Brighterion Analytical Engineer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Analytical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brighterion (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

CEO (he won't introduce himself as such or give you his name) talks to you for a while. You take a test. You're told you've done a terrible job on the test/quiz you've been given. CEO decides to "give you a chance". This is to soften you up for the super low salary and benefits you'll be getting when you finally get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember, this was a long time ago. Maybe some random trivia about how paths are evaluated on Windows versus linux (from left to right or right to left).   1 Answer

Negotiation

About to walk out of the interview the first time at the wage offered (below poverty level for the bay area for a reasonably technical job) but was bumped up with promises of quick raises (which I thought would be to Bay area standards). I really needed a job at that point and thought it would be a good way to learn AI so I took the job.