about system, database and algorithm. For the third round, it is a project about a crawler, you need to finish it in one afternoon.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brightedge Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies in December 2014.

Interview

apply on school website. Get back from HR in a few weeks. spend 10 hours finishing a web crawler, then I was told they were hiring freeze, like after 5 business days after HR contacted me initially?!! if they were at hiring freeze, why they gave candidate super long coding assignment in the first place??

Interview Questions

• use java to code a web crawler, display number of total items and list items on certain page.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One round of on-compus interview, one on-line code challenge, one round phone interview (behavior), and one final on-site interview. The on-site interview involves 2 interviews and one code-challenge. The whole process takes around 4 weeks. The process is a little depressing, and you can feel the competition between you and other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• The on-site interview involves 2 interviews and one code-challenge. It involves JDBC and web scrawler. The code challenge is not that hard, however, the interviewer's request is not that clear.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Interview

Applied Online. Company very unclear of what they want from candidates. Even after completing the exercise on their on-site interview, they sent a decline. Waste of time and energy.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

3 interviews. First one is to write a web crawl for a given shopping website in 48 hours to implement two queries: find the total number of search results for a given keyword; print out all the search results in the screen by giving keyword and page number. The second one will be the technical phone interview and the behaverial interview will follow it. The last one should be the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Just pass the first round and waiting for the second round   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

First round was a coding interview, which was basically parsing a webpage. Try to use API's, don't use line by line parsing. Second round was coding interview. You can expect some basic data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Time complexity is more important. Every solution should be optimised.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies in September 2014.

Interview

48 hour task about web text scrapper then interview about algorithm questions like the ones on leetcode one easy and one difficult then behavior questions about what do you think about the startup company or working extra hours? haven't started onsite

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.

Interview

Asked to write a sales tax calculator, and write a test report in 48 hours. Can use any languages and IDE. Final deliverable should be executable on windows. Choose whatever user interface as you like. No hard requirement for most of things.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (San Mateo, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through the career center website in the university. The first response is within a week. 1) 48-hour coding assignment: use Java to write a web scraper for a certain URL. 2) Technical phone interview: routine algorithm questions. 3) Behavioral phone interview: very common interview questions like why do you choose this company, how to handle conflict in a team. 4) Onsite interview: 2 technical interviews + a 5.5-hour coding assignment. The technical part is very easy, but the coding assignment is kind-of mission impossible. The assignment is similar to the 48-hour one but much harder. They asked to write a web crawler that works for multiple sites. During the whole day, none of the interviewers were senior engineers or managers. They put people in a mission impossible coding assignment since they don't have a clear idea what they want to test. The whole interview went from 9am to 7:30pm, which was extremely horrible.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies in December 2013.

Interview

Applied with a campus recruiter. They responded back the next day and setup initial phone interview in 2 days. 1. Initial contact (email) 2. 1st phone interview (coding ~1.5 hr) 3. 2nd phone interview (talk about your experience and what you want to do ~1hr) and asked my availability for an on-site interview. They told me that they felt a good fit. 4. After a day, they stop the process abruptly and told me that they found better candidates. They do have very bizarre process and cut off the engagement without much explanation. So, don't waste too much time with them.

Interview Questions

• Write fibonacci function and print the first n number of it, and write a optimize version using DP. Basically you can cache the results of fibonacci(n) in an array like int[] fibn; Asked about the functional programming advantage over iterative. Main idea: functional is pure and can easily be use in multiple core CPU.   Answer Question