Brighterion Junior Analytical Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Junior Analytical Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Brighterion in January 2010.

Applied to a Craigslist add, which was listed as "Analytical Scientist". Got an email to come in. No phone screening, which I haven't experienced anywhere else. I waited by the front desk for almost an hour, and this happened to every person that interviewed there as well. Finally you get asked in and the first person you talk to is the CEO, which I haven't experienced anywhere else either. He goes on about his own experience / growth story / how great BRIGHTERION is BTW and how it will be bought by their main client.

Then I interviewed with the French management duo, wasn't anything hard, but I got the impression that they weren't very interested. Also interviewed with the QA manager. Lots of waiting involved.

Then back to the CEO office, where I get some speech about how none of the guys wanted me there. And it goes on and on and on, and then finally it turns into "but I'm going to give you a chance". (?) I talked to others about their experience and it had been the same.

The craigslist posting said to mention a salary requirement, which I did. I was told that I would be hired on a "training salary" which I thought meant that I'd have that for a couple of months, and then I would get what I had mentioned in the application. This did not happen. The whole salary thing is very mysterious, and when you get the small raises starting from the under $2000/month training salary, it's never explained how much you are going to get or when you are going to get a raise. Apparently one person got fired when he asked for a raise.

The interview isn't technically difficult but it's a very bizarre experience.

Interview Questions
There is no option to negotiate, it's a take it or leave it situation.

Worked for Brighterion? Contribute to the Community!