Brighton Collectibles Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2015
Updated Feb 2, 2015

2.9

Jewelry Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brighton Collectibles.

The interview process started soon after my resume submission. It was very professional and the interviewers were quick to share as much information about the company. However, there were too many stages of the interview process that dragged on for one month. I was only being hired as a senior jewelry designer and not for top management.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the pressure all designers have to stay on top of trends?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brighton Collectibles in June 2014.

Very comfortable interview. The district manager looked me in the eye when talking to me. She took several notes. It was in a the starbucks in the mall the store was located.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question, however I felt as though I did not answer the questions the way she wanted.
      My experience in management is leading a team. She didn't seem interested in my management experience.

View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Brighton Collectibles.

The hiring and interview process was very lengthy and stressful. It took me almost 4 months before I had an offer..

Interview Questions
    • What are you going to bring to the company that we may not already have?   Answer Question

Sales Partner Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Brighton Collectibles.

Not organized. New managing partners were off being trained at other stores around the country so DM was handling local hiring. Managing partner I assume had final say but DM seemed to have had interviews and made the selections for her which I think she sometimes resents as I get the impression not everyone is who she would have selected. HR lost my paper application I had submitted in person a month after I started working there and I had to resend it - not the most organized bunch...

Assistant Manager Sales Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Brighton Collectibles.

Brighton initiated further contact. I threw out the job application, after meeting the Store Manager.

Assistant Manager Interview

Several interviews with store manager, district manager and regional manager. Very aggressive, comphrehensive and thorough. Not very accurate or forthcoming answers to my questions.

Sales Representative (Accounts Executive) Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Brighton Collectibles.

This process is a waste of time. They expect you to run around and jump through hoops.

Interview Questions
    • Depends who is interviewing. Some of them were casual and as you went on you can feel the caddy snobby attitude surface.   Answer Question

Offered another job at another company.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Brighton Collectibles in February 2013.

Interview Questions
    • Do you really want to move to California? This question makes a candidate assume that if you move there, you could work there unless they give you another reason. You actually need to have your roots in California.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Brighton Collectibles in November 2012.

Interviewed with Store Manager, Assistant Manager and Team lead. Questions pertain to what would you do situations and what things you like in life. It's all about you. Then they will discuss the position, you are called on to work as an as needed basis to meet business needs for part-time work. Your flexibility here is key.

None, Seasonal Part-time sales is $9.00

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brighton Collectibles in July 2012.

I answered an ad placed on a website and also through the mall's website. After a phone screening interview with the store manager which consisted of average retail questions, I had an interview with the district manager. We met at a hotels lobby as there were other applicants and I went through a two hour interview. Mainly questions on how I have worked in the past as a manager and lots of questions about handling customers and theft, naming a time when I had a difficult customer, etc. I had done my homework about the company so I was pretty relaxed. The district took a lot of notes and apparently was scoring me on the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I felt that most of the questions were rigorous and very detailed in answering. In depth questions about specific situations in a retail environment.   View Answer
    I had already told them what I expected at the end of the initial interview. I was offered what I wanted but at the signing, it was not what I expected.