Brightpoint

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Plainfield, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brightpoint in January 2011.

Interview Details – Met with 3 different people. All 4 were assistant directors or directors. I was called initially by talent acquisition. There were 2 sets of interviews and the job offer came after the 2nd set.

Interview Question – Really run-of-the-mill questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An offer was sent to me and while the salary was not so great the vacation was good. I accepted.

ME Internship Interview

ME Internship

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Brightpoint.

Interview Details – one on one interview on campus, typical question. But the person who should have interviewed me didn't show because of traveling. About 20 minutes talk, but I waited for 3 weeks to get the result that I'm out.

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Plainfield, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Brightpoint in January 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the network, service desk, and server group managers. They asked general questions about technology to see if I had a general understanding about the job.

Interview Question – How do you prioritize multiple urgent requests that occur at the same time?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Plainfield, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brightpoint in February 2010.

Interview Details – The initial interview was via phone with the in-house recruiter. I was interested in the company and the position and accepted the in person interview. My in person interviews were with 3 people. All went well. The first was with the VP of Sales and I would have reported directly to him. The other two were also VP level.

Interview Question – I do not recall any questions being difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because the VP of Sales answered my questions in a way that led me to believe that he was a micro manager and wanted me to run my team in the same manner. I could have done this if that is what I had to do, but ultimately, I would not be happy and neither would my team.

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Brightpoint.

Interview Details – Straightforward process, just one telephone interview and within 3 hours an offer was made. Lengthy negotiation process as more emphasis was placed on benefits than the base salary.

Interview Question – Very easy technical questions, nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Lengthy, be sure to ask for anything you have in mind, they are pretty open towards reasonable concerns.

Very Easy Interview

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Brightpoint in September 2008.

Interview Details – The process is disorganized. The people you are supposed to meet don't show up and send their underlings to perform the interview. The questions lack structure and basically you end up meeting 1-2 people that ask you relevant questions. The HR portion of the interview is organized.

Interview Question – Describe a time in your professional career when you had to deal with conflict with a fellow employee and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary offer was laughable. Considering that their office is in a far corner of the city, unless you live next door, they don't even cover you for the increase in gas prices based on their salaries. Bonuses are nothing to speak of.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Brightpoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brightpoint interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Brightpoint employees and interview candidates.